7-aaa offseason thread

Texmex9

Swami, you must not be as close to the program as you thought. How can you tell who is going to other schools without giving names. I'm sure you know the answer. The wing-t limits running backs from getting touches. When you have four backs in the starting backfield and subbing three more, then 5 touches a game isn't much. Plus it limits the QB from the passing game. How many colleges are running the wing-t. Not many looking for a Wing-t QB. Besides, that is just a small part of what is going on at Riverdale.

Swami, you must not be as close to the program as you thought. How can you tell who is going to other schools without giving names. I'm sure you know the answer. The wing-t limits running backs from getting touches. When you have four backs in the starting backfield and subbing three more, then 5 touches a game isn't much. Plus it limits the QB from the passing game. How many colleges are running the wing-t. Not many looking for a Wing-t QB. Besides, that is just a small part of what is going on at Riverdale.

You must not be as close as you want people to think, otherwise you would be able to say there is a running back at Oakland in the IB program or a QB at Blackman lying about his address or a lineman at Siegel that is taking Russian and Riverdale doesnt offer it. Those are just examples of giving info without giving names. 

Great athletes get found no matter the offense. A well run, truly deceptive wing t will have multiple backs with impressive yards, including the QB. You can also have a great passing game out of the wing t. To some, it may not have the flash of the spread, but that is generally a reflection of that person's knowledge of football as a whole and indication of their lack of understanding of the wing t. That is not meant to be any sort of insult to you and there is no need for resumes to be discussed. 

It is definitely only a small part of what is going on, with their outdated weight room being such a problem. I'm still waiting to hear if that is making the weights lighter or heavier for the Riverdale kids...its a wonder they ever won a championship with that sort of disadvantage compared to the rest of the state. 

My bad swami, Your probably right about the weight room. I guess it should fall back on the coaching winning championships.

I actually agree with you. The buck stops at the top of the program. The disagreement has always been what hurdles the program faces. Some believe the hurdle is the coach, while I believe it is the multiple rezoning that disrupted a great football system that was in place at Riverdale. Rankin leaving at the first signs of it is very strong evidence; he didn't leave because he thought he was going to keep winning, he left for greener pastures because he saw the well soon drying up at Riverdale.  And blaming a proven coach that has a great winning record, a state championship, and the desire to win more for being the problem in the face of the much bigger issue of multiple rezonings is just stupid, uninformed, and generally petty. 

But we can blame the weightroom and the website if that makes it easier for some. Sure, lets blame it on something that we think we might be able to do something about, but lets not work on what the real problem is. Boy, has that ever become the American way!

No. LaVergne has too transient of a population. LaVergne is a metro school that happens to be in Rutherford county. 

Even with a very good WR and promising RB returning, the loss of Fore at QB and Horner at the other WR spot narrows the window on them even getting to .500

Plus, this is the last year of students being "grandfathered" back to LHS or Smyrna which means more of them will be at Stewie after this year.  Watch for steady improvement at SCHS in the next few years that could be at the expense of LHS, Smyrna, and even BHS.

Five years from now it could be Oakland battling Stewie for 7aaa bragging rights.

Blackman has to be the early favorite for next season. It will be close between them and Oakland (again), but because of coaching I give a slight edge to the Blaze.

Does anyone know how Siegel should look for 2014?

Siegel has enough pieces to be a pretty good team. Got to grow up a little bit on defense, but with the Knox brothers, Howse, and Middleton on offense, they should be competitive and expect another 6-8 win season for the Stars