• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
IBEXinc

Division I State Contest

If I remember correctly Finals results looked like this:

1) Adamsville

2) Forrest

3tie) Huntingdon

3tie) Peabody

5) McKenzieHalls

6) McKenzie

7) Fayette Academy

8) Humboldt

9) East Robertson

10) Oliver Springs

Adamsville won every caption I believe.

Scores were lower than normal this year, which was very interesting.

Gibson County is going to D1 state this year. They finished 6th at D2 last year and won it in 2011. They have a band of 100+. Beat Adamsville in other contests. Probably going to win it. They're really good. 

What's the word on who's going to Div. I this year?  Based on recent TSSAA numbers it looks like Forrest and Adamsville may have to go to Div. II this year.  Sny truth to that?  2 finals spots would open up if this happens.

What's the word on who's going to Div. I this year? Based on recent TSSAA numbers it looks like Forrest and Adamsville may have to go to Div. II this year. Sny truth to that? 2 finals spots would open up if this happens.

TSSAA numbers have no bearing on band Div 1 or Div 2.

TSSAA numbers have no bearing on band Div 1 or Div 2.

Then how do they determine the 500 mark for student population?  Seems like Forrest and Adamsville are stilling coming based on the draw?

Then how do they determine the 500 mark for student population? Seems like Forrest and Adamsville are stilling coming based on the draw?

Band directors provide enrollment numbers from the school. TSSAA is not involved in any way.