Outstanding Wrestler Awards

matguy94

Yes.....

Bcbiii

Good Morning Friend. 10 total placers from last year, 3 Finalists, 1 Champion. Of course you would say yes because Packy was a finalist last year. 74 placers this year from the small schools...success. I looked at it last night, glancing.....It would have been around the same type of results as last year. I counted maybe 13 placers and maybe 2 finalists. TSSAA should have cleared more money this year. I hope they reinvest the surplus to make it a better experience for the kids.

The a/aa wasn't very competitive to watch. There were state champs and finalist who wouldn't have even placed in any of the other divisions. I'm not going to say names but I've seen them get destroyed this year by kids who didn't place in the other divisions. The bad part is there are some who can compete no matter what division and they won't get the credit they deserve. The Mullins, Boatman, Evans, ect.. We just don't have the population, depth of talent and coaching and support to warrant three divisions. Will it make the sport grow? I think the sport will grow but it's going to take a long time ( 10+ years) to see any improvement .

The sport isn't going to grow exponentially at the High School level no matter what changes we make. I am really not a big fan of multiple individual state champs as I think it dilutes the accomplishment. Now that we have multiple division in the team duals, I am not sure that divisions in individuals really is going to keep kids in the sport at the high school level at all. If we want to build the sport in this state it has to start at the youth level which will then trickle to middle school level which will then build high school wrestling in the state.

The a/aa wasn't very competitive to watch. There were state champs and finalist who wouldn't have even placed in any of the other divisions. I'm not going to say names but I've seen them get destroyed this year by kids who didn't place in the other divisions. The bad part is there are some who can compete no matter what division and they won't get the credit they deserve. The Mullins, Boatman, Evans, ect.. We just don't have the population, depth of talent and coaching and support to warrant three divisions. Will it make the sport grow? I think the sport will grow but it's going to take a long time ( 10+ years) to see any improvement .

Edited by EzE