AA State Tourney Teams-Midseason Guess

sportsnerd

Look at GP's schedule. It is full of single A and weak AA's. Fulton, Alcoa, or CAK will battle Unicoi or Betsy in the substate. The Knox area teams will win and go to state.

I am kinda disappointed, even though I know it means nothing, that McMinn Central has gotten no respect.  Looking at GP - MCentral has played a much tougher schedule and have onlly 3 losses to quality opponents.  1 of the losses came after playing the 2nd game of a double header, with the 2nd opponent (Davy Crockett) playing their first game of the day.  MCentral was also playing that day without a starter in that game.  The other two losses was a good AAA team Lebbonon in a Christmas tourney, which was a close game, with the other loss coming from a really good Knox Webb team.  They avenged the loss later beating Knox Webb.  I am not picking on GP cause I realize they are probably a quality ball club.  As I scan the AP poll I am just a little confused when looking at comparisons.

Edited by logcabinman

I am kinda disappointed, even though I know it means nothing, that McMinn Central has gotten no respect.  Looking at GP - MCentral has played a much tougher schedule and have onlly 3 losses to quality opponents.  1 of the losses came after playing the 2nd game of a double header, with the 2nd opponent (Davy Crockett) playing their first game of the day.  MCentral was also playing that day without a starter in that game.  The other two losses was a good AAA team Lebbonon in a Christmas tourney, which was a close game, with the other loss coming from a really good Knox Webb team.  They avenged the loss later beating Knox Webb.  I am not picking on GP cause I realize they are probably a quality ball club.  As I scan the AP poll I am just a little confused when looking at comparisons.

McMinn Central made a bit of a statement against Alcoa tonight. They are making me feel good about my pick.

McMinn Central made a bit of a statement against Alcoa tonight. They are making me feel good about my pick.

Still no respect with polls, but no matter.  MCentral was up big on Alcoa all night, with a bit of a slip up with about 3 minutes to go.  They controlled the game and I agree they made a statement.  Like I always say, "It will all come out in the wash".

• 2 weeks later...

Haywood plays hard for 32 minutes. Haywood would beat southside by 10 plus. And they are deep. I am picking Haywood to win it all.  Haywood also moves the ball well.

Your post from March 16, 2013 was this before the CPA/JSS finals: "JSS wins tonight". What was that final score?

SO, your record on picking CPA to get beat hasn't been so good lately.

Yes, new year and different teams, and maybe a different result. We'll see.

I expect Jackson South Side to win it all. South Side cuts down the nets Saturday.

Here is your prediction from last year. But it was CPA by 21 over JSS.

Haywood plays hard for 32 minutes. Haywood would beat southside by 10 plus. And they are deep. I am picking Haywood to win it all.  Haywood also moves the ball well. 

I know you are a west TN homer, but anyone is foolish to pick against CPA after winning their last 6 games at state by 18.7 points, winning their last 87 games against TN teams, and considering that this year's team is the best they've ever had. It's obviously not impossible for Haywood to beat CPA, but that would be very surprising to say the least.

Here is your prediction from last year. But it was CPA by 21 over JSS.

I know you are a west TN homer, but anyone is foolish to pick against CPA after winning their last 6 games at state by 18.7 points, winning their last 87 games against TN teams, and considering that this year's team is the best they've ever had. It's obviously not impossible for Haywood to beat CPA, but that would be very surprising to say the least. 

Edited by nebuntyn