CoachT Division II-AA All-State Team

WesVLT

Many of us have seen the majority of DII-AA teams in action this year. Since the official teams aren't out yet, I thought it would be fun to post and debate our own CoachT All-State team.

I'm not out to slight anybody. If you see a player left off, tell us who and why. As always, the opinions expressed are my own and not representative of Brentwood Academy.

Offense

QB - Tyler Swafford, Brentwood Academy

RB - D'Andre Ferby, Ensworth

RB - Colton Neel, MUS

RB - George Porter, Baylor

WR - C.J. Sanders, Brentwood Academy

WR - Kiambu Fentress, Ensworth

WR - Devin Perry, MUS

OL - Michael Sawyers, Ensworth

OL - Jackson Pittman, Brentwood Academy

OL - Alex Bars, MBA

OL - Drew Richmond, MUS

OL - Parker Wade, Ensworth

TE - Chandler Gouger, Baylor

Defense

DL - Derek Barnett, Brentwood Academy

DL - Xavier Forrest, Ensworth

DL - Jahmel Perry, Christian Brothers

DL - Jashon Robertson, MBA

LB - James Prather, MUS

LB - Andrew Busby, McCallie

LB - Max Stoffer, Father Ryan

LB - Joey Magnifico, St. Benedict

DB - Rico McGraw, Ensworth

DB - Hunter Hill, Briarcrest

DB - Andrew Rector, Father Ryan

DB - Donovan Sheffield, Ensworth

Special Teams

K - Rafael Gaglianone, Baylor

P - Gary Wunderlich, MUS

Returner - Jeffrey Coleman, McCallie

Returner - CJ Sanders, Brentwood Academy

Who did I leave off? Which players would you like to see on the list? 

Edited by WesVLT

I think you are spot on Wes, what a great list of players. Busby from McCallie is a great player ....I think his height keeps him from being heavily recruited. McCallie had 3 other seniors who I think had good years....but probably not good enough to be considered  1st team all-state.

Cam Walker- Two way tackle who will probably sign with a d1 school.

CJ Fritz- wr/db will probably sign a d1 track scholarship

Spencer Morgan- wr who had a number of catches until he hurt his knee in i think was the 9th game of the season and did not return for the rest of the season. Morgan from what i am told will have some d1 baseball offers if he can come back from off season shoulder surgery.

Wes if you have time what is your evaluation of these players? If you don't know these players and don't feel comfortable commenting i understand.You always provide great information regarding d2 football.

I think you are spot on Wes, what a great list of players. Busby from McCallie is a great player ....I think his height keeps him from being heavily recruited. McCallie had 3 other seniors who I think had good years....but probably not good enough to be considered  1st team all-state.

Cam Walker- Two way tackle who will probably sign with a d1 school.

CJ Fritz- wr/db will probably sign a d1 track scholarship

Spencer Morgan- wr who had a number of catches until he hurt his knee in i think was the 9th game of the season and did not return for the rest of the season. Morgan from what i am told will have some d1 baseball offers if he can come back from off season shoulder surgery.

Wes if you have time what is your evaluation of these players? If you don't know these players and don't feel comfortable commenting i understand.You always provide great information regarding d2 football.

Fritz is lightning-fast. I called the state track championship last year and was blown away by his speed. As far as evaluating those players, you would know more about them than I. I saw McCallie play once in person and watched some film of their other games, but I'm hardly an expert on the Tornado. I do think Coach Potter is building that program back to what it used to be, and I'm excited to watch the progression.

Wes...Great list ......You need to look at the MUS player MLB Michael Fitzsimmons. He started as a sophmore and did not play last year to focus on baseball and is an Ole Miss baseball commit. He came back his Senior year and in only 8 games starting he has turned in a 17 tackle performance vs South Panola and a 19 tackle game vs Lafeyette HS and according to my sources either leads MUS in tackles or is near the top with over 100. I saw MUS play vs MBA and South Panola and they are much better than people think on defense. He did not start the year due to injury so you may have not seen him vs BA. I go off of what I have seen and a few other coaches and officials that I speak with. I am certain your list is spot on and all of these young men are worthy choices. I have seen Ensworth on television this year and I know they will be a provibitive favorite vs MUS(or anyone) in the championship game and that is with thier head coach or not. But like they say..."You still have to play the game".

• Upvote 1

Wes...Great list ......You need to look at the MUS player MLB Michael Fitzsimmons. He started as a sophmore and did not play last year to focus on baseball and is an Ole Miss baseball commit. He came back his Senior year and in only 8 games starting he has turned in a 17 tackle performance vs South Panola and a 19 tackle game vs Lafeyette HS and according to my sources either leads MUS in tackles or is near the top with over 100. I saw MUS play vs MBA and South Panola and they are much better than people think on defense. He did not start the year due to injury so you may have not seen him vs BA. I go off of what I have seen and a few other coaches and officials that I speak with. I am certain your list is spot on and all of these young men are worthy choices. I have seen Ensworth on television this year and I know they will be a provibitive favorite vs MUS(or anyone) in the championship game and that is with thier head coach or not. But like they say..."You still have to play the game".

Great info on Fitzsimmons. I've always envied those natural athletes who specialize in another sport, can take a year off and come back with ease. Best of luck to him during baseball season. Hotty Toddy!