CPA beats JPII by 50?

BigENS

I guess good sportsmanship is just a thing of the past :popcorneater:

Lopsided scores do not automatically indicate poor sportsmanship. Have you seen CPA's other scores this year? The Lions are a juggernaut.

Many TSSAA schools and their fans have come to perceive large talent gaps and lopsided scores as signs of wrongdoing by the superior party. Unfortunately for the teams on the losing end, sports are rooted in the very idea of inequality. No league can completely level the playing field and no coach should be asked to keep a game within 25 points.

Sometimes, the other team is just way better. It doesn't mean someone acted in a classless manner, and it doesn't signal the need for more classifications -- a lesson the TSSAA should have learned before expanding to eight football divisions.

Edited by WesVLT

Lopsided scores do not automatically indicate poor sportsmanship. 

That's why it's important to see a game before judging the outcome.  If a team is ahead by 30 and they're still full-court pressing, fast breaking, playing their starters or playing zone, then there's room to question.  But to make blanket statements on every game based on the score alone is misguided.

• Upvote 1

That's why it's important to see a game before judging the outcome.  If a team is ahead by 30 and they're still full-court pressing, fast breaking, playing their starters or playing zone, then there's room to question.  But to make blanket statements on every game based on the score alone is misguided.

Preach! It's much easier for many on this board to dwell in the land of comfortable preconceived notions instead of challenging their own perceptions. 

You talk like JPII is a patsy that CPA took advantage of. JPII is a very good team that will make noise all year and in the tournaments. They have 2 wins this year with over 30 point margins. CPA only led them by 14 at half earlier in the year at home. I promise you they wanted CPA's best regardless of the outcome because they are competitors. CPA got slammed on these boards in the FB playoffs for taking a knee 4 straight downs leading with 3 minutes to go, so I guess there is no pleasing some people.

The JPII tourney was the first weekend where the whole team was together after football and they needed to play their game to get ready for the Arby's and the rest of the season. They are 9-10 deep with players who would start for most teams. It is hard to ask players who are only playing their 3rd or 4th game of the year to not play as hard as possible with the 2nd half run and a tough Arby's tourney coming up. 

Edited by sportsnerd
  • Upvote 1

You talk like JPII is a patsy that CPA took advantage of. JPII is a very good team that will make noise all year and in the tournaments. They have 2 wins this year with over 30 point margins. CPA only led them by 14 at half earlier in the year at home. I promise you they wanted CPA's best regardless of the outcome because they are competitors. CPA got slammed on these boards in the FB playoffs for taking a knee 4 straight downs leading with 3 minutes to go, so I guess there is no pleasing some people.

The JPII tourney was the first weekend where the whole team was together after football and they needed to play their game to get ready for the Arby's and the rest of the season. They are 9-10 deep with players who would start for most teams. It is hard to ask players who are only playing their 3rd or 4th game of the year to not play as hard as possible with the 2nd half run and a tough Arby's tourney coming up.

You must not have been able to understand english. I said JP is just getting out recruited right now, that they will bounce back. JP does it legally, CPA on the other hand.....

You must not have been able to understand english. I said JP is just getting out recruited right now, that they will bounce back. JP does it legally, CPA on the other hand.....

if you have proof of recruiting, kindly turn it in to the TSSAA. As nobody has done so, we can only surmise that there is not sufficient evidence to prove illegal activity. Since there is no proof, you would be better off sticking to facts instead of spouting baseless accusations that make you look like a libelous complainer.

Edited by WesVLT

Right.  Take a knee, get spit on.  Keep playing , get spit on.  No such thing as good sportsmanship to some people.

He uses the "lack of sportsmanship" argument to hide behind his hatred of privates. I can't wait til privates all head to DII. What excuse do you think he'll use then?

I have been around the program for 4 years and know the kids' history. If you have proof of recruiting bring it out or shut the heck up. The starters played less Saturday night than any other game this year.  There was a running clock in the fourth quarter. Go back to peewee ball and enjoy your life.

• Upvote 1

if you have proof of recruiting, kindly turn it in to the TSSAA. As nobody has done so, we can only surmise that there is not sufficient evidence to prove illegal activity. Since there is no proof, you would be better off sticking to facts instead of spouting baseless accusations that make you look like a libelous complainer.

I have first hand knowledge of CPA as my son played on an AAU team that was put together with a lot of CPA players a few years back and i was approached by supporters of the school to gage my interest in bringing him there to play so my accusations are not baseless and they would not make me libelous in any way shape or form so make sure you know what YOU'RE talking about and to whom you are addressing otherwise you might look like you don't know the facts. Now can anyone trace them back to the coaching staff? Absolutely not, its a well run organization. Any further questions?

I have been around the program for 4 years and know the kids' history. If you have proof of recruiting bring it out or shut the heck up. The starters played less Saturday night than any other game this year.  There was a running clock in the fourth quarter. Go back to peewee ball and enjoy your life.

Our pewee ball was good enough to beat your state champion girls team by 20 last year so what does that say about your team?

I have first hand knowledge of CPA as my son played on an AAU team that was put together with a lot of CPA players a few years back and i was approached by supporters of the school to gage my interest in bringing him there to play so my accusations are not baseless and they would not make me libelous in any way shape or form so make sure you know what YOU'RE talking about and to whom you are addressing otherwise you might look like you don't know the facts. Now can anyone trace them back to the coaching staff? Absolutely not, its a well run organization. Any further questions?

Supporters of the school may discuss the school with anyone they choose. If they were to offer any sort of inducement to encourage your son's attendance, they would be in violation of TSSAA rules and should be reported. Otherwise, they are simply talking to a talented kid's father about a school they love. If you cannot trace those supporters back to the coaching staff, then you have no evidence of impropriety and are misleading in your accusations. 

Supporters of the school may discuss the school with anyone they choose. If they were to offer any sort of inducement to encourage your son's attendance, they would be in violation of TSSAA rules and should be reported. Otherwise, they are simply talking to a talented kid's father about a school they love. If you cannot trace those supporters back to the coaching staff, then you have no evidence of impropriety and are misleading in your accusations.

You amuse me, but insult everyone's intelligence at the same time. We all know what goes on over at the Christian private school and eventually they will get caught because there are way to many athletes moving into that school year over year. It only takes one mistake to get caught and when that happens you will be no where to be found i'm sure.