2014 Upcoming Softball Thoughts?

richlandraiderdad

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lexington lost one starter that didn't even bat in post season last year. Returning 3 All State players along with pitcher that had 35 wins last year. Added 7 very solid freshmen. Look to be good for the next several years. Very much looking forward to this season.

Glad someone finally brought up Lexington...sorta fun reading the "homers" wish list's tho'. Big Red isn't guarantee'd to win it, but the same team won it last year, and will be a year stronger, faster, and wiser. I'll say it's at least a 50/50 shot, Tigers vs. the rest. Edited by tradertwo

Well it's that time of year again and I see all these wishful thinkers about who is going to do what this season in A,AA and AAA! Well Lets start off with the lowest division A. There is a lot of talented teams in A division this year but I will put Richland in the driver seat to be in the title game and a great shot to win it all. They have the best pitcher in single A unless something strange happens I'm certain they will be in Murfreesboro playing for it all. Gordonsville should be right back where they left off as well very solid team and a great senior pitcher, but there is a new comer in their district in Goodpasture who somehow regardless of what they lose always finds a way to the tournament. Goodpasture has 8 returning starters from last years state runner up team but from what I hear has no pitcher, advantage Gordonsville!!!  I see University School a real threat in this division as well but I say Richland will be there at the end!!

AA- Well this one is a no brainer if you know anything about softball in the State of Tn. Lexington will be playing for the Championship again this year with all girls returning and solid freshman coming in. Lexington is the best hitting team from top to bottom in the State and they have a great coaching staff to lead these girls. Question is who will they play and I firmly believe the team that will dominate in this division also will be Greenbrier. Greenbrier has pitching and power at the plate now add in a great freshman player who will give them a huge advantage and see what they get done this year. As for Upperman lets be realistic they don't have the defense or the bats to compete with these two teams, sure they have to good pitchers but coaching and strategy plays into that and they just can't seem to get it done in a week district and region, they may make it to the tournament but will see some really solid teams and be surprised. Unicoi should be back for sure and surprise some people this year.

AAA- This is the division that is hard to guess because of really dominate pitching and Teams trying to get back to dominance in AAA. But I will give this a valiant effort so here goes.

Clarksville has the pitching and the experience back to get to Murfreesboro. Smyrna has the pitching of course but plays some really good teams this year but with the pitching I give Smyrna a trip back to State. Now Dickson Co has a lot of promise and could again make a run should be interesting to see them this season. Now what about the AAA powerhouse teams where were they last year?? Soddy,Beech and Riverdale? I foresee one of these three teams making a statement this year and taking back the Gold Trophy!!! This is just a opinion based on stats and players that I see during the summer exposures and showcases. So go ahead and drill me on my predictions but I am sure I left a few out these are just what I think is going to take place. If your team has a shot please explain why they have a shot overall and not just because your daughter plays for that team!!!

Im not sure who would be Uppermans 2nd strong pitcher.  I know the Hull girl is absolutely dominant and if she can get back to the form she was in her sophmore year will be unhittable again.  As far as Upperman getting out of the district or region, not sure either will happen with the hitting that is there.  We saw last year when 2 great hitters in Adams and Gore and an above average hitter in Smith left the line up what happened.  Now they lost the Bryant girl who was probably the best all around player I have seen at Upperman since the Roberts kid was there several years back.  So as far as Upperman being close last year and going anywhere this year I do not see this happening at all.   I wish them luck though and hope they have a great season.  It should be fun watching the Hull twins play their last season of softball.