REGION 5 AA.

NeWbLuE

I agree personal attacks no matter how true are probally uncalled for Saunders has a 2.0 GPA ok Saunder is a poor shooter is ok."Saunders is a punk" crossing the line. But with that said I agree the kid has to work on the addtitude CC fans likes to pass it of as him being a fierce competitor who will do anything to get the win. But the true colors of a fierce competitor comes out after a loss. I have tape of this kids reaction after lossing to Kenwood last year no CC fan would be proud of it. But good info I was wondering why he had no offers yet because I think he's good enough to play at the next level.

I'm sorry to rain on your precious parade here CC moms and dads, but in my opinion, Saunders shouldn't even be in this equation. Saunders spends more time in in school suspension than he does in class and his GPA is sub-2.0. If I was his coach, he would not be playing for me. Those are facts. When East defeated the Cubs on Thursday night, the Cubs looked like punks. Saunders had his jersey off before he went to the locker room! Even on the message boards the Cubs fans have made every excuse in the book. Whining about Darden getting poked in the eye was my favorite excuse though. He gets himself in foul trouble nearly every game. Therefore, you can't blame him being out of the game on anything other than he was sitting his normal foul trouble time just for a medical reason.

Maybe Saunders and his fan club won't embarrass Cheatham county too bad if anything goes wrong. Good Luck Cubs.

Posts like this have got to be against the board rules.  You can't just call out a kid like that on a public forum.  Put your name behind your post and don't be a coward. 

Also lookingFORtalent you keep bringing up Kenwood examples.  Don't make it out like Saunders is the only student-athlete who reacts in a disappointed way following a loss.  I'm sure it has happened on a few occasions at Kenwood (as well as every other high school in America) as well. 

Classy first post there. Sounds like Jake must have stolen your girlfriend. You may want to double check on those "facts" of yours. At least you were accurate in your assessment of Wes, but the rest of your post is obviously filled with jealousy, bitterness, lies,  and frustration which most likely stems from the fact that you either play or recently played for a team that never could beat the Cubs. If you are anything more than a child your post would be disturbing at best. Good luck to the War Eagles next year.

LOL

There is no way that Cheatham County loses by 20-25 points. 

Humble Pie!

I'll come out and say it right now.  The trio of Harlan, Darden, and Saunders will out play the trio of Bonds, Blackwell, and Allsmiller on Monday night.  I also believe that if Cheatham is to have a shot to win the game Austin Douglas has to step up and be the "x-factor" for the Cubs. 

Daniel Norl is a great basketball player but he is not the best player in the state of Tennessee.  That is a "homer" prediction if I have ever read one.

Speaking of Homer predictions. Did you predict one single thing right about this game? My guess is you never saw CPA play this year when you were running off at the lips loosely. Let see 7 points for Saunders 0 in the first half. Darden 2 point in the first 3 quarters and garbage points in the forth as the game was long decided. No blow out huh? This was the poster child of blow outs. Perhaps now you will admit maybe I'm not bitter about a prior loss. But instead that I truly saw a match up problem for CC everywhere on the court. Or maybe it's just that you were in such denial because you have a vested interest in the matter, can't blame you for supporting your team. Either way more humble pie my friend.

Humble Pie!

Speaking of Homer predictions. Did you predict one single thing right about this game? My guess is you never saw CPA play this year when you were running off at the lips loosely. Let see 7 points for Saunders 0 in the first half. Darden 2 point in the first 3 quarters and garbage points in the forth as the game was long decided. No blow out huh? This was the poster child of blow outs. Perhaps now you will admit maybe I'm not bitter about a prior loss. But instead that I truly saw a match up problem for CC everywhere on the court. Or maybe it's just that you were in such denial because you have a vested interest in the matter, can't blame you for supporting your team. Either way more humble pie my friend.

CPA showed me that they are ready to try and achieve the 3peat. But don’t want to start on the ifs and what could have been because bottom line is Drew was well prepared for CC. I think Coaching fell short for CC because they played one of the weaker teams CPA has had in the last four years. They are good because they are long, can shoot well, and well coached. CC had no zone offense plays and it showed. If public schools could get any kid they wanted I love to see East Nashville with Darden as the big man and play CPA. Great basketball good game. But I think the AAU team will 3peat.

