"Humboldt Vikings", how will they respond this year after winning state?

87vikingalumni

Really fun game to watch! LC is the smallest HS team I have ever seen BUT they get after it! I love the freshman #12. Humboldt just had too much size and firepower. TCA has their work cut out on Monday night. Humboldt is very strong on the boards and of course Bradford is almost unstoppable. Humboldt is going to be tough to beat once tournament time rolls around. Bigster, really nice to meet you. LC has a great future with all of those young players. I hope Zay plays college somewhere. He is an amazing player to be 5'7"!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really fun game to watch! LC is the smallest HS team I have ever seen BUT they get after it! I love the freshman #12. Humboldt just had too much size and firepower. TCA has their work cut out on Monday night. Humboldt is very strong on the boards and of course Bradford is almost unstoppable. Humboldt is going to be tough to beat once tournament time rolls around. Bigster, really nice to meet you. LC has a great future with all of those young players. I hope Zay plays college somewhere. He is an amazing player to be 5'7"!

How many did Bradford finish with since he had 21 at Half? Also, were there any dunks?

Con,i havent seen Mitchell play this year.I watched Mitchell the last 2 years at the State Tournament.They are now 1A and with the regionals being played at Mitchell,I see no one beating them there,so they will host Substate and I dont think UC,South Fulton or Humboldt will go in there and win.If Mitchell loses in the regional championship,they maybe in trouble going to UC,SF,or Humboldt.I name those 3 teams because I think 2 of those 3 will be playing in the substate.Humboldt will have 3 guys,Turner, Bradford,who I think is the best player in Single A,and Brown that scores double figures.Brown gets all his points on stickbacks,so you better put a body on him and the other 2 starters becauae they go get offensive rebounds.They play 2 off the bench,so no bench depth.Key to beating Humboldt is to keep them off the glass,make Turner a driver,stand in there and take a charge on Bradford because he going to the rack,and make the other players shoot the ball 10 feet and out.I say that because Brown,MClilly,Montague,and number 31 scores only on layups from stickbacks, or passes from teammates. Humboldt is a solid team but they will go through lapses in the game were they will start playing crazy and getting away from what they did to get a big lead.UC will play them January 3.I am going to try and catch Mitchell because my brother lives in Memphis and I probably know a couple people you may know.

Con,i havent seen Mitchell play this year.I watched Mitchell the last 2 years at the State Tournament.They are now 1A and with the regionals being played at Mitchell,I see no one beating them there,so they will host Substate and I dont think UC,South Fulton or Humboldt will go in there and win.If Mitchell loses in the regional championship,they maybe in trouble going to UC,SF,or Humboldt.I name those 3 teams because I think 2 of those 3 will be playing in the substate.Humboldt will have 3 guys,Turner, Bradford,who I think is the best player in Single A,and Brown that scores double figures.Brown gets all his points on stickbacks,so you better put a body on him and the other 2 starters becauae they go get offensive rebounds.They play 2 off the bench,so no bench depth.Key to beating Humboldt is to keep them off the glass,make Turner a driver,stand in there and take a charge on Bradford because he going to the rack,and make the other players shoot the ball 10 feet and out.I say that because Brown,MClilly,Montague,and number 31 scores only on layups from stickbacks, or passes from teammates. Humboldt is a solid team but they will go through lapses in the game were they will start playing crazy and getting away from what they did to get a big lead.UC will play them January 3.I am going to try and catch Mitchell because my brother lives in Memphis and I probably know a couple people you may know.

Keep on leaving Lake co out of the mix.Lake co played very well in spurts last night and missed about 15 free throws,had a tech called on them for a hard foul and should have had two more points on a Bradford goal tend.Like TCA.said.Lake Co is just too small right now.And young.Think the caoch did about everything he could do.by playing a zone.Bradford just drove on the smaller players and Brown killed Lake co on the boards and stick backs.I really believe after Christmas,will be a great matchup..I look for Taylor, ,Zay Coleman  to be two of the starters for sure and a third starter to come from a trio of sophomores in  Darius Johnson, Estes the white guy at center,or sophomore Stephonski wilkes to All 3 of these players started last night and did a good job but are just sophomores and not at the level of Humboldt seniors just yet..I look for Blevins and Strayhorn to fill the other two spots.Will be taller then,more athletic and Humboldt wont be able to push Strayhorn around..Dont think they will own the boards with Blevins and Strayhorn in the lineup/Coach may put Estes,Blevins and Strayhorn in the back on defense and Taylor and  Zay out front.Either way,all these guys will play as will the freshman,number 12 TCA is talking about as well as his his brother number 1 who has been starting every game.We'll see after Christmas if Lake co isnt in the mix.I believe they will beat Union city with those players in the lineup.You heard it here first...Lake Co could start 4 sophomores and a freshman now and not be that bad of a team.And a loaded middle school team that is undefeated as is Union City I believe.But they do have 3 guys that are 8th graders that are very athletic that will be up here with the young guys now and also the middle school starts two seventh graders who are very good.So,next 5 years Lake Co will be one of the premeir teams.I can see this group along with Union City making a push for the Gold ball in years to come.

Edited by mrbigster

I dont think its happening this year Bigster.But back to my other post,i said Himboldt plays crazy sometimes when they get a lead,a better term of words are they lose focus.Humboldt is a very good team.Im looking forward to the 3rd.Bigster,LC played good in spurts,but playing against the top 3,they have to put 4 good quarters together.

I dont think its happening this year Bigster.But back to my other post,i said Himboldt plays crazy sometimes when they get a lead,a better term of words are they lose focus.Humboldt is a very good team.Im looking forward to the 3rd.Bigster,LC played good in spurts,but playing against the top 3,they have to put 4 good quarters together.

Who do yall play the 3rd.Lake co plays Bradford tonight and wont play again until Jan 3 against Halls.Hope they spend most of thos two weeks or as much as they can around the holidays having Blevins and Strayhorn practicing hard.Play Union city the 10th and Humboldt and south Fulton back to back around the 20th.Lake co will be rady by then.I think Lake co comes to Union city and beats Union city on their home floor on the 10th.write it down

Gonna be interesting how you talking about Union City,Humboldt and South fulton but after the 10th,you're going to have to put Lake co in your posts.Dont think Union City is going to want to play Lake co in the region.If they do,Union city wont go dancing.just like last year...lol

Edited by mrbigster

maybe we can hook up at the game than I've seen Mitchell but have not seen Humboldt yet but I want to see them Bradford kid play Mitchell kills their self most nights with turnovers and like someone said in another topic their best players don't always show up khalil gone get his every night but the other guys gone have to help out Edited by con901

Bigster u may very well be right..Buttt ..I gotta disagree with you big time..When Uc gets back ftom the Popular Bluff xmas tourny I think they will be hitting their stride and I don't think yalls coach can get it done at UC..The region tourny will be a diffrent story..Ill take LC their until Sisco shows me otherwise.