PC vs Clarkrange

CASC95

Clarkrange beats Pickett Co 54 - 49

CR really put it to PC tonight. PC has a real hard time against any zone defense (which is kinda ironic, because they are suppose to be a good 3pt shooting team).

I watched the game and am not sure why PC was attacking CR's zone defense the way they were. Setting screens verses a zone? To play against a zone you need to find the gaps and use the short corner, draw those forwards out dish to the cutting man. Penetrate and kick the ball out. How about skip seal? I just don't see the plays that were once used successfully in the past with this current team.

CR played a good game to win. PC had trouble all night against CR's bigs on offense. Also, number 30's last 3 pointer was a nice confident shot. Good little player there.

Until this PC team (coach) makes the necessary adjustments on offense (and defense to a point, especially on the backside under the rim), this team will experience a roller coaster season. When they are hitting shots (3 pointers), all may appear well. But that will be deceiving when a team knows how to defend them, it will go back to the half court sets that this team (coach) doesn't adjust well to.

Edited by CASC95

You are 100% right...THIRD straight season that Bobcats are underachieving with LOADS of talent. He actually managed to have a losing record last year with tremendous talent. He substitutes endlessly without any rhyme or reason, plays his shortest players against taller teams, never has a plan, never adjusts defense and lets teams score over and over and over on the same plays, He benches Kyle Hughes, the top scorer in the district last year and has just about ruined him as a player and boasts about thias team going to the state! With him coaching, they will be lucky not to come in LAST in the district. Pickett Co. has always had GREAT coaches, but this guy is a bad joke.

FIRE MOONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have seen several games with this group of boys and to go as far as saying the "short" line up I completely disagree. The so called "short" boys everyone is talking about I would probably consider the strongest boys on the team. Opinion that is... And as far as the Hughes boy yes I agree great ball player but as far as going to say leading district scorer last year he may have been but this is a new year last time I checked and if I was guessing moons has a reason as to why his starting lineup changed... Oh and before we say let's get rid of moons let's get all these parents and fans under control

I am assuming all of you have witnessed every practice? Coaches Coach/ fans cheer. You are too great of a BBALL community to rip your Head Coach by way of this outlet. Disagree with the Coach, no problem here. But rip him on these boards is not the way to go. I have seen this all too many times via our football program over the years and it makes your community look for lack I a better term dumb.

If Bibb had the talent that was on this team they would be undefeated.

Ha...I've seen many of your post on coacht, not sure if you said that to flame this thread. My intent on starting this thread was to point out some of PC's struggles. In any event, you seem like someone with a good deal of sports knowledge (your boys were great players, I know that ;) ).

----

now to reply to the others in the thread...

I started this thread, it wasn't meant to be replace the coach thread. It was a breakdown on how PC is struggling as a team what they need to do to adjust. I spend $15 dollars a game minimum (travel to and from game and ticket price), so I can comment on what I am seeing.

@wbryguy, that was a bit of a back-handed compliment about PC fans (great BBall community and makes your community look dumb). That wasn't too nice, now was it?

What this PC team needs is confidence instilled in them.

Edited by CASC95

Fire Moons and replace him with who exactly?

someone who has experience might be a start. they have always had great coaches until now. These seniors deserve better than another underachieving season. These seniors will never have another chance to go to the state and it is unfair to them. The "short" line up is a group of very talented boys but they do not get rebounds. Start them but not against the tallest teams in the district. keep at least one tall player in. Why is such a fast team walkiing the ball up half the time? Why doesn't Moons press more? When they do they cause havoc. The team never gets into a flow because he subs every minute. There is so much talent why not have 2 lines that get used to playing together? Then sub them. The subbing right now causes constant disruptions. Pickett has always been a fast pace team but not the last few years. When the boys get into high gear they are great.

As for this being another year for Kyle, you can't score when you hardly play.

Edited by bluedog125

Ha...I've seen many of your post on coacht, not sure if you said that to flame this thread. My intent on starting this thread was to point out some of PC's struggles. In any event, you seem like someone with a good deal of sports knowledge (your boys were great players, I know that ;) ).

----

now to reply to the others in the thread...

I started this thread, it wasn't meant to be replace the coach thread. It was a breakdown on how PC is struggling as a team what they need to do to adjust. I spend $15 dollars a game minimum (travel to and from game and ticket price), so I can comment on what I am seeing.

@wbryguy, that was a bit of a back-handed compliment about PC fans (great BBall community and makes your community look dumb). That wasn't too nice, now was it?

What this PC team needs is confidence instilled in them.

Well thank you for the compliment about my boys i love them dearly and was very blessed to have two wonderful son's like i do. Actually i wasn't trying to start anything i was merely making an observation and giving my opinion. Gregg Bibb was a good coach and seemed to get the most out of his players abilities, but Zija took him away from the working world lol. PC has a very good bunch of players but they haven't been able to jell as of yet. So far Moons has not been able to get this team over the hump and i'm not so sure adding another player from outside of the program has been an asset. Only time will tell but you can't replace this coach mid season like some people are saying. Give the guy some time to develop his program and then decide on whether or not he is a good coach. PC is a great basketball community and you have some of the most passionate fans in the state but to get on a public forum and bash your coach while hiding behind a fictitious name is not the way to go about instilling community pride and confidence in these young men. Thats my two cents for what thats worth....