8-AAA

Guest rockydawg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raider 1,

Who is this Kimbro? Is she another one of your defectors from another county? Are you sure that you & Insell are not kin? I remember Catalano, what a job she did at the end of the year for you. Are you loaded again? Don't take any jeers personally, your softball record speaks for itself. Just trying to get some smack going. Its boring when nobody posts anything.Congratulatins on your tourney run. If you can keep your team playing like they did at the beginning & end of season you will be very hard to beat.

ERA

Just wondering if yall had some ace talent move into your county. When you read about 7AAA, there are threads posted about girls with phenomenal battig averages and outstanding accomplishments.The girl moving from Arkansas to play ball in TN. sounds awesome according to the thread. I would really like to see some girl play that was truly comparable to Dot Richardson. Even if its just bragging, it makes interesting reading on this forum. Since I do follow district 8, I have seen many of your players perform. Raider 1 has built a program that is 2nd to none in our district. i remember when Columbia was untouchable in our district. Even though CC has won 4 straight titles, I feel that yall slipped a notch or two last year. It seems like the parity in the district is very close. I remember when Shelbyville & Tullahoma were penciled in victories for CC. I really feel those days are gone. I really feel Shelbyville has the best chance behind the strong arm of Jensen.She is a senior & provides good leadership for her team. Columbia was not the same team when Childress did not pitch, so I look for them to struggle early. If CC's bats go cold like they did midseason last year, I predict a long year for Coffee County.AS for hitting a hot point in picking Shelbyville, I recollect you picked them last year! Sorry, I watch the Jim Rome show & I like talking smack.

Picking out the greatest players is one of the best things in sports. When you're right, it gives you bragging rights and all the other fluff that goes with it. It is fun and I'm as guilty as the next guy in doing it. In high school, it can be a distraction to the team. Girl teams are especially susceptible to this behavior. Girls are better at networking and accomplishing goals as a unit than guys ever will be. It is important for the unit to have mutual respect and play with cohesiveness. Once that has been penetrated, the wall crumbles. Lest we drop a name like "Kelly Washington" as an example and this is a football team for gosh sakes. In my opinion, male teams are a big block V8 with tons of horsepower that even when they drop a cylinder or two, they can still finish the race. Female teams are similar to Indy race engines, small displacement, high revving wonders that put out an incredible amount of horsepower to be so small but can drop out of contention over a broken $3 part.

Both of my girls have had the opportunity to be on at least two teams each in their sporting careers where there was selfless attitude, commitment and sacrifice for the team. Just look at Dickson County for example, the best TEAM in the state last year. The former prerequisites were directly responsible for that teams success. No superstars, just a team of great athletes playing as a cohesive unit making the sacrifices necessary to win. Most kids won't have an experience like that in a lifetime. Once you have seen that in action, you won't settle for anything less because you want every kid to have a chance to experience it. It's an incredible thing to see and most assuredly a life lesson.

Putting it all in perspective, the post season is best time for it. You can't argue stats. However, who's to say you can't have fun and talk smack?

Yes, I did pick Shelbyville last year. Toni is a very good player with a ton of great attitude which reflects the whole family as far as I'm concerned. Kids are a mirror of what's going on in the family and Toni's actions speaks volumes of class. I would take her on my team any day.

Columbia has another pitcher coming into their fold this year. Amy has been a teammate of my youngest and pitcher for the Xtreme out of Franklin. She is very talented with incredible accuracy and ball movement. She has pitched in the biggest travel ball games "World Series Championship USFA Florida". I look for her to put Columbia back in the thick of things with her pitching and bat once the season gets through the bright lights faze of freshmanhood. :o

I watched Coffee County play a couple of games at Cain Ridge this fall. They seem to be well rounded team with above average defence, above average offence their pitching staff has Catalano being very effective also they are pitching another pitcher I don't know her name but she seems to be almost unhitable. I would say cc is loaded as usual. :o

[Edited by mymy on 11-9-02 1:04P]

Goingdeep,

I STILL dont know what you've been smoking :confused: but Coffee County's pitching is always dominate. They have Catalano, a returning sophomore, that had a great season last year. They also have Turner, a senior, that has amazing junk pitches....they have Ashlee Sadler who was undefeated last year in JV who has probably improved over the summer. And a new commer, Kimbro, who maybe pretty dominate this year. Jensen may be good but what is Shelbyville going to do if she gets hurt or sick?...there's nobody to take her place.

Cannon10

A good stable of pitchers is always a plus. Shelbyville does not have the depth at this position like Coffee County.Where this depth really hurts is in preseason tournament play. I agree it is very hard for one picher to carry the load the entire season but it has been done. Think back 2 seasons ago when Coffee County used 1 pitcher and dominated the district. Wishing no one injury, I believe Shelbyville's hope of a district championship rely on the stamina of Toni Jensen. I'm basing my opinions on her stellar performances against your team last year. A 17 strikeout shutout performance is not an easy accomplishment on Coffee County's home field. Everyone knows the two hardest places to secure a win are at Columbia & at Coffee County in our district. I can't wait for the season to start because smack talking on the internet does not win games.Thanks for your predictions.