Region 6-AA Tournament

bluedevilpride2012

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheatham has a very good team and a right to be proud of a great season. They have played their schedule and met all comers, so I take nothing away fromthat. They have 3 good wins, IMO - East, Livingston, and Kenwood. The rest of their schedule has been very weak.

IMO, if they had played CPA schedule they would have at least 5-6 losses. Maybe not, but just my opinion looking at their results.

With that said, they are good enough (as is East) to play very well and catch CPA playing bad and win. At this point, there are no guarantee wins.

Cheatham has a very good team and a right to be proud of a great season. They have played their schedule and met all comers, so I take nothing away fromthat. They have 3 good wins, IMO - East, Livingston, and Kenwood. The rest of their schedule has been very weak.

IMO, if they had played CPA schedule they would have at least 5-6 losses. Maybe not, but just my opinion looking at their results.

With that said, they are good enough (as is East) to play very well and catch CPA playing bad and win. At this point, there are no guarantee wins.

Cheatham has a very good team but I don't think they can play with CPA. They are one of those teams that if they have to play CPA to go to State probably loses out on a deserved shot at a State title. East the same way.

Take nothing away from Cheatham but unfortunately for them they may and I say may have to play CPA for a shot at State.

Oh I never said I EXPECT THEM TO WIN, but after CPA they have the MOST BALANCED team where whole starting line up can shoot on any given night IMO. I agree CPA prolly wins, but if THREE GUYS on Cheatham were to heat up then they would definitely AT LEAST be playing with CPA. before I saw them play I agreed with all the above about schedules and what not. (still do on some) but I am just saying I think they might have best shot at CPA if anyone does.

Edited by knightsfan

Congratulations to Coach Fey and his East Nashville team for winning the region championship in a hard fought game with Cheatham County.  Both teams are having a great year.  It may be just me, but was very disappointed in the Tennessean's headline about the game, did not give East Nashville the honor and respect it deserved for winning the region title over a previously undefeated team.  How do you win the region and the headline is the team that loses has to face CPA?  Sorry, don't agree. 

Congratulations to Coach Fey and his East Nashville team for winning the region championship in a hard fought game with Cheatham County.  Both teams are having a great year.  It may be just me, but was very disappointed in the Tennessean's headline about the game, did not give East Nashville the honor and respect it deserved for winning the region title over a previously undefeated team.  How do you win the region and the headline is the team that loses has to face CPA?  Sorry, don't agree. 

Some of that may stem from the pro-10aa announcer at the game who made a point of stating that the loser would travel to CPA multiple times throughout the game(only when East had the lead though) or the East fans chanting CPA as the game ended(I saw Mr. Cirillo in attendance). I completely agree that Coach Fey and that group of young men deserve all the credit in the world for winning the region championship and the focus should be on them and their accomplishment rather than the CPA-Cheatham game. Terry Holt was outstanding last night and a very deserving recipient of the Region MVP as well. However, we have all witnessed the Tennessean's love affair with all things CPA over the past couple of years so it is not all that surprising. Good luck to Coach Fey and the Eagles going forward. I know everyone thinks it is about as likely as winning the Powerball jackpot, but maybe, just maybe they will meet up with the Cubs one more time this year.

There will be no rematch this year. Cubs are done for this year. It is a shame such a great team has little chance. CPA could beat JUCO teams. Without Lindsey they may not be best in state but probably top 3. Biggest concern for CPA is they have not played any tough games since Ballard.

There will be no rematch this year. Cubs are done for this year. It is a shame such a great team has little chance. CPA could beat JUCO teams. Without Lindsey they may not be best in state but probably top 3. Biggest concern for CPA is they have not played any tough games since Ballard.

Cheatham beat CPA the last time the teams played on a basketball court and Jalen Lindsey was in uniform on that day as well. 

So when was that since CPA hasn't lost to a TN team in over 80 games? That must have been 3 years ago.

more like 90 now. It's all tough from here on out. Everyone is tough and one off game, the streak ends. Favorites get beat all the time in basketball. However, a 3-peat in TN HS basketball is a very rare thing historically, so I hope it happens.

Edited by sportsnerd