white co. vs stone memorial

90warrior

k thanks, they should be plenty then.

Yeah should be a decent crowd but will be plenty of seats. Look me up tomorrow. I will be in the Reserved seats middle left section about 3rd or 4th row 3 or 4 seats from the aisle Black/grey hair and a goatee. Will be there by half time of the girls.

nice meeting ya tcb!

Really enjoyed meeting you too, and it was a heck of a game. Proud of our boys, and really enjoyed watching your guys. Both teams, play hard, unselfish, and are fun to watch. That should be the first of like 4 meetings this year.

Both teams fight hard, are well coached and are talented. Don't get me wrong I love it when our boys roll, but a game like that is why you go watch HS basketball.

The thing about Stone is that the opponent never knows who is going to get them next.  Yoder played well tonight, but Hill came off the bench with some big shots and great D.  The next game, who knows?  Someone else will step up.  It may be 3s or it may be someone dominating in the paint.  They are a team and it is fun to see who is going to step up next!

• Upvote 1

yep heck of a game. stone shot the lights out of it from 3. i think they only missed one  all night and we still had our chances. both these teams play alot alike. i can't wait till they come to sparta.

Honestly we shot the ball ok, but nothing above an average shooting night.. Yoder missed a couple of shots he normally hits outside and a couple of inside shots as well, Spence was pressing and really didn't play like he normally does. Missed a couple of open shots, and had a couple of uncharacteristic turnovers. (Credit to the WC D IMHO)  Mathews had a good game, was aggressive and shot the ball well, but he has started doing more of that recently. Simmons didn't have a very good offensive game, missed a couple of short jumpers and lost the ball inside a couple of times where he normally converts.  Really the only "surprise" for SMHS was Hill coming off the bench, he went like 3-4 from 3 but he has been working real hard and has been shooting the ball extremely well over the last couple of weeks.

Defensively I thought they did pretty well against you guys, Henderson hit some tough shots tonight, and I thought your coach did a good job of getting him the ball in good spots especially late. I was a little surprised that they didn't switch off Simmons and Yoder a little earlier when he started going down on the block, and a little surprised that Simmons guarded your little guard instead of putting Spence or Mathews on him and allowing Simmons to help. But overall both teams did a good job defensively. 61-58 isn't a great offensive night for either club.

Minus Henderson the rest of your bunch has become what I figured when I first saw them back in middle school. They are tough, hard nosed, versatile, skilled, kids who do a lot of stuff well. They are very fun to watch.