State Duals

rlwest40

My collected thoughts regarding this past week:

It would be a good idea for the TSSAA to reserve the spectator seating during the state dual finals for the teams that are actually competing in the finals, since some particular teams lack the courtesy of doing this on their own.

Congrats to the Raiders from the Chattanooga area for winning 2 of the 3 state championships! The Blue Raiders from Cleveland in yet another lopsided win in D1 and the Red Raiders from Baylor who proved without a doubt that they are the best D2 team in February. How do you like those radishes? All of the top teams were from East TN after all.

Shout out to Cleveland's Koran Kennedy for upsetting the #1 ranked Kramer. Anytime there's an upset it's gonna be talked about and feelings will get hurt but I don't see it as classless. There's been a lot of trash talk so it goes both ways, no need to come apart when it's returned. ROAR!!!! Or more like Meeeeooooow! Another shout out to the WC mom who shouted out we're #1 after winning their 2nd and final match of the dual. She didn't realize the championship had been clinched 3 matches prior.

There was more than one controversial call at state and that's how it is every year. 285 has been debated in D2 but that one match didn't affect the outcome of the dual and who out scored their opponent for a decisive state championship victory. Maybe it was a balancing of the scales from the controversy surrounding their last meeting,

Simmers you posted some common opponent information with CHS WC and SD before the finals to support your prediction of a kitty cat Cinderella victory so how about posting some now comparing CHS WC and BC. WC won 2 matches against Cleveland, an improvement over 1 from last year.

To the Ravenwood parents. Was it 'weird' losing to CHS after taunting the Cleveland cheerleaders by telling them it was going to be weird when Ravenwood wins?? Those underage girls were only doing their job, cheering for their team. You're supposed to be adults, if you want to trash talk at least do it with other adults.

The Ravenwood coach should have been hit for at least one team point for constantly going to the table and interrupting the dual complaining about the Cleveland wrestlers standing up in between matches. Stop whining and send your wrestler to the table. To the hater full of 'class' complaining about Cleveland's methods of sending wrestlers to the table, don't let the jealousy get to you. The wrestlers are fond of this tradition of lining up and supporting their teammates and to insinuate some type of sexual harassment toward the coaching staff is the most outrageous remark I've heard relating to this sport. You obviously know nothing about the character of the coach you called into question. These two whiners could be the same person?

Soms, bump, ww, and company....how do you like your crow? Would you like some fresh Chattanooga radishes with that?

Edited by rlwest40

A candid response to what I saw at state and what I've read on here before and after the duals, providing some opposition to the abundance of trash talk this season on CoachT. I stand behind my views whether you agree/disagree like/hate me, at the very least you know who I am and where I stand.

My collected thoughts regarding this past week:

It would be a good idea for the TSSAA to reserve the spectator seating during the state dual finals for the teams that are actually competing in the finals, since some particular teams lack the courtesy of doing this on their own.

Congrats to the Raiders from the Chattanooga area for winning 2 of the 3 state championships! The Blue Raiders from Cleveland in yet another lopsided win in D1 and the Red Raiders from Baylor who proved without a doubt that they are the best D2 team in February. How do you like those radishes? All of the top teams were from East TN after all.

Shout out to Cleveland's Koran Kennedy for upsetting the #1 ranked Kramer. Anytime there's an upset it's gonna be talked about and feelings will get hurt but I don't see it as classless. There's been a lot of trash talk so it goes both ways, no need to come apart when it's returned. ROAR!!!! Or more like Meeeeooooow! Another shout out to the WC mom who shouted out we're #1 after winning their 2nd and final match of the dual. She didn't realize the championship had been clinched 3 matches prior.

There was more than one controversial call at state and that's how it is every year. 285 has been debated in D2 but that one match didn't affect the outcome of the dual and who out scored their opponent for a decisive state championship victory. Maybe it was a balancing of the scales from the controversy surrounding ?

Now I realize that I have been out of the game for years now, but I think I still have a grasp of adding and subtracting.. I had to borrow my neighbors toes and fingers for this math problem.....

Here goes. 36-6= 30.

26+6= 32

30< 32

So to say 1 match didn't affect the result of the dual/duel is not exactly correct, correct?

Like I said, don't know much about rasslin, but it looks like with the help from my neighbors toes and fingers I have servered up a dish of crow for you to consume....

Bcb iii

Donavan Sutherland ?

Now I realize that I have been out of the game for years now, but I think I still have a grasp of adding and subtracting.. I had to borrow my neighbors toes and fingers for this math problem.....

Here goes. 36-6= 30.

26+6= 32

30< 32

So to say 1 match didn't affect the result of the dual/duel is not exactly correct, correct?

Like I said, don't know much about rasslin, but it looks like with the help from my neighbors toes and fingers I have servered up a dish of crow for you to consume....

Bcb iii

Donavan Sutherland ?

You are totally right, but you also have to give credit to WC for being there two years in a row. Now saying that, Cleveland is a force to be reckon with. I think that there should be a committee to let a school like Bradley in. I know this gets away from two teams outside each region, but there are stronger teams like Brad, SD, and Clev (in the same region). I think there should be like a 18 team bracket or something to get the best teams in the Duals. 

