Semi-Final UNION CITY VS. NCS

JDOGG80

The Veer can be stopped, the Defense can be  coached on how to stop it .  Dont let last year scare you, there was no general method to stop what huntington did.  No one had seen that since the twenties.  I still dont know what you call their version, but it was ingenious.

True, but can NCS teach these high school players how to do it in a week? It's hard as heck to simulate with a team that doesn't run it. NCS may win this game but they have it to do yet. And whichever team wins, if South Pitt is waiting that is sure a tall order to fill. They are a whole new ball game within themselves!!!!

If we can withstand a few quarters of the veer, I'm just wondering if we can't build up an insurmountable lead by the time it starts wearing on us. If we get the same turnovers/field position that Humboldt got, we would definitely have some points on the board. Especially if presented those opportunities early in the game. Those 4th downs where Humboldt went for it and failed would be 3 points for us. Just trying to think this through.

I was thinking kind of the same thing. Stopping the veer will be tough, that's true. I don't think we will look as confused by it as we did at Huntington and can play with more confidence. Maybe get a few key stops will be enough because they are going to have trouble stopping our offense as well.

I was thinking kind of the same thing. Stopping the veer will be tough, that's true. I don't think we will look as confused by it as we did at Huntington and can play with more confidence. Maybe get a few key stops will be enough because they are going to have trouble stopping our offense as well.

The one thing that I see here is that with Huntingdon basically the challenge was stopping Warbritton. With UC you have to worry about 3-4 different options coming at you. It takes good athletes to run it well and after the UC loss to my McKenzie Rebels, the UC guys have come together and stepped up their offense. Their defense has also found itself. They are for real and NCS will not be overpowering to them to face. UC is also a very well coached team. This should be an awesome game to watch.

To UC fans, where will this be broadcast on radio that we can get here in our end of the state???

Edited by duckman38201

Does NCS like to run or pass more?

We throw somewhere around 7-10 passes a game.  Just enough to keep the defense honest but also use it as a quick strike scoring option.  We have 20 TDs through the air - 41 on the ground.  We have scored on 5 INTs (17 total INTs) and numerous punt and kickoff returns (thought I could find an exact number, but I can't).  We have been very opportunistic with our scoring. 

We throw somewhere around 7-10 passes a game.  Just enough to keep the defense honest but also use it as a quick strike scoring option.  We have 20 TDs through the air - 41 on the ground.  We have scored on 5 INTs (17 total INTs) and numerous punt and kickoff returns (thought I could find an exact number, but I can't).  We have been very opportunistic with our scoring.

Not sure about the UC special team play but the offenses sound roughly the same % wise.

Not sure about the UC special team play but the offenses sound roughly the same % wise.

I goofed on one of those numbers.  The passes per game are more like 12-13.  I was looking at completions.  There were 3 games where we threw 17, 17, and 16 times.  10, 10, 11 completions in those three games.  Our passing attack is definitely not just for looks - it's effective.

Edited by NCSdad1962

I goofed on one of those numbers.  The passes per game are more like 12-13.  I was looking at completions.  There were 3 games where we threw 17, 17, and 16 times.  10, 10, 11 completions in those three games.  Our passing attack is definitely not just for looks - it's effective.

I have a feeling that you (and everyone else there) will be holding your breath for a long while Friday night. This could be two tight ones in a row for UC. Hope ya'll have a safe and injury free game and safe travel to and from the game.

Bring it back west UC!!!

For those of you who watched the Peabody game I would like to hear what you think. I told you earlier that our offense is not flashy. I believe it has been called boring. That's the way we like it. Time consuming drives that chew up the clock. Over and over again. Then suddenly someone is streaking down the sidelines. This offense is good for 10-4 yard plays or 1-40 yard play. It's very frustrating. I can't explain it any better than thevway the video shows.

Weather was the same here around practice time. Could not have been too much fun to be out in that.

Not sure what kind of practice facilities NC has but the weather conditions will play a role on

how prepared both teams will get this week in practice. Looks good for friday night but right

now its Cold, ice, and very wet here in UC. Proud uncle of a couple of players on UC team.

For those of you who watched the Peabody game I would like to hear what you think. I told you earlier that our offense is not flashy. I believe it has been called boring. That's the way we like it. Time consuming drives that chew up the clock. Over and over again. Then suddenly someone is streaking down the sidelines. This offense is good for 10-4 yard plays or 1-40 yard play. It's very frustrating. I can't explain it any better than thevway the video shows.

I didn't watch all of it...parts of the 1st and 3rd quarter.  If I'm UC, I'd like my chances.  NCS will have some success but I still think in the end UC takes this one.