7-aaa offseason thread

Texmex9

Coach A already has a volunteer waterboy. Remember he doesn't like big numbers, so you will have to stick with being his lawnboy.

No, it has to be football related. Maybe I can play the part of a disgruntled former player's parent that has never coached a day. I've seen enough on here to be able to do that well, but i guess that is not a single position, more of a club. I don't think I would be too welcome in that one, with my conflicting manifesto and all. Maybe I can be the old retired guy that donates a wheelbarrow full of money to pay for the turf they want. Think they would name the synthetic grass after me? '"Swami Grass" at Tomahawk Stadium has a great sound to it, and that keeps me in the lawn genre you thought would work for me. 

Swami, I would honestly like to hear what you feel is wrong with the program you support, and the remedy to the situation through your eyes. You have shown that you disagree with others opinions of what they view as wrong, but haven't found anything where you provide input. If you would, please share.

7aaa needs stable zones so the feeder schools have time to build and send players on to the zoned high school that know that offense/defense and have pride in the program before they ever get there. The talent is there for multiple state championships by several schools in 7aaa. The coaching is in place at several of them as well. Time and stability are the missing pieces. Everything else is there. The district needs 5-7 consecutive years without a new school being built and minimal zoning changes and then the championships will come much more regularly. The growth and politics of the county may prevent it. If that is the case, 7aaa as a general rule will not have more than 1-2 championships per decade, if that many.  

For qb#7

Swimi, there you go assuming things again. How do you know I have never coached. I have plenty of years of coaching experience. And a whole lot of playing years. Besides, I don't think you have to be a coach to see what's happening at Riverdale. I think field turf is the last thing they need right now. A new weight room would be nice for starters and maybe a new locker room. If you have a wheelbarrow full of money to give, what are you waiting on. They are in desperate need of funds.

Swimi, there you go assuming things again. How do you know I have never coached. I have plenty of years of coaching experience. And a whole lot of playing years. Besides, I don't think you have to be a coach to see what's happening at Riverdale. I think field turf is the last thing they need right now. A new weight room would be nice for starters and maybe a new locker room. If you have a wheelbarrow full of money to give, what are you waiting on. They are in desperate need of funds.

There you go assuming things again. I was talking to you, but not necessarily about you. Strange how you think the weights and room they won state championships with are no longer good enough. Are new weights lighter or heavier these days? 

Just for my clarification, you are saying the only thing that is holding most of the schools in 7-AAA back is the other schools in 7-AAA and the school board? Also, just for the record, I completely agree and understand that it is easier to be consistently successful at a single or small school district if you have the right population.

Edited by qb#7

I am saying the weight room is to small and outdated. Every sport in the school has to use the same weight room. unless your in first period the players are only lifting 2 days one week and 3 days the next. Rutherford county is on a block schedule now, but you probably know that since you spend most of your time at Riverdale. also the locker room is terrible. Falling apart. when you compare the football facilities to Siegel, Oakland and Blackman, no wander kids are driving by Riverdale to play at the other schools, that and most kids don't want to paly in the wing-t system.

Just for my clarification, you are saying the only thing that is holding most of the schools in 7-AAA back is the other schools in 7-AAA and the school board? Also, just for the record, I completely agree and understand that it is easier to be consistently successful at a single or small school district if you have the right population.

That is a portion of it, but not the only thing as you state. The regularly changing school zones is my belief and explanation as to why there has been a slacking off of the once 7aaa, mainly Riverdale,  dominance. Rankin saw it coming and left. Some members of coacht don't want to look at the whole picture and the whole history and only want to blame the man that replaced the man. They are leaving out the biggest piece of the puzzle and give an inept, incomplete, and inaccurate explanation.

I am saying the weight room is to small and outdated. Every sport in the school has to use the same weight room. unless your in first period the players are only lifting 2 days one week and 3 days the next. Rutherford county is on a block schedule now, but you probably know that since you spend most of your time at Riverdale. also the locker room is terrible. Falling apart. when you compare the football facilities to Siegel, Oakland and Blackman, no wander kids are driving by Riverdale to play at the other schools, that and most kids don't want to paly in the wing-t system.

What kids are driving by Riverdale to play at other schools and how are they getting away with it? It might be perfectly legal, but you seem to have some specific knowledge, so without giving player names, please share. 

There is a whole thread going that talks about the wing-t and gives very strong reasons why the kids that don't want to play it are misinformed, which they were by others in the county telling them how bad and boring and you won't get seen or the big numbers by playing within it. Total bull used by some to get kids to come to other schools and to badmouth a coach.