For me, the best part of the season will come when mr.wests son graduates.Then, when next year comes around, everyone won't have to endure dad's endless babbling and bragging.. There have been hundreds of Very successful wrestlers as well as many successful programs in Tn wrestling history. Yet most parents knows when to just humbly enjoy it and let OTHERS praise your son or program publicly..Some people just can't handle success with style.

That's one perspective but its grasping for straws. There's always the possibility of 'what if?'.

The pin was never called in FR's favor so the hypothetical point swing is irrelevant. The fact that he was on his back does not mean that he was guaranteed a pin. If it was a sure pin and he was clearly the better wrestler and winner then he should have been able to pin him again or at least avoid being pinned himself.

A lot of things can effect the flow and outcome of a dual meet, not to mention strategic shuffling by the coaches to compensate for upsets. Even if that ONE call had went FR's way there were still 10 more matches remaining that could have went many different ways.

Yes if Father Ryan would have pinned at HWT instead of Baylor and every other match would have played out the same exact way then they would have came out on top of a dual they were supposed to dominate. The same thing can be said for the other 7 matches that Baylor won, if all the calls would have went Father Ryan's way like the last time they met then they would have had a better chance of winning.

That's a lot of 'if's and buts'. All that matters is the score at the end, a champion can find a way to adapt and overcome. Talk to each of the teams at the state duals and I'm sure every one of them had ONE call that didn't go their way. Its a part of wrestling. Take it out of the ref's hands and it won't be a factor.

You are totally right, but you also have to give credit to WC for being there two years in a row. Now saying that, Cleveland is a force to be reckon with. I think that there should be a committee to let a school like Bradley in. I know this gets away from two teams outside each region, but there are stronger teams like Brad, SD, and Clev (in the same region). I think there should be like a 18 team bracket or something to get the best teams in the Duals.

well said and true

Here goes. 36-6= 30.

26+6= 32

30< 32

Bcb iii

Donavan Sutherland ?

Bear Cat comes out of retirement to defend his fellow Irishmen? I thought you were still on retainer by the Bsfbag? lol

Your math is corect but as Mr West pointed out everyone is assuming there would have been a pin. I will be the first to admitt the call was in error and it did take away the Father Ryans CHANCE to earn the pin and if it were called against us I would be as upset as they are. The Baylor wrestler was on his back for a long time and in all honesty I expected a pin in the first few seconds of them being in that position but he fought it off and it didnt appear the Father Ryan wrestler was getting any closer to the pin when it was stopped. I thought we were out of bounds anyway but couldnt tell from my angle but one of the officials sitting there observing told me one of our shoulders was out of bounds anyway. Again, Im not for sure but I do know that we were down 6-0 and came back to not only take the lead but also get the pin. I dont think the Father Ryan wrestler was going to get the pin with the position they were in without getting much too high and or going out of bounds. As Mr West also pointed pointed out this was early in the match and a lot of things could have been wrestled differently had Father Ryan gotten the win there. The Baylor heavyweight has gotten the pin in both Father Ryan  matches and other than the split second it took to put him on his back in the last  match he has controlled both matches completley so the better wrestler won.  

It appears our journalist are using track wrestling to get updates and it has Blake listed as Donovan. Some of his matches are listed as Donovan and some as Blake so his whole profile is messed up. Ill see if I can get it fixed before they have their seeding meetings so their wont be any confusion.   

Edited by YOUTHCOACH16

rlwest40,

I don't know why you're on here whining, Cleveland obviously does most of their talking on the mat where it should be done.

Let me address your comments about Ravenwood. First off cheerleaders belong on the field of play not in the stands where spectators sit trying to enjoy watching the match...I for one find it a completely selfish, self-serving act. It's great that they want to support their team, but when it comes at the expense of fans enjoying what they are there for, I don't support it at all.

Second, who cares what "your" teams tradition is, if it gets in the way of the opposing coach managing his match, then it shouldn't be allowed. And show me in the rule book where it prohibits the opposing coach going to the table. Believe me, if your coach thought there should have been points awarded he would have said something...he always does.

Cleveland obviously has a program that consistently delivers, so quit your whining and enjoy your teams victory.

Edited by VET74

Another new CoachT member! You must be part of the group that verbally attacked the little girls in the stands.

So you're attempting to justify the shouting and taunting directed toward the underage cheerleaders by the Ravenwood fans with your opinion that cheerleaders should not be able to sit in the stands?

Cheerleaders were not allowed on the 'field of play' or the floor until the finals. I still don't understand your logic that cheerleaders should not be allowed to sit in the stands, I guess the student section shouldn't be allowed to sit in the stands either. if you didn't enjoy the match then I'm sure it wasn't because of the cheerleaders.

You're not alone with that type of self-centered reasoning because there are many who like to trash talk but do not like to be called on it when its not backed up. This thread will attest to that simple fact. Your post is further proof.

Your coach was closest to the score table and had the best view of the table and which wrestlers were being sent. How exactly did this interfere with his ability to manage his team? If a coach continues to approach the table to argue the same point 4 times in a row then yes the team can be penalized. The referee was lenient toward your coach and team. Show us in the rule book that says your opponents cannot stand up in a line before each match?