"Humboldt Vikings", how will they respond this year after winning state?

87vikingalumni

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigster, you going to Humboldt/LC gameTuesday?[/quot

Kudos to all the posters on this thread. Very classy and respectful of the players and coaches. I've never seen anything like the Football thread especially Trousdale County football fans. Glad to see you guys staying objective as well as humble. No doubt 14A is toughest district in the state. I just hope TCA and Middleton can compete and I mean that in a serious way. Mitchell really concerns me a lot and of course BTW will always be a threat. Look forward to seeing the Gold brought back to West Tenn again.

Bigster, you going to Humboldt/LC gameTuesday?[/quot

Kudos to all the posters on this thread. Very classy and respectful of the players and coaches. I've never seen anything like the Football thread especially Trousdale County football fans. Glad to see you guys staying objective as well as humble. No doubt 14A is toughest district in the state. I just hope TCA and Middleton can compete and I mean that in a serious way. Mitchell really concerns me a lot and of course BTW will always be a threat. Look forward to seeing the Gold brought back to West Tenn again.

I hate losing to Humboldt and Union City but at the same time know these teams are always in the hunt to make it to state.I remember several years ago Lake Co beat Humboldt 2 or 3 times and Humboldt went to the tournament with Union city. .The year Union City won the state and won the championship.Lake Co should have beaten them all three times.Two of the games Lake Co had leads with seconds or a minute left.One of them Lake co had a 2 point lead with 7 seconds left and watched M.J. Brown take the ball out of bounds and came in and got the ball and shot a 3 pointer at the buzzer that went in.Next game Lake Co had a 4 point lead but had a turnover with less than a minute left and then missed free throws.Lake Co had a loaded team with Brandon Springer,Russel avery,Channin Geanes and Sep Valentine and was at home.Watched Union city play a Moore Co team that wouldnt have finished 4th in our district.Had a chance one time to put Union City and Humboldt in the same bracket when all 3 teams were loaded but Coach Whitby wanted to play his way in.Won a game and then played Union City and believe lost by 3 points and stayed home.Always great games usually between Humboldt,Union city and Lake co.A hard fought ,tense but respectful rivaly.Lake co has been to the past 3 State tournaments and very easily could have beat Humboldt in the final last year if flowers had come up with that loose ball.Then Turner came and made a crucial 3 pointer I believe.Was glad Coach Boykin finally got thatstate championship.Gonna be tough to beat them Tues night.Just think we]re too young at this time.Hoping after Christmas,Lake co gets twp players back and make a difference.Coach B liked playing man to man when she was there.So far,this coach does also.Does he ever play a zone?May be a good time to try.if Lake Co comes out in a man and Humboldt goes on a tear.I think the key to humboldt is to slow down Turner and Bradford,a tough chore and make the others shoot.Looking for Lake co to play hard

Edited by mrbigster

Let me know if the humboldt-Lake Co game will be played tonight.Lake Co doesnt have school today and a lot of schools have a policy that if no school,not play sports.I think Lake co has strayed from that rule a couple times as the roads really cleared during the day.May be better for Lake co to re schdule till after Christmas..lol