Single A State Draws

jasonss

Additions and transfers only get thrown around during the years your team is not involved in these discussions. Every team wants to be better and every player wants to play for a winning program. Couple years from now, the same people that are bringing things like this up will be defending their team. To get on here and bring that up over and over is entertaining though.

Edited by jasonss

Additions and transfers only get thrown around during the years your team is not involved in these discussions. Every team wants to be better and every player wants to play for a winning program. Couple years from now, the same people that are bringing things like this up will be defending their team. To get on here and bring that up over and over is entertaining though.

Clarkrange and Jackson County girls programs have both had their fare share of transfers and as long as these two great coaches are there they will continue to attract players. It's the way of the world now a days. Good luck to Clarkrange and lets bring home ALL the hardware to District 7A yet again!

Edited by UCSportsFan

Then if that's the case they should have to play D2. Not all schools are blessed with good coaches or can afford them if that's the case. If you allow kids to transfer just so they can play for a certain coach is ridiculous. That's what AAU is for. They can play for whomever they want. Respect the rules, play where you live, grew up, practiced and show some respect and loyalty to the community where you got in a gym to develop your skills. Oh yea I forgot its just about WINNING these days. RIDICULOUS.

Then if that's the case they should have to play D2. Not all schools are blessed with good coaches or can afford them if that's the case. If you allow kids to transfer just so they can play for a certain coach is ridiculous. That's what AAU is for. They can play for whomever they want. Respect the rules, play where you live, grew up, practiced and show some respect and loyalty to the community where you got in a gym to develop your skills. Oh yea I forgot its just about WINNING these days. RIDICULOUS.

Wait a minute don't go over board here. Jackson County has 8 state championships and there were only 3 starters on those 8 teams that did not grow up in Jackson County so don't compare us to private schools!

Edited by UCSportsFan

The current Clarkrange girls team is made up entirely of girls that have grown up in Fentress County.  The "additions or transfers" that y'all keep referring to is an invalid point.  These are kids who were born and raised here and chose to attend high school where there is a reputable program.  I believe given the choice that these kids and parents were given, any athlete or parent who is dedicated to their sport would have made the same decision. I dont mind y'all throwing this around, but wow you can only beat a dead horse for so long.

The current Clarkrange girls team is made up entirely of girls that have grown up in Fentress County.  The "additions or transfers" that y'all keep referring to is an invalid point.  These are kids who were born and raised here and chose to attend high school where there is a reputable program.  I believe given the choice that these kids and parents were given, any athlete or parent who is dedicated to their sport would have made the same decision. I dont mind y'all throwing this around, but wow you can only beat a dead horse for so long.

Totally agree!

Yea your right the "additions" .make them better a lot better. I wonder what York thinks about losing the additions. Don't count out Meigs just yet. I heard they beat York this summer ( while they had the "ADDITIONS" by 30 at crossville tourney). Then the additions show up at CR. So don't overlook the CARDIAC KIDS from Meigs. They are pretty good without ADDITIONS.

Will be routing for Meigs County. Lady Tigers will have a physical presence inside, they have a couple of girls who can score and are very solid at the point. Jason Powell will have them ready. They will have to get past those Round 1 jitters and playing in the open atmosphere at Middle.

I've seen Clarkrange play three games this year, and I've seen Meigs Co. play three games this year.  McMinn Co. is a mutual opponent that Clarkrange beat by 21 points, and Meigs Co. beat by 20 and 34 points (two games).  I'm pulling for Meigs, but I think the winner of this game will be the team that shoots the 3 best, and doesn't get their best players in foul trouble.

Edited by blitzinbuc