Division II Championships

sandlot5

The Division II championship winner should be declared conference champions, not state champions. A state championship consists of competition over the entire state that generally consists of more than 80 teams. 11 teams doesn't constitute a state championship. Winning 2 playoff games is like winning a conference championship.

The Division II championship winner should be declared conference champions, not state champions. A state championship consists of competition over the entire state that generally consists of more than 80 teams. 11 teams doesn't constitute a state championship. Winning 2 playoff games is like winning a conference championship.

If I may, let me point out that DII schools didn't elect to be banished to their own classification. The public schools voted to put them there.
  • Upvote 1

The Division II championship winner should be declared conference champions, not state champions. A state championship consists of competition over the entire state that generally consists of more than 80 teams. 11 teams doesn't constitute a state championship. Winning 2 playoff games is like winning a conference championship.

Sandlot, In your world Tennessee does not award a state champion as only 2 (5A and 6A) have over 55 members. Georgia, a pretty good high school football state,does not have a state champion as their largest classification is 70.

Regardless if it 50, 60, or 80 teams.....you have to win 5 playoff games to win a state championship. In the bogus Division 2 setup, win 2 games and you are a state champ? I mean conference champ. Certainly not pure high school football where you have players coming from all over Nashville and other cities. High school football is about my neighborhood vs your neighborhood. Who cares if you can recruit kids from Hendersonville, Smyrna, Murfreesboro, Franklin, etc. to have the best team. Learn how to play the cards that are dealt to you or go coach college football.

Regardless if it 50, 60, or 80 teams.....you have to win 5 playoff games to win a state championship. In the bogus Division 2 setup, win 2 games and you are a state champ? I mean conference champ. Certainly not pure high school football where you have players coming from all over Nashville and other cities. High school football is about my neighborhood vs your neighborhood. Who cares if you can recruit kids from Hendersonville, Smyrna, Murfreesboro, Franklin, etc. to have the best team. Learn how to play the cards that are dealt to you or go coach college football.

Again, DII schools did not choose their present predicament. Please find a different tree up which to bark.

Sandlot,

Please contact your local Board of Control representative and encourage him to put us into the classification, district, region of their choosing and we will be more than happy to participate and am confident that 10 of the 11 of us will be in the field of 32 playoffs which apparently qualify as a true playoff format especially those riveting first round playoff games for most classifications

• Upvote 1

Of course you would be in the playoffs, these schools play travel football, very similar to travel baseball, get the best players they can get in a 40 mile radius. Its a garbage league.

Then don't bother showing up in that league's message board. Edited by WesVLT

Of course you would be in the playoffs, these schools play travel football, very similar to travel baseball, get the best players they can get in a 40 mile radius. Its a garbage league.

At least we are all playing by the same rules, unlike D1 which is dominated by the "open-zoned" schools (Maryville, Alcoa, Greeneville, Beech, etc., etc., etc.) If you want to whine about a 40-mile radius, why don't you go whine at them?

Wow, I thought we were finally going to have an actual discussion about the DII AA championship game instead of endless talk about Ricky bowers and instead I get to read this ridiculous nonsense by a sore loser who's mad because his team isn't playing anymore. Sandlot, you can play travel ball too if you want to write the check. Otherwise go back to the DI boards and whine about how the DII schools took your best player....

Sanlot, here's a better idea than posting on here:

go to the 3A board, and find an Alcoa thread…tell them there that you think Gary Rankin and his buddies created a bad division when they rallied the votes to railroad the financial-aid private schools into D2 in 1996.  No school represented here wanted D2, and fought (all the way to the supreme court) against it.

• Upvote 1