Semi-Final UNION CITY VS. NCS

JDOGG80

Wow! Chickendave, JDOGG80 I didn't know you cared. LOL. Thanks for the support. I appreciate your comments.

I want to take a moment to sorta give blanket thank you to everyone who has mentioned my son and his service to our great country. I did not mention him to garner any attention. I was just showing a common link between myself and eagle13. Niether of us have a kid playing in this game but still love and support the kids who are playing. I would feel bad if I also did not give my 2nd son his due. He did not play sports but he is serving us in the NAVY. Aviation electronics is what he is learning about. Im proud of them both.

I want to respond to one thing bigdan said and that's all I'm going to give him credit for. I am not in anyway trying to scare the NCS posters with my comments about how we run our offense. I was simply commenting to Monkey Wrench and his synopsis about defending the mid-line veer. If any of you feel like I was trying to sound intmidating, I assure you that was not my intent. The only thing I was pointing out is that it's not as easy to do as he was saying. The truth of the matter is that your entire team and the level you guys play at is intimidating. Atleast to me. Your program has worked very hard to get here and you deserve to be in this game. If we can win this Friday I will say that we defeated one of the finest football programs in the state to get to Cookeville. If we lose I will say that we got beat by the same. About the only thing that upsets me about games anymore is poor officiating. I can't stand it when the refs blow calls. Outside of that I don't feel like all my hopes and dreams were crushed if a better team wins the game.

First of all congrats to both teams for making the semis, practicing on thanksgiving means uve had a special year ! I feel like a turnover in the 4th qtr converted to points will be the deciding factor. For NC to win the game u must attack the gaps to defend the veer, ( not play read on the D front ) LB play will b critical for NC, NC don't need to get themselves in long down and distance situations. NC I think will win the game if they can get some defensive stops, but that's a lot easier said than done, UC is gunna pound the ball over and over and if they get up on NC is gunna b tough to stop em,,,,, UC knows what wins the gold, running the ball ! This gunna b a good game, I look for NC to run alot of lead plays, with that big FB and speedster at TB I know I certainly would ! Good luck to both teams ! Only one will play for the gold

I want to respond to one thing bigdan said and that's all I'm going to give him credit for. I am not in anyway trying to scare the NCS posters with my comments about how we run our offense. I was simply commenting to Monkey Wrench and his synopsis about defending the mid-line veer. If any of you feel like I was trying to sound intmidating, I assure you that was not my intent. The only thing I was pointing out is that it's not as easy to do as he was saying. The truth of the matter is that your entire team and the level you guys play at is intimidating. Atleast to me. Your program has worked very hard to get here and you deserve to be in this game. If we can win this Friday I will say that we defeated one of the finest football programs in the state to get to Cookeville. If we lose I will say that we got beat by the same. About the only thing that upsets me about games anymore is poor officiating. I can't stand it when the refs blow calls. Outside of that I don't feel like all my hopes and dreams were crushed if a better team wins the game.

I thought we had a very good officiating crew Friday night although they were a little rigid. They were out to prove a point from the get-go - we got a sideline warning on the opening kickoff. They hustled to each team on a timeout and prevented guys from entering/leaving the field.  We had our typical personal foul penalties - would really like to see that go away this week.  But for the most part, they let the boys play.  

Here's what I think and know about NCS...

Offensively, #50 & #34 for NCS are beasts.  Men among boys physically.  If NCS did nothing but run #34 straight ahead behind #50 they'd have a chance to win no matter which 1A team they play (emphasis on straight because #34 doesn't always like to run straight ahead).  There isn't any scheme needed with these two...they're bigger and stronger and you just have to deal with it :lol: .

Defensively, NCS is really good.  They get a good push up front and their LB's are excellent (DB's are good too!).  The defense is what separates this year's NCS team from last year's team.

So with all that said, who do I think wins this game?  UC.  After reading the last 20 pages I gather that this year's UC team is really good and is pretty comparable to the '09 team.  If that is the case then UC will win this game. 

I said this after the first NCS/JB game and still think the same way after the second one...NCS isn't as physical as they need to be to win this game (i.e. a semi-final team).  I can just see UC getting penetration and stopping the NCS run game.  If NCS is left to pass the ball, they can pass it but their pass blocking isn't the greatest.  They'd have to rely on a lot of QB scrambles and in the end I don't think that would be enough.  As far as the UC veer goes, NCS has the players to get some stops but will they execute well...for the entire game?

My prediction: 28-21 UC

Well Sir you are wrong. I'm an NCS fan all the way. I'm the 800 lb. guerrilla just sitting back and watching.

Here's some game footage from Friday. Apologize in advance for the poor quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MjN_KbzgX8

Wasn't even talking about you...

Edit...I went back to see what you were talking about...I meant that for bigdan....I see where you thought it was meant for you....

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard