Cleveland BlueRaiders 2014

The sky is not falling

Team is banged-up...subbed 2's and 3's in with varsity early.

Defense got caught biting on the inside trap on the two long pass plays.

Live and learn...and get better.

I understand that and with that being said time is ticking. No one is gonna feel sorry for u because your bagged up. I haven't attended any of the scrimmages but I've yet to hear anything good.

I understand that and with that being said time is ticking. No one is gonna feel sorry for u because your bagged up. I haven't attended any of the scrimmages but I've yet to hear anything good.

Agreed...the time is now to gather up and get it together.

I wasn't looking for sympathy from anyone...just trying to shed some perspective on the matter.

Last year's scrimmages went much the same way and the year turned out pretty good in the end.

No need to give up on this team and this staff before they've started.

Well... Not so fast!

As it turns out, we may have em both.

Bradley has grown into the ranks of the 6A 32, which would pull them out of 5AAA, leaving a spot which could be filled by the bubble school... East Hamilton. Weird, huh?

Yea, this could happen.......  Here is why. Bradley moves up, East Ham moves up trust me no one to be in that district. Signal has 10 teams in the new 3A they already play up they move and take our spot in 4A. I like it.

Agreed...the time is now to gather up and get it together.

I wasn't looking for sympathy from anyone...just trying to shed some perspective on the matter.

Last year's scrimmages went much the same way and the year turned out pretty good in the end.

No need to give up on this team and this staff before they've started.

Not giving up at all but at somepoint there has to be some concern. This years team isn't no where as explosive or talented as last years team. I'm just saying they better get it together quick or mccallie will embarrass them

Not giving up at all but at somepoint there has to be some concern. This years team isn't no where as explosive or talented as last years team. I'm just saying they better get it together quick or mccallie will embarrass them

Well, last year's team you celebrate was embarrassed by McCallie, too.

No need to expect this year to be last year's team.  They are NOT the same kids and have very different skill sets.  It's not fair to hold them to that expectation.

Having said that, some of the most talented and explosive kids are either standing on the sidelines healing or playing hurt.  It's not an excuse but it is a reality.  Younger kids are either going to step up or learn under fire.  The one thing this team is not...deep.

They'll be fine.

Well, last year's team you celebrate was embarrassed by McCallie, too.

No need to expect this year to be last year's team. They are NOT the same kids and have very different skill sets. It's not fair to hold them to that expectation.

Having said that, some of the most talented and explosive kids are either standing on the sidelines healing or playing hurt. It's not an excuse but it is a reality. Younger kids are either going to step up or learn under fire. The one thing this team is not...deep.

They'll be fine.

I think your misunderstanding me checkerz. My point is all preseason we haven't looked good. Fans have seen it and outsiders have seen it. Will they get better sure.... But at the moment there is a level of concern.

I think your misunderstanding me checkerz. My point is all preseason we haven't looked good. Fans have seen it and outsiders have seen it. Will they get better sure.... But at the moment there is a level of concern.

I feel ya...

But, again...last year, we went through the same thing in pre-season. Everybody was all like, "here we go again..." but that team improved all year long.

This year, we knew coming in that we lost essentially our entire defense and would be building from the ground up.  That doesn't come without some concern, for sure.  We're also breaking in a new QB and a few receivers, and everybody's working their chemistry right now.

It's like turning a big boat around....can't do it on a dime.  It's gonna look clunky at times until they hit their stride and get some of the walking wounded back in the mix.

They'll be competitive when it matters most.   Folks gotta be patient and realistic.

I fear we are a little spoiled by the success.

I feel ya...

But, again...last year, we went through the same thing in pre-season. Everybody was all like, "here we go again..." but that team improved all year long.

This year, we knew coming in that we lost essentially our entire defense and would be building from the ground up. That doesn't come without some concern, for sure. We're also breaking in a new QB and a few receivers, and everybody's working their chemistry right now.

It's like turning a big boat around....can't do it on a dime. It's gonna look clunky at times until they hit their stride and get some of the walking wounded back in the mix.

They'll be competitive when it matters most. Folks gotta be patient and realistic.

I fear we are a little spoiled by the success.

Agreed