8AA

Onthedirt

I was hearing it was runs scored against EACH OTHER. We had 3, and they had 5. Now this is just saying if the games holds like it was. We would've had to score 6 in the top of the seventh to go ahead, and like I said, Hull wS on her game today.

Hull is as good as any when she is on.

DC got third in the tournament. I think Baylor won it.

Noticed one thing. Why did we use three different pitchers in the tourney? Caplinger didn't even pitch in a single game that I saw. Something happen to her or she just wasn't used? She's generally the first pitcher.

Your coach, if he is a good one, could be saving number 1 for tournament play.  It's not about who has the most regular season wins, but which team is best prepared for tournament play.  Some teams win a lot of regular season games and some teams win a lot of games at tournament time.  Some can do both but they are few and far between.

I have to disagree to an extent. How much "saving" is too much? Your first pitcher never getting to see the field because your saving her is going to be about as hard on her as playing her too much. Kids get used to a routine and messing up that routine at the end of the year is a big no no in any sport.

That being said, she WAS sick for the Coffee County tournament.

And like it or not, after this season she's going to be pulling major innings for DC regardless because she is the only pitcher coming back with any experience. The other three are seniors.

How many games has Hull sat out this year? I was under the impression she's been their only pitcher since about the time she stepped on the field her freshman year. I mean, I'm by no means an expert on softball but in just about every medium I've watched the sport in you hear how the style of pitching wears much less on the athletes' bodies, and that's why female pitchers can pitch SEVERAL games in a day or few days time while a male pitcher is usually only good for about one game.

District tournament begins Thursday, May 1st at Upperman HS.

3:30 #2 UHS vs. #7 SC

5:00 #1 DC vs. #8 York

6:30 #3 MC vs. #6 MCM

8:00 #4 CC vs. #5 LA

So is DC the #1 seed? Was just reading on the Herald Citizen that UHS was the champion? How did they determine it?

So is DC the #1 seed? Was just reading on the Herald Citizen that UHS was the champion? How did they determine it?

I am not sure. I just seen it on wjle and that is all the information they had. It seems weird that UHS would be crowned "champion", yet DC got the number 1 seed. Check out the WC football thread. I haven't heard anything about what's being said. I am curious if you can shed some light on it and verify anything.

I just read the article and the way I understood it was UHS and DC are co-champions. The coach said he thought they needed to outscore us by 3 runs to get the number 1 seed. It also said it would be verified this morning. It appears he misunderstood how the rule was written because they outscored us by more than 3, yet according to wjle we got the 1 seed.

I am not sure. I just seen it on wjle and that is all the information they had. It seems weird that UHS would be crowned "champion", yet DC got the number 1 seed. Check out the WC football thread. I haven't heard anything about what's being said. I am curious if you can shed some light on it and verify anything.

Just read what you were referring to and I didn't feel like starting a discussion with the warren folks whining about their program troubles. Not sure if the guys is legit or not. One minute he has a kid on our team and the next he's the leading expert on the WC youth football finances. If it's true, then fine. Both Boss and Mooneyham are great players also who were maybe a bit underused. But I'll have to wait until august to believe it.

I'm pretty out of the loop with DC football right now, to be honest.

As far as softball goes, I still think we are the favorites but playing the tourney on Uppermans field is going to be a mental hurdle our girls are going to have to overcome.

Edited by dctiger

Just read what you were referring to and I didn't feel like starting a discussion with the warren folks whining about their program troubles. Not sure if the guys is legit or not. One minute he has a kid on our team and the next he's the leading expert on the WC youth football finances. If it's true, then fine. Both Boss and Mooneyham are great players also who were maybe a bit underused. But I'll have to wait until august to believe it.

I'm pretty out of the loop with DC football right now, to be honest.

As far as softball goes, I still think we are the favorites but playing the tourney on Uppermans field is going to be a mental hurdle our girls are going to have to overcome.

Yeah it would still be a huge loss, but just gives other guys the opportunity to step up. It will be a tough challenge to beat Upperman on their home field, but it is doable.