ALCOA POWERhouse !?

ALCOAgoon

Well.....Class for your response! I take great pride in being a part of our ALCOA family and when I hear or hear of ALCOA bashing it's ON! Heard a totally different version!

Not hiding behind Pen names as most all Alcoa fans know the GOON squad members and I'll give you great credit for responding the way you did! GOOD Luck!!!

Edited by ALCOAgoon

I'm not arguing who's better and who's not. That won't be determined until 2015. I'm just saying these four programs are there! So would you rather have a team championship at individuals or a team championship at duals? PF and Greeneville appear to be pounding the mat starting at a very young age. Hixon and Alcoa are doing things right somewhere as well. It should be fun to watch these teams make A/AA better. But even with that said, they don't stack up on the scale of other divisions and that should be the ultimate goal! Being the best or being compared to the best! 

Well.....Class for your response! I take great pride in being a part of our ALCOA family and when I hear or hear of ALCOA bashing it's ON! Heard a totally different version!

Not hiding behind Pen names as most all Alcoa fans know the GOON squad members and I'll give you great credit for responding the way you did! GOOD Luck!!!

This seems oddly firmiliar. Anybody remember when the ChattCentral troll got on and started spouting off nonsense a couple years ago...

Greeneville does have a kids program, 2 programs actually. They have a strong group of middle schoolers, Season & Conference Champions,  and a group with the Boys & Girls Club. They are part of TMSAA so the middle schoolers are unable to wrestle AAU until after the season concludes. Then the middle schoolers hit it heavy. Greeneville Wrestling has a bright future with the young talent coming up. Should make for some good matches on the high school mat.

Your too much, does 1A/AA have different pants because enrollment at a lot of those D2 schools is about the same as the big AA schools. Funny how people can make exceptions to the rule to fit their desired out come.

Yeah, maybe so. But I think you&I both know what 1Aaa & d2 coaches desired outcome is. We also have a fairly good feel for what the majority of 1aa coaches would prefer. As far as pants, you right... No difference. MY DESIRED OUTCOME... throw them ALL in the same traditional, again separate team points and let coaches and admin be happy,,, least important maybe let the kids get what they want. After all, what's all of this really about?
  • Upvote 1

KRider123,  I agree with how you or anyone else feels regarding the Evans situation and again I am a Alcoa parent. Do I feel it was right? Honestly , I don't. My comment is going to make some Alcoa parents mad. However, If it was my son's weight class and same situation. I would be upset too! Who wouldn't after watching their child strive all year to reach their goal!  So, you did the right course of action and took it up with TSSAA. However, many people did not. There were terrible comments made at state not only toward Evans but to other Alcoa wrestlers and parents. That was on whole reason I join was to voice my opinion.

As for Evan, he is a respectful kid with a passion for wrestling. I'm fortunate to had the pleasure of knowing him and the rest of the Alcoa wrestlers as long as I have.