Region IV-AAA or the Bye Bye Region

reftn

The state championship is about finding out who the best is and crowning a champ, not figuring out ways to help more qualify for the tournament.

5 dual divisions is ridiculous for TN. The state does not have near enough depth for that but it would allow basically every team in the state to qualify for the championship.

Go back to the YMCA, ideas like yours don't belong in high school sports.

I agree with rlwest. To suggest a district tournament on top of the region is borderline insanity. Let's step back and think.

First off, each team in the region is supposed to wrestle each other. Then there is the qualifier for the state duals. Then there is the state duals. Then there is the region. Then there is the state. Many times the best 2 wrestlers in the weight class are from the same region. If this is the case, then the same 2 kids would wrestle each other not once, not twice, not three times, not 4 times, but FIVE times. Add a district and now we have SIX times.

Do you want to bore the fans? Have the same kids wrestle 6 times in 2 months and see how exciting of a state finals match you will have.

Edited by Newestguy

I agree with rlwest. To suggest a district tournament on top of the region is borderline insanity. Let's step back and think.

First off, each team in the region is supposed to wrestle each other. Then there is the qualifier for the state duals. Then there is the state duals. Then there is the region. Then there is the state. Many times the best 2 wrestlers in the weight class are from the same region. If this is the case, then the same 2 kids would wrestle each other not once, not twice, not three times, not 4 times, but FIVE times. Add a district and now we have SIX times.

Do you want to bore the fans? Have the same kids wrestle 6 times in 2 months and see how exciting of a state finals match you will have.

are you a product the Hamilton county school system?you might possibly be able to get some money back what they tried to teach you in reading comprehension.

now we can discuss without being ugly.

several times on this thread I have advocated multiple divisions for state dual meets only. not individual

states.

would you have a problem with the reunification of done and d two?

You continue to display your ignorance and hypocrisy.

Use some of that superior west Tn reading comp skills and browse back over my post, slow down and pay special attention to where I specifically mention 5 DUAL divisions. You know, the ones you've been advocating?

Not being ugly, just stating that type of thinking needs to stay at the Y where it belongs. I guess you were one of the first at school to not be left behind.

NG that's not the way it works.

you wouldn't make region 4 a district.you could but then it would happen scenario you have stated.

normally the power is separated in two or three or four districts then those districts come together and form your regional from the regional you go state taking the top four every time.

Its a fantastic set up.

You continue to display your ignorance and hypocrisy.

Use some of that superior west Tn reading comp skills and browse back over my post, slow down and pay special attention to where I specifically mention 5 DUAL divisions. You know, the ones you've been advocating?

Not being ugly, just stating that type of thinking needs to stay at the Y where it belongs. I guess you were one of the first at school to not be left behind.

The state championship is about finding out who the best is and crowning a champ, not figuring out ways to help more qualify for the tournament.

5 dual divisions is ridiculous for TN. The state does not have near enough depth for that but it would allow basically every team in the state to qualify for the championship.

Go back to the YMCA, ideas like yours don't belong in high school sports.

My response didn't post for some reason.

West, my point is that the Duals is where divisions belong.  Not the Individual.  My understanding has long been that the increase in divisions is to grow interest in wrestling.  By adding another division, I cant see how that might persuade many if any additional kids onto a wrestling mat.

Duals is more team oriented like football or basketball.  You know, those sports that you "play."  If a football team wins a state title no matter the division, the entire team may boast the status of State Champion.  They may not have played a down, but they were part of the team and duly noted as state champ.  It allows 70-80 kids to lay claim to that and tell their grandchildren.

I have no problem with that in wrestling.  I think the Duals is the place to emphasize growing the sport.  By growing there it can only extend to the Individuals, but, like other team sports, if you have 50-70 on your wrestling team (AAA) or 20-30 on your wrestling team (A, AA, etc) you have the opportunity to be a state champ as in other team sports.

Five divisions of say, schools under 500 (A) students, 501-800 (AA), 801-1200 (AAA). 1201-1500 (AAAA) 1501+ (AAAAA).

A school could always wrestle up.

Then  in two weeks, 3rd weekend in February, we all come together and wrestle in the Individual States.