Top players in the Upper Cumberland

Tbob99

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Larry Bird is once in a lifetime.Just think what he been at a big college he had good work habits.You do not teach them you make them yourself.You got to have the will to want to win no matter what

Completely agree with this, but the size and physical ability this 6'3-4" girl has gives her a shot. The way she already plays, shoots, and handles the ball at her age implies that she has a pretty good work ethic, and desire to make herself into a real good player. One never knows exactly what the future will hold, but she certainly shows signs that she is worth watching.

Completely agree with this, but the size and physical ability this 6'3-4" girl has gives her a shot. The way she already plays, shoots, and handles the ball at her age implies that she has a pretty good work ethic, and desire to make herself into a real good player. One never knows exactly what the future will hold, but she certainly shows signs that she is worth watching.

I'm confused. Maybe it was just the game I watched of her (JC vs C'Range) but she did NOT handle the ball well at all. Almost every post move she made, she also traveled, whether it was called or not. I also don't remember her taking any outside shots. I'm not saying this girl isn't going to be good. More than likely she WILL be great, but as of now I think it's way to early to be comparing her to Lary Bird. She is a powerful inside force, I'm not denying that either, just pointing out ball handling fallacies and almost all her shots are two foot from the goal (just from what I seen).

I'm confused. Maybe it was just the game I watched of her (JC vs C'Range) but she did NOT handle the ball well at all. Almost every post move she made, she also traveled, whether it was called or not. I also don't remember her taking any outside shots. I'm not saying this girl isn't going to be good. More than likely she WILL be great, but as of now I think it's way to early to be comparing her to Lary Bird. She is a powerful inside force, I'm not denying that either, just pointing out ball handling fallacies and almost all her shots are two foot from the goal (just from what I seen).

I don't have a dog in the hunt when it comes to CR, but I have watched her a couple of times. She shot the ball well out to the 3, at one point hit 4-5 straight 15-18 footers against Stone girls, hit several of the same shots against Cumberland County as well. Dribbled pretty well and was a good passer, hitting the cutters to the bucket, or kicking back out to the wings. Of course she is shoot more often inside. That is where tall kids have their advantage, and I feel confident that Coach Rogers knows enough to go to his best match ups when it is a big game.

I don't think anyone was actually comparing her to Bird, merely that even Bird was just potential at some point. She does have a lot of work to do, but I have seen a lot of kids finish their time with Coach Rogers and end up being real good.

Meadows shot and made a 10 foot jumper from the side to open the game. She looks very advanced for her age. Yes, she did walk a lot, but she will improve on that with experience. She has a bright future.

Completely agree, like I said, she will be an amazing player. I understand that you weren't comparing her directly to lady bird, I was saying that to compare her style to lady birds is somewhat of a stretch at this point, possibly not in the future. Also, I acknowledged that she is probably a better outside shot, just not in the game I watched, that's all. I don't have a dog in this hunt either, as I have only seen her play once. She is a very smart player, and I agree that coach Lamar with fine tune her abilities, as he is one of the best coaches in the state.

I have seen her play at least 100 games and can vouch that Meadows can score consistently away from the basket. She has a very soft touch all the way out to the 3 point line.I  didn't see the JC game, but the opinion shouldn't be based on one viewing, I mean the young lady is human .  Of course she has things to work and improve on, as does any player. She's busted her tail to get where she is as a frosh and no doubt will continue to work. The numbers don't lie!

Edited by TNFlightSelect

What we have to remember is this young lady is just a freshman and she will get a lot better.  I have seen my fair share of ball players and i can tell you this she will dominate in a year or two.  I really liked her game, nice shot, good form and can take it down low and score even at her young age.  Lets not be so harsh on a 15 year old girl here.  I promise you that every coach in the state would want her on their team.   :popcorneater:

What we have to remember is this young lady is just a freshman and she will get a lot better.  I have seen my fair share of ball players and i can tell you this she will dominate in a year or two.  I really liked her game, nice shot, good form and can take it down low and score even at her young age.  Lets not be so harsh on a 15 year old girl here.  I promise you that every coach in the state would want her on their team.   :popcorneater:

She is pretty polished for a 15year old kid her size. If your coach wouldn't want a kid like her, then you probably need to start looking for a new coach.