8-AAA

Guest rockydawg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rockydawg

well, since their is another thread where everyone is talking about the top players in the state... I figured I could start one for a particular district where I actually know who some of the players are. that is fine though. I just wanted some predictions on who everyone thought would have a big year out of 8-AAA.

OK, so, who do you guys think will win the region? :confused:

My predictions for district 8

Shelbyville-dominating pitcher in Toni Jensen

Tullahoma-most improved team indistrict-crushed district champ at end of season

Columbia-always a threat - will struggle trying to replace ace pitching due to graduation

Lincoln County-always fields a very comprtitive team- lost ace pitcher

Franklin County-a improving team from year to year

Coffee County-will not be able to replace senior leadership from last season

Lawerence County-too weak to compete inthis district

Goindeep,

Better not forget the name Catalano. She is a soph. this year, and will be stronger than last year. As with last year, don't count the Lady Raiders out until it is all over. Looking forward to the season starting! This district is always interesting in the end. I'm sure this season will be no different. Another name to look for is Kimbro. ;)

Goingdeep,

Due to the fact that you are familiar with District 8 AAA, I would like to ask several questions. How many times has Shelbyville won the district? Who has won the district every year except 1998 and 2001? I can help you out with those two years. In 98, Columbia won the district, but Coffee won the region and finished third in the state. In 01, lets just say that Coffee had the best team in the state with only two overall losses. So I will go out on a limb and pick Coffee to win the district again, while agreeing with you that Toombs and Bush are two of the district's elite.

Top Gun, I agree that Coffee County's catcher was a significant loss, but I think their most significant loss was their shortstop. She was a slapper & seemed to be on base 70% of the time. She stole 2nd or 3rd anytime she wanted. She provided the leadership that I think CC will lack this year. CC's catcher was also the best defensive catcer I've seen in the district in the last ten years. CC loses ttwo of the most important position players due to graduation. I'm basing my on opinion on head to head battle from last year. Shelbyville beat the Raiders twice last year. Jensen completely shut down. She averaged about 117 K's in both thesegames. Shelbyville has never won the district but I think this is their year. Columbia is always good but I don't think they will be able to replace Childress. If Raider 1 can pull another miracle like he did last year in the district tournament CC may upset my top seeds.