Early predictions for 8-AA 2014

19-13 York won, Its like our run defense doesn't exist anymore. I've held my tongue all year being a players father, but i finally have to say that last year we were a team with 2 players holding it all together. Words can't describe how much our team has been hurt without Milan and Gill. Milan was our fireworks and always that threat of making that huge play to completely turn the tide in a game. Gill was the leader of the Defense and it was just a given no one was going to run in-between the tackles as long as he was out there. My son continues to tell me how majority of the team says we sure do miss him in the middle and that the team has no leadership without him. How are we expected to be a good football team in the present if the team is thinking in the past. This is where coaching comes in. After seeing the our defense go from last year to this year we can all understand how good of a player he was and our coaching won't compensate for it. I'm just saying what I hear all the other parents say. I hate to see our team like this. (Also, don't take this as me saying our coaches are horrible because we all know DeKalb wouldn't be where it is now without coach Trapp and company, and I know i couldn't do any better.) I'd like to hear what other tiger fans have to say about all this, after all we did just loose to York after lord knows how many turnovers.

Couple things I see is defensively just not very good tackling team. I believe the offense we are running is dependent on fast athletic receivers that can catch short pass and make you miss or double moves and get deep and we just don't have those type players and they are not coming up either. Change in offense could help defense stay off field some too.

Thought looked good early with two backs in then never came back to it

Couple things I see is defensively just not very good tackling team. I believe the offense we are running is dependent on fast athletic receivers that can catch short pass and make you miss or double moves and get deep and we just don't have those type players and they are not coming up either. Change in offense could help defense stay off field some too.

Thought looked good early with two backs in then never came back to it

We will see how Coach Trapp adapts after this season. I can understand not wanting to change an entire offense during the season, but the off season is another story. I don't see us having the playmakers at WR next season either to be able to run this offense successfully.

We gashed you up the middle first 3 or 4 series and if we don't turn it over and a bogus in eligible receiver down field call we probably score twice early. But York adjusted well and just outplayed us

You all did gash us on your first series, but our coaches made some good adjustments. And I'm sure if I was a fan from DC I'd say it was bogus as well. Except for the right tackle being 3 yards down field.