CPA showed me that they are ready to try and achieve the 3peat. But don’t want to start on the ifs and what could have been because bottom line is Drew was well prepared for CC. I think Coaching fell short for CC because they played one of the weaker teams CPA has had in the last four years. They are good because they are long, can shoot well, and well coached. CC had no zone offense plays and it showed. If public schools could get any kid they wanted I love to see East Nashville with Darden as the big man and play CPA. Great basketball good game. But I think the AAU team will 3peat.

I know this is a 5AA thread, but I found the above statement interesting. I'm not sure how you can definitively say this year's CPA is the weakest in 4 years. First of all, they DEFINITELY are better than the 2010/11 team - no question. When looking at the other years, and having watched most of their home games, some road games and all of the regional and state tourney games, here is my opinion:

2011/12 - Fastest team and best guard play with Bradshaw, Bonds, and Wharton. Only 2 really good 3 point shooters with Allsmiller and Bradshaw. Not as good defensively as last 2 years and no one with the talent of Blackwell (Lindsey wasn't close). Very young team.

2012/13 - Best starting 5 of any year with Blackwell and Lindsey both on floor with Richard,Bonds, and Allsmiller. But Blackwell was still developing and Lindsey would sometimes disappear. Not quite as fast as previous year, but Bonds really was improved. Only losses or close games were to very good out of state teams. Spann a 3-point weapon off the bench and Howell strong off the bench.

2013/14 - 5th starter not as strong as previous year, but BY FAR best shooting team of the 3 years. Blackwell basically unstoppable and has gotten better during the season. Experience of Bonds, Allsmiller and Richard makes them run like a machine. Best transition team of the 3 years because Blackwell runs the floor so well. Lots of good shooters and help off the bench despite Howell being out all year with surgery.

So, which year is weakest or strongest of the last 3? Hard to say since they have been basically unbeatable all 3 years, but I like this team best due to the experience of Bonds and the talent of Blackwell, as well as 9+ 3-pointers per game.

Interesting discussion.

2013/14 - 5th starter not as strong as previous year, but BY FAR best shooting team of the 3 years. Blackwell basically unstoppable and has gotten better during the season. Experience of Bonds, Allsmiller and Richard makes them run like a machine. Best transition team of the 3 years because Blackwell runs the floor so well. Lots of good shooters and help off the bench despite Howell being out all year with surgery.

So, which year is weakest or strongest of the last 3? Hard to say since they have been basically unbeatable all 3 years, but I like this team best due to the experience of Bonds and the talent of Blackwell, as well as 9+ 3-pointers per game.

Interesting discussion.

Unlike teams of the past if Bonds gets into any foul trouble then guard play drops tremendously. Blackwell can definitely handle the ball but is good of enough to set up other players and control the flow of the games as bonds does. Last year if Bonds leaves the floor do to foul trouble you still have the pick and roll options with Blackwell and Lindsey. The year before that Bradshaw and Wharton would be able to pick up the slack. I like to see a team run box and one on CPA and deny Braxton Bonds the ball to see how the offense would flow.  And attack there shooters make them play defense. 

Unlike teams of the past if Bonds gets into any foul trouble then guard play drops tremendously. Blackwell can definitely handle the ball but is good of enough to set up other players and control the flow of the games as bonds does. Last year if Bonds leaves the floor do to foul trouble you still have the pick and roll options with Blackwell and Lindsey. The year before that Bradshaw and Wharton would be able to pick up the slack. I like to see a team run box and one on CPA and deny Braxton Bonds the ball to see how the offense would flow.  And attack there shooters make them play defense. 

Big and bold font doesn't make your point any better. :P I agree with the guard play comment and in the preseason threads I made that same point that CPA had little depth at guard and Bonds injury or foul trouble would change their team. However, I did not anticipate the improvement in Blackwell ball handling and their shooting.

"Make them play defense"???? They are the best defensive team in the state and nobody has to make them. They make themselves.

The trouble with a box and one on Bonds is that he can throw over the top and there is a sure 3 or easy basket. No one has been able to frustrate Bonds so far, and he has played against some of the best in the country. He is the one doing the frustrating and denying. Any defense you run on CPA to take away one player will allow the other 4 to kill you.

It's simple. To beat CPA you have to shoot very well and beat the pressure without turning it over. Then they don't get runouts. Easier said than done.