Valentines Memphis trip for Lancaster Christian

Playfearless

Riverdale, Smyrna, Oakland, Blackman, MTCS, none of the teams will play them. Riverdale had them scheduled and then dropped the game. Yes they will count on the overall record of the teams. But the possibility of losing to a smaller school like LCA carries more weight than beating them.  LCA is ranked by M@xPr3ps as 22 in TN and 1002 in nation as of right now. Abby Wright leads the team with 21.5 ppg and Paris Lawson with 14+ ppg. They, along with Sydney Floyd, and Jalyn Brooks are D1 prospects for sure.

They have played Independence, Ravenwood, Franklin, Franklin County twice, Stone Memorial twice, Columbia (and could have won that game but had Wright and Floyd foul out in last two minutes and lost by 5 pts) Hamilton Heights (Chattanooga) twice, and Ensworth this next Wednesday.

Riverdale, Smyrna, Oakland, Blackman, MTCS, none of the teams will play them. Riverdale had them scheduled and then dropped the game. Yes they will count on the overall record of the teams. But the possibility of losing to a smaller school like LCA carries more weight than beating them.  LCA is ranked by M@xPr3ps as 22 in TN and 1002 in nation as of right now. Abby Wright leads the team with 21.5 ppg and Paris Lawson with 14+ ppg. They, along with Sydney Floyd, and Jalyn Brooks are D1 prospects for sure.

They have played Independence, Ravenwood, Franklin, Franklin County twice, Stone Memorial twice, Columbia (and could have won that game but had Wright and Floyd foul out in last two minutes and lost by 5 pts) Hamilton Heights (Chattanooga) twice, and Ensworth this next Wednesday.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a response to clear eyes post, I believe Abby Wright lead the state in scoring with a 29 point average after the first four regular season games before leaving the AAA school for the coaching at Lancaster. The down side has become her point average has taken a hit and she is now 9th due to playing just a little more than just two periods per game because of lack of stronger strength of schedule and their coach pulls the starters as not to run up the score. This is why he works hard to schedule stronger more athletic teams to play. Playing the big 3A schools would raise the per game averages of at least six players on this team BIG TIME

Playfearless where wear you this summer when they played blackman at mtsu camp they lost by 30 points so be careful what you ask .[/quot

I hear you jumpoff, but that was an emotional Gm. All of blackmans girls play for cliff in summer and outplayed us, but if we played again, no way would score be the same. Riverdale beat us by 5, Columbia beat us by 5. Blackman beat Columbia by 1 and Riverdale by 1 & 9, so although we'll never know, I don't think round 2 would be a blowout imo.

Lancaster is a very good team that is well coached. The reason many TSSAA teams will not play them is because they play by different rules than TSSAA. If a kid transfers to Lancaster, they are eligible immediately. It is possible for a team to play Lancaster on Monday, and then transfer to Lancaster and then play for them on Tuesday. That is a scary thought for many coaches that are trying to build a program with players over a four year period. It's the same reason the Lighthouse Christian boys team has a hard time finding games.

I hear you, but what's funny is ppl use the phrase play by different rules, but the fact of the matter is we have 2 girls that would start for their zoned school. So, if they can't play or not getting playing time, why are the schools against playing them? My thought is afraid of getting out coached!

Let me get this straight...LC avoids TSSAA recruiting restrictions by refusing to join...attempts to schedule large schools with talented teams as an "audition" to select opposing players to target as acquisitions...fans grumble because said schools refuse to place their programs in the no-win situation where a win doesn't matter, with the prospect of losing players to the opponent. Did I forget something? Join TSSAA, build your program as others have to do, let the girls prove how great they are in the tournament format, and stop whining.

I have seen your coach. All he does yell and be little. Then walls into the gym and thinks he's the man. I know they played some top teams this pas summer and lost by double figurs. That according to my friends in the metro Area.

Tommy, you have rec'd some incorrect info! The only team that beat LCA by double figures was Blackman! Yes, he yells, but he's getting the girls to play up to or even over there natural potential! That's what great coaches do! Most other coaches just say, oh she can't play and the player has a permanant seat at the end of the bench!

Edited by mboro

Let me get this straight...LC avoids TSSAA recruiting restrictions by refusing to join...attempts to schedule large schools with talented teams as an "audition" to select opposing players to target as acquisitions...fans grumble because said schools refuse to place their programs in the no-win situation where a win doesn't matter, with the prospect of losing players to the opponent. Did I forget something? Join TSSAA, build your program as others have to do, let the girls prove how great they are in the tournament format, and stop whining.

Well I'm not whining! I just think it's funny that people talk about things that they really don't know about!  Again other than TWO players, no other player on the team was getting playing time at their zone school! So there's no need to recruit! Ask a parent of a child that attends there like me! No one had to recruit, if you know your kid has some talent, but not able to show it, you have to do whats best for your child.

I can understand both sides its just a slippery slope when kids can transfer and play midseason without having any penalties but its ok because they suffer also not being in TSSAA, he is coaching alot of kids that may not play much at other schools therefore they are getting great coaching something some schools may or may not want to take time to develop in kids and I don't mind a little yelling some kids respond to it some don't being a coach I'm sure he knows his kids and I wish all the kids good luck as the playoffs approach and I hope Lancaster will join TSSAA it will only make for more great basketball.

+1