8AA

Onthedirt

"After winning two games Friday, the DeKalb County Tigerettes claimed five more victories Saturday to win the Gordonsville Tournament played at Cane Ridge Park in Cookeville.

In the tournament on Saturday, DeKalb County defeated Henry County 2 to 1, Gordonsville 1 to 0, Whitwell 4 to 3, Houston County 3 to 0, and Knoxville Powell 5 to 4. On Friday, the Tigerettes beat Cookeville 10 to 1 and Houston County 6 to 5."

From the local news site. Not sure what's up with the scores being taken down?

http://www.wjle.com/sports/tigerettes-win-gordonsville-tournament

It was actually Houston High School. A school in west Tennessee that's in the AAA division. Houston County is an A school. I initially made this mistake as well.

At the end of the day, Coach Bond has no history of running up the score this bad on opponents. And while some will complain about this game for months to come, I will use a little common sense and take it as an anomaly.

Like Meadows said, many times we've gotten completely creamed in other sports. It happens. And we often know it's going to happen. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season and I highly doubt the next York/DC will be that lopsided. Beginning to sound like one of those nights where nothing could go right. It happens, and will likely happen to DeKalb at some point this season.

31 points in 3 innings? That is insane. No use in complaining though, like previous posters have said Coach Bond has no history of running up scores. It is disrespectful to just lay down for other teams just because they are losing. DC has been on the other side in many other sports in the past. What comes around, goes around.

I agree with the Dekalb folks. I wouldn't tell my freshman to get out on purpose either. People complain all the time. Cry about how bad LA/Cannon/UH win in girls bball. Lots of crying about UH scores in football in 2013, Dekalb in 2012. If you don't want the score to be ugly, then at least have your starters beat the better teams freshman. If you can't, that's on your program.

• Upvote 1

I'm the only York parent that I know of that's commented on this thread and to my knowledge my post could not be taken as "complaining about the score being ran up". It was posted in defense of my dtr who was called upon to pitch although she isn't and never has been a pitcher. As for the others that seem to be defending the York team in a sense...I have no idea who they are but apparently they are not from York's area or they would have known the issues at hand regarding our backup/replacement pitcher. Looks more to me like they have a different opinion of sportsmanship, which everybody is entitled too. I will give it to Dekalb...they have a very good team. It happens that way at times. And somewhere down the road, they or another Dekalb team or any other team for that matter may have a night such that York had last night. I hope they don't cause it wasn't pretty at all. But, you know what, our girls continued to stay on the field regardless. My dtr continued to try and put the ball over the plate. Yeah, they got beat and got beat really bad. It's not the first time they have been beat and probably won't be the last. At least they didn't just walk off the field and forefit the game. Like one of the posts said...What goes around, comes around. Always has. Always will - evenutally. 

In regards to the post commending my dtr for stepping up and doing what she was asked to do, I appreciate that.  By the way, the pitcher that took a line drive shot to the hand - she's ok. No broken bones, just badly bruised and swollen.

I'm the only York parent that I know of that's commented on this thread and to my knowledge my post could not be taken as "complaining about the score being ran up". It was posted in defense of my dtr who was called upon to pitch although she isn't and never has been a pitcher. As for the others that seem to be defending the York team in a sense...I have no idea who they are but apparently they are not from York's area or they would have known the issues at hand regarding our backup/replacement pitcher. Looks more to me like they have a different opinion of sportsmanship, which everybody is entitled too. I will give it to Dekalb...they have a very good team. It happens that way at times. And somewhere down the road, they or another Dekalb team or any other team for that matter may have a night such that York had last night. I hope they don't cause it wasn't pretty at all. But, you know what, our girls continued to stay on the field regardless. My dtr continued to try and put the ball over the plate. Yeah, they got beat and got beat really bad. It's not the first time they have been beat and probably won't be the last. At least they didn't just walk off the field and forefit the game. Like one of the posts said...What goes around, comes around. Always has. Always will - evenutally.

In regards to the post commending my dtr for stepping up and doing what she was asked to do, I appreciate that. By the way, the pitcher that took a line drive shot to the hand - she's ok. No broken bones, just badly bruised and swollen.

Kudos to your child who stepped up to do what was asked of her. Also hoping the girl who was hit gets back to playing quickly.

We just got a little defensive when someone not connected to either program started slinging around the word classless.

Danny Bond was a teacher I had all four years of high school and had many talks with him then and since, and also attended many of his games. Classless is the last word that would describe him and I think many would agree.

We know that no one connected with YAI was complaining about the score being run up. Sounds like you said as well that it was just one of those games where nothing was going right. Good luck to you and your team the rest of the season.

Edited by dctiger

Kudos to your child who stepped up to do what was asked of her. Also hoping the girl who was hit gets back to playing quickly.

We just got a little defensive when someone not connected to either program started slinging around the word classless.

Danny Bond was a teacher I had all four years of high school and had many talks with him then and since, and also attended many of his games. Classless is the last word that would describe him and I think many would agree.

We know that no one connected with YAI was complaining about the score being run up. Sounds like you said as well that it was just one of those games where nothing was going right. Good luck to you and your team the rest of the season.

Understandable. I can see both side's points that were trying to be made. Thanks for the "kudos" and well wishes for the team and injured girl. She will be back in a couple weeks hopefully. Same goes to you and your team as well.