CPA beats JPII by 50?

BigENS

I wondered when you fools would show up. We have missed the "court jesters".

Better to be thought a fool than to opens one mouth and remove all doubt....Both teams actively recruit but only one is allowed to by T$$AA rules. JP has a good program and they will eventually overcome CPA once Drew and his scouts leave CPA.

Edited by devilfanatic

I don't post much on the basketball boards..... but just had to put my two cents in as this topic is very interesting.  Devil.... I have read a lot of your posts and agree with some and disagree with others. 

I agree that it is completely classless for schools to run up the score on other teams.  What you were saying about Goodpasture and Gordonsville, I totally agree with.  You mentioned the fact that they are teenagers and that they should not be treated in this manner.  Ain't nothing classy about throwing a beatdown on some kids.  The coach should have known better.   

However, I disagree with what you are saying about CPA and JPII.  The fact that both supposedly recruit does not make this situation any better.  The players for JPII are kids as well and at the end of the day, they experienced the same thing that the kids at Gordonsville experienced.  Their morale was crushed.  The fact that they are in D2 and can recruit, does not change the fact that what happened was classless.  When, and if, and team runs the score up..... it is classless no matter who ya are or what division ya play in. 

I don't post much on the basketball boards..... but just had to put my two cents in as this topic is very interesting. Devil.... I have read a lot of your posts and agree with some and disagree with others.

I agree that it is completely classless for schools to run up the score on other teams. What you were saying about Goodpasture and Gordonsville, I totally agree with. You mentioned the fact that they are teenagers and that they should not be treated in this manner. Ain't nothing classy about throwing a beatdown on some kids. The coach should have known better.

However, I disagree with what you are saying about CPA and JPII. The fact that both supposedly recruit does not make this situation any better. The players for JPII are kids as well and at the end of the day, they experienced the same thing that the kids at Gordonsville experienced. Their morale was crushed. The fact that they are in D2 and can recruit, does not change the fact that what happened was classless. When, and if, and team runs the score up..... it is classless no matter who ya are or what division ya play in.

You are totally correct sir and please accept my apologies. It is classless and this kind of thing is a disgrace to all the adults involved. Those at Christ Presbyterian Academy should be ashamed but somehow i don't think they will be. Like i said on the other thread, its all about winning at all cost without regard to anything else. Edited by devilfanatic

Whatever happened to it being the responsibility of the other team to play defense and do their part to avoid a spanking?  If I'm coaching a team (and I've coached many basketball games) and I'm out-manned, there are several things you can do.  For example, since there's no shot clock in HS basketball, hold the ball.  Don't shoot unless it's a layup.  You can also foul the ball every time it comes into the lane.  Make them shoot free throws all night.  You may not win still, but the scoreboard won't overheat.

Also, I wouldn't get overly concerned about 16-18 year old's self esteems from getting beat bad in a basketball game.  Real life is much, much worse.

Whatever happened to it being the responsibility of the other team to play defense and do their part to avoid a spanking?  If I'm coaching a team (and I've coached many basketball games) and I'm out-manned, there are several things you can do.  For example, since there's no shot clock in HS basketball, hold the ball.  Don't shoot unless it's a layup.  You can also foul the ball every time it comes into the lane.  Make them shoot free throws all night.  You may not win still, but the scoreboard won't overheat.

Also, I wouldn't get overly concerned about 16-18 year old's self esteems from getting beat bad in a basketball game.  Real life is much, much worse.

I guess good sportsmanship is just a thing of the past :popcorneater: