15A and west TN 1A basketball

Galilee

First of all I have never seen a fan base as strong as TCA. They came in record numbers last night. After watching the game vs. BTW and playing Riverside some things were very obvious. TCAIntense was correct in saying they have some athletes. Yes they do. The difference is that 16A has basketball players. On the football field athletes and be successful but in basketball you need players.  TCA would finish no better than fourth in 16A in basketball. Alomg with Adamsville they would do very well in football because of other variables you can win with athletes. I notice a lot of aspects of their team last night especially on defense that was missing. Most players on 16A team do not play football at all and devote all of their time to basketball and it shows. I was told 8 of their top 9 plays football also. Let me say this they were strong and tough and played very hard but BTW skill level was much better. Now 14A is a different story I have seen film on Humboldt and UC and they are for real.  Let me end by saying I really enjoyed your fans last night Intense and they  are great people and they are so passionate and LOUUUUUUUUDDDDD!!!!!!. I am looking forward to this fall and seeing you all during playoff time.

Edited by Galilee

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not see the entire Adamsville game. I di notice that they one real basketball player and he was killing BTW, the other players just stood and watched from the little I saw on the tape. TCA became frustrated early. I could tell they were use to the level of players on the floor. When they had to go man it was very one sided. I also could tell that their shooters were not use to the defense closing. so fast on them.

I did not see the entire Adamsville game. I di notice that they one real basketball player and he was killing BTW, the other players just stood and watched from the little I saw on the tape. TCA became frustrated early. I could tell they were use to the level of players on the floor. When they had to go man it was very one sided. I also could tell that their shooters were not use to the defense closing. so fast on them.

Galilee how is Manassas and can they play with Southside

That was the Cambell kid from Adamsville. He is a jr by next yr he may be best player in west tn. It's hard for rural players to compete with the speed from Memphis especially when they don't play against it until Feb and by then it's too late. By rural I mean outside of Jackson area. In Trinity's defense they have mostly young players I think. Will Franklin from BTW play in college somewhere?

First of all I have never seen a fan base as strong as TCA. They came in record numbers last night. After watching the game vs. BTW and playing Riverside some things were very obvious. TCAIntense was correct in saying they have some athletes. Yes they do. The difference is that 16A has basketball players. On the football field athletes and be successful but in basketball you need players.  TCA would finish no better than fourth in 16A in basketball. Alomg with Adamsville they would do very well in football because of other variables you can win with athletes. I notice a lot of aspects of their team last night especially on defense that was missing. Most players on 16A team do not play football at all and devote all of their time to basketball and it shows. I was told 8 of their top 9 plays football also. Let me say this they were strong and tough and played very hard but BTW skill level was much better. Now 14A is a different story I have seen film on Humboldt and UC and they are for real.  Let me end by saying I really enjoyed your fans last night Intense and they  are great people and they are so passionate and LOUUUUUUUUDDDDD!!!!!!. I am looking forward to this fall and seeing you all during playoff time.

Galilee,

Thanks for comments but highly disagree.  First of all, this is the first time in 3 years that we have not been in the finals of 8A.  We beat the #1 ranked in the state Westwood team in 2012 and #1 ranked BTW team in 2013.  Very difficult to beat teams of that caliber 3 years in a row.  TCA does have basketball players and they do play defense.  We would have finished 3rd in your district.  MAHS would not have finished above TCA.  Right now we are young but we also know that BTW was the better team.  This sophomore class plays travel ball and has seen BT and Mitchell type athletes for years.  Matter of fact we played against some of them in the Spring.  The Juniors have seen BT and Westwood in the past so they know how to play against those teams.  Todd Day said last night was BTW's best game of the year.  I'm sure we helped them out a lot but they did shoot the ball well.  Yes, our boys go from one sport to another but they do spend the Spring playing travel basketball and attend camps in the Summer.  To make the Regional semis three years in a row is a big accomplishment.  I feel very confident TCA will win District 15A the next two years and will win the first game of Regionals in the next two years.  The question is can they win a semi game against one of those two powerhouse teams?  I don't know but I do know they will compete.  We are much better than we showed last night.  Please understand I'm not saying we are better than BTW this year because we are not.  I'm just saying these boys have played a lot of basketball at a high level and the BT's and Mitchell's doesn't scare them.  We took a whipping last night but will be back for more next year.  They have to get stronger and more physical and that will happen with the weight room.  TCA has two more years to make it happen then it's going to be rebuilding time in basketball.  It is hard to compete against highly talented kids like BTW and Mitchell has when they only play basketball but hey that's just the hand we have been dealt and we have to deal with it.  Our boys played with BTW until the last 2 mins of first quarter and then they got scared because of a shot block or turnover or whatever reason you can think of.  I know one thing we have played 3 of 4 best teams in 1A this year.  We have played Humboldt, UC and BTW.  Of course Mitchell would be the other.  There are no better teams in the state than those 4.  I'm very confident TCA was a top 10 team.  Our record wouldn't allow us to be ranked and that was because the late start because of football players coming back in December.  I really think 1A state champ will be one of those 4 teams mentioned.  I give the edge to Mitchell and BTW.  Their overall quickness is at another level.  Middle and East Tn you better be prepared!!!

Can't argue Trinity record over the last 3 yrs. I don't know if they are a lock to win district next year or not. I'm not saying that anyone from Decatur Co will stand in their way but Adamsville will be hard to contend with. They have one player I don't think any team can stop and they will have that Birchum kid back too. Trinity may be different as compared to other teams because they do have all their players back next season but I don't think any othe 15A teams can keep up with Memphis. Adamsville is in same boat as Trinity with bball players that play football too. They have a real good football program.

One thing you must remember is that TCA won those games on their home floor. Mitchell and BTW has won regional and district games away from home. I still do not think they would finish ahead of MAHS. Next to Mitchell MHAS is the quickest team in our league. They lost to BTW because of size only. Watching the game last night I just did not see the skill set from TCA to really challenge our league. In football they would battle A-Ville with Mitchell a little behind those two. I do not see them winning most games away from home in basketball.

Playing travel basketball during the summer is not like playing for a school team. Even then they are not committed to basketball full time. As good TCA is in football those players must do football workouts in the spring and summer. Our kids play nothing but basketball year round. Even on the court last night I saw a lot of football in TCA players. The running back #3 on the football team was like the Hulk down low. His post moves were mostly on strenth alone. That is what I am saying. Our post players work on their footwork year round. I am not saying TCA is not a good team, they are, the players just do not have the basketbal skill set that Mitchell and BTW has.