Cheatham County Cubs Basketball

TheBrooklynBrawler

I played 4 yrs college bball, and I agree with Gotcha about there being other players as good in 2AA.  The difference between the others and CC is Cheatham has more maturity and higher-caliber supporting cast members to help the main talent shine.  And a good coach like theirs can add about 6-10 points to a teams' total through situational strategy and preparation, just as a bad coach can conversely subtract just as many points. 

I am sure you are right. Not afraid to admit I am biased, but haven't seen a better 2 this year.

Most college coaches think Norl from Kenwood is, of course he is in 3AAA. That's the eye test I was speaking of. On paper 6'1" doesn't pop out at you, especially as a two guard. PPG doesn't mean a whole lot to College Coaches either, unless you are a five star recruit. Who did Saunders play AAU for?

Saunders and Darden both played for Team Nashville. Love Norl-super kid and really good player, but Saunders clearly won that matchup a couple weeks ago. Doesn't mean he is better, but he definitely was that night. Never mentioned ppg-watch the kid play and you will see what I am talking about .

Darden also played for Team Nashville and is a big time athlete. You should remember him from last year if you saw them play Cascade as he had a nasty posterization in that one.

The Cubs have a couple of other stand outs as well. Harlan is an outstanding pg and Douglas is really stepping it up. Go Cubs!

Saunders guarded Norl the entire game, scored more, shot better, and his team won. Go watch the tape again. I know it wasn't Daniel's best game and I think he is an excellent player and great kid who deserves all the accolades he receives, but Jake was better that night. I don't believe in getting on an anonymous message board and being negative towards high school athletes period. I may take a jab at CPA from time to time, but would never criticize one of their players either. They have some great ones there right now and I know those kids work really hard and are very talented. The streak they have going vs in-state teams is pretty incredible and those accomplishments should not be discounted even if some question the method of assemblage.

All I am saying is that Saunders deserves to be in the conversation when it comes to top sg in Tn. Not sure if he plays the 1 or 2, but Williams at Wilson Central is another really good one. He can light it up and has serious range as well.

Saunders and Darden both played for Team Nashville. Love Norl-super kid and really good player, but Saunders clearly won that matchup a couple weeks ago. Doesn't mean he is better, but he definitely was that night. Never mentioned ppg-watch the kid play and you will see what I am talking about .

Darden also played for Team Nashville and is a big time athlete. You should remember him from last year if you saw them play Cascade as he had a nasty posterization in that one.

The Cubs have a couple of other stand outs as well. Harlan is an outstanding pg and Douglas is really stepping it up. Go Cubs!

I do remember Darden, he stood out. He should be playing somewhere at the next level.

Both Saunders and Darden can easily play at the next level... Very possible low D1 school...  As for CCCHS they are probably not as good as last years team, but have a better chance of making the glass house this year based on region/substate games...  That being said, East has more athletes and better coaching and will probably win the matchup again at the end of the season as the players develop in his system better,I hope CCCHS makes it to the state tourney though.... 

As for sg better than Saunders in AA... Only one I can think of off the top of my head might be B'ford kid from JSS... Possibly Allsmiller... It depends on team make up...

Saunders guarded Norl the entire game, scored more, shot better, and his team won. Go watch the tape again. I know it wasn't Daniel's best game and I think he is an excellent player and great kid who deserves all the accolades he receives, but Jake was better that night. I don't believe in getting on an anonymous message board and being negative towards high school athletes period. I may take a jab at CPA from time to time, but would never criticize one of their players either. They have some great ones there right now and I know those kids work really hard and are very talented. The streak they have going vs in-state teams is pretty incredible and those accomplishments should not be discounted even if some question the method of assemblage.

All I am saying is that Saunders deserves to be in the conversation when it comes to top sg in Tn. Not sure if he plays the 1 or 2, but Williams at Wilson Central is another really good one. He can light it up and has serious range as well.

Let's go to to the stats:

Norl 17 points 44% 3 rebounds 5 assists 2 steals 1 to

Saunders 20 points 43% 4 reb 1 assist 0 steals 2 to.

I don't call that being "clearly better" but either way it is unfair to call this a match up. Norl did not guard Sauders for one single play not one, not even on a switch. He guarded number 20, 10, and 32.

Now I admire your passion for your team and I think sauderns is a baller. But he should not be in the discussion for best SG in the state. Norl on the other hand averages 21.8 and 60% from the field this season. I don't think there's another sg in the state with numbers like that. He does that all within the system coach is trying to run. He has the potential to score 40 a night and is probably to reason he had over 20 d1 schools recruiting him including the whole OVC. Not because he could but because he doesn't. People forget his AAU team had the best talent Tennessee has to offer and traveled the country to play and beat some of the best teams in the country. They were a top 10 team in the country. Norl played a big roll in that success for 4 years.

When we played them our best player out performed Norl. And they did guard one another most the game. This doesn't make him better than Norl, but on that day he was. Players are avg these kind of numbers all over the State.

Norl had 26 points 37% 14 rebounds 4 assist 0 steals 4 t/o

Our Player had 25 points 67% 1 rebound 5 assist 1 steal 2 t/o