7A

TNbaseball2014

Clarkrange looked like a different team tonight than they did against Hogeye on Thursday. This one counted. The Buffaloes won an exciting J.V. game 4-3 Webb threw 5 different pitchers. They all threw well. Clarkrange came out in the varsity game really fired up. The place was packed. I had to park at the gym because the parking lot was full. I'd bet they had over 500 fans at the game. York brought a big crowd. They left unhappy though. York scored 1 in the 1st, clarkrange 3. Clarkrange blew it open in the 2nd wieh 10 runs. they hit 4 or 5 line drives in a row, laid down a couple of bunts and even stole home to shock the dragons. The final was 14 to 7. CHS only made 2 errors and looked sharp on defense. I believe they are for real. We will see. 3 more games this week and Jackson county next Monday and tuesday. The excitement at the park was amazing. A huge crowd and a huge win! Tomorrow CHS host Coalfield at 5 and YAI host Oneida at 5, Good luck to both.

Their schedule shows that their first game is next Monday against Monterey. But I heard that game is canceled so their first game will be Tuesday against Monterey at their home field. I believe that is their home opener and season opener. I guess they are coming out and trying to surprise playing their first 6 games as district games

Jackson an Clarkrange game was not pretty inside the fence or around it. Jackson fans where yelling an so forth. The CHS coach was kicking stuff an throwing stuff. Hey chill folks its about the kids on the field. First district game and yes neither team looked very good but like I said it is the first district game.