D2 Dual brackets

seahawk8

Any word yet on  DII dual state brackets.  When should they be out?

Seahawk:

There has already been some chatter about this under the D-I AAA topic.  The information currently  on the TSSAA website  provides a link to the Trackwrestling site where the brackets/results will be posted. Right now, if you try to view the brackets, nothing comes up.  But, taking a tip from CoachPeck, if you hit "print" it pops up a set of brackets that currently has CBHS v. BA ( Match 1) and MBA vs. SBA ( Match 2) in the top half of the bracket and Baylor v. McCallie ( Match 3) and FR v SBA ( Match 4) in the bottom half of the bracket.  If it stays this way, then the winners of Match 1 and Match 2 would face each other in the semifinals  with the winners of Match 3 and Match 4 facing eacing each other in the other semifinal ( unless they do something unusual and cross-bracket the semis). The bottom half of the bracket would seem to be overloaded with what most I think would consider to be the "championship" match. If the brackets stay this way, they are sure to be the topic of much chatter, questions  and consternation as the week progresses.

In fairness, I should add that CoachPeck's tip came with the following user warning which I am sure will be ignored:

"Please note that these are not final as the brackets have yet to be released... I'm sure they the do release them there may be some changes.... for all I know they aren't even right, just random.  I just was playing around with track and thought I'd share... I wouldn't get too excited over anything until the brackets are released publicly."

Edited by BuckLateral

Seahawk:

There has already been some chatter about this under the D-I AAA topic.  The information currently  on the TSSAA website  provides a link to the Trackwrestling site where the brackets/results will be posted. Right now, if you try to view the brackets, nothing comes up.  But, taking a tip from CoachPeck, if you hit "print" it pops up a set of brackets that currently has CBHS v. BA ( Match 1) and MBA vs. SBA ( Match 2) in the top half of the bracket and Baylor v. McCallie ( Match 3) and FR v SBA ( Match 4) in the bottom half of the bracket.  If it stays this way, then the winners of Match 1 and Match 2 would face each other in the semifinals  with the winners of Match 3 and Match 4 facing eacing each other in the other semifinal ( unless they do something unusual and cross-bracket the semis). The bottom half of the bracket would seem to be overloaded with what most I think would consider to be the "championship" match. If the brackets stay this way, they are sure to be the topic of much chatter, questions  and consternation as the week progresses.

In fairness, I should add that CoachPeck's tip came with the following user warning which I am sure will be ignored:

"Please note that these are not final as the brackets have yet to be released... I'm sure they the do release them there may be some changes.... for all I know they aren't even right, just random.  I just was playing around with track and thought I'd share... I wouldn't get too excited over anything until the brackets are released publicly."

thank you.  I appreciate it!

Yes, officially...

Father Ryan

Brentwood Academy

Montgomery Bell

St. Benedict

Bottom

Christian Brothers

McCallie School

Briarcrest Christian

Baylor School

Big Blue Big Red Rematch! Vs Ryan (likely by 12 over ? McCallie or Baylor with a healthy Murphy/Norad)

Edited by Sommers

Brackets were just revised on track and now show exactly how the seeds should be drawn up

as I stated in my previous post

According to seeding per regular season dual results, the bracket should come together like this:

Ryan vs BA

MBA vs St. Ben

BOTTOM

Bros vs McCallie

Briarcrest vs Baylor

Now that is more like it. The TSSAA does have some small amount of good sense.

Sets up a  potential McCallie vs, Baylor rematch at 7:30 pm on Friday ( though  I'm sure the Bros will have something to say about that first).  Wonder how big of a crowd will cross  the mountain to come up to see that one?  On the other side of the bracket, based on this past weekend's results, Ryan would seem to have a fairly easy path to the final.

Now that is more like it. The TSSAA does have some small amount of good sense.

Sets up a  potential McCallie vs, Baylor rematch at 7:30 pm on Friday ( though  I'm sure the Bros will have something to say about that first).  Wonder how big of a crowd will cross  the mountain to come up to see that one?  On the other side of the bracket, based on this past weekend's results, Ryan would seem to have a fairly easy path to the final.

The brackets are set up like this because MBA beat McCallie earlier in the season without some starters.  I wonder if McCallie regrets that call because some of the starters that missed the Dual meet on Thursday, wrestled at the Brentwood Tournament on Friday.  That one dual match changed the landscape of the bracket.

The brackets are set up like this because MBA beat McCallie earlier in the season without some starters.  I wonder if McCallie regrets that call because some of the starters that missed the Dual meet on Thursday, wrestled at the Brentwood Tournament on Friday.  That one dual match changed the landscape of the bracket.

Indeed it did Hoosierdad. But after Friday's match with Baylor, I'm not sure McCallie regrets that call. McCallie came within one point of beating Baylor, with two much discussed and, some would argue contoversial, calls giving Baylor two wins.  If either of those calls goes in McCallie's favor, McCallie wins the match. So one might wonder if  McCallie doesn't feel like it has a better shot of beating Baylor and getting to the championship final  than being in MBA's position of having to face Ryan in the semis to get to the final.  If I am McCalllie right now , I'm  thinking that Ryan presents a tougher hurdle to the final than Baylor and  don't have any regret  that I ended up in the bracket opposite Ryan as a result of that loss to MBA.

If Baylor gets starters back at 113 and 195, score should be in the 35-24 range for the red team. They should have probably been on opposite sides but that's what happens when kids get sick and dinged up at times.

True, IF Murph & Norad are at 65% and 90% respectively. + these matches could end up affecting the landscape of the individuals two weeks later. Ankles and knees at high level performance can be a distraction.

Looks like we will get the match we all want, Baylor/McCallie in the semi-finals.  I hope that Michael Murphy is back because you want to beat the best at their best.  Hopefully, McCallie can turn some of their wins into more bonus points and some of their wrestlers not give up  the bonus points.

Either way, it will be the match of tournament.  Can't wait to see round II.