Single A State Draws

jasonss

I'm sure there'll be many who disagree with me, but IMO York would still have struggled to have a winning record if these girls had gone there. Clarkrange would have still had a good team and a winning record without them, but not the powerhouse that they now have, and will have for the next three years. Jackson co. would still have been an A powerhouse without the transfer that they have but possibly not quite as strong. Players and their 'parents' want to attend winning programs with better coaches. Many of the better, more successful coaches encourage or do nothing to discourage good players transfers from other programs. A few very good coaches (one of the best that I know) do not! This just happens to be the facts. Like it or not. Nothing is going to change.

With the talent Clarkrange already has, I think I'd want my daughter going somewhere that she could get more playing time and be a part of helping turn a program around, or return them to their former days of glory.  How are these parents going to feel if they live close to York and drive their child by the school every day to another school only to see their daughter get little playing time and possibly never make the starting lineup?  It's not like it's fearing competition for a young lady to not go to Clarkrange, it's more common sense to me for them to attend the closest school and not have the expense and danger of being on the road so much (yes, I know the schools are relatively close).  If they're good enough they'll be seen by colleges, I assure you.  And though it wasn't mentioned, most AA schools have more to offer academically than an A school.  To me, the academics should be the first thing a parent looks at before anything else. 

I respect the coach you mentioned who doesn't recruit or solicit.  In my opinion, a coach who does that is only concerned about padding his stats - possibly to jump ship at a better coaching opportunity or to be a coaching legend.  No once can convince me that a coach who does that has the young lady's best interest in mind....merely what she can do for him.

It's a parent's business what they do with their daughter, and I'm not indicating they're in the wrong to take their daughter to another school just for basketball.  I guess I'm just saying it would probably be the wrong thing for me if that was the only criteria.

With the talent Clarkrange already has, I think I'd want my daughter going somewhere that she could get more playing time and be a part of helping turn a program around, or return them to their former days of glory.  How are these parents going to feel if they live close to York and drive their child by the school every day to another school only to see their daughter get little playing time and possibly never make the starting lineup?  It's not like it's fearing competition for a young lady to not go to Clarkrange, it's more common sense to me for them to attend the closest school and not have the expense and danger of being on the road so much (yes, I know the schools are relatively close).  If they're good enough they'll be seen by colleges, I assure you.  And though it wasn't mentioned, most AA schools have more to offer academically than an A school.  To me, the academics should be the first thing a parent looks at before anything else. 

I respect the coach you mentioned who doesn't recruit or solicit.  In my opinion, a coach who does that is only concerned about padding his stats - possibly to jump ship at a better coaching opportunity or to be a coaching legend.  No once can convince me that a coach who does that has the young lady's best interest in mind....merely what she can do for him.

It's a parent's business what they do with their daughter, and I'm not indicating they're in the wrong to take their daughter to another school just for basketball.  I guess I'm just saying it would probably be the wrong thing for me if that was the only criteria.

I don't believe any of the coaches that I was referring to are looking to jump ship and there're all already a "Legend" in the Upper Cumberland area and other areas of the state where girls BB is followed closely. I find it strange that you would even make this kind of post, since you seem to hop from school to school in your support. 

I don't believe any of the coaches that I was referring to are looking to jump ship and there're all already a "Legend" in the Upper Cumberland area and other areas of the state where girls BB is followed closely. I find it strange that you would even make this kind of post, since you seem to hop from school to school in your support.

Good post rabbit. He is clueless on this matter.

So you are saying most parents don't want what they think is best for their kids?? Now that's RIDICULOUS!

On a side note I strongly recommend you ask tomorrow who their parents are and tell them yourself how you feel about this. It might make you feel better since you are taking away what this thread is actually about.

Regardless of what happens for a team off the bottom side to win it is gonna be tough. #1,#2,#3,#5 on the bottom . #20, #7,#11,#24 on top .....That's crazy....so much for being good all year. That means nothing come State time. #1 plays #3...WOW.

welcome to the TSSAA equivalent of the NBA ping pong ball pull for 1st draft pick...