Transfers at State Championshiips

granddadone

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see the big deal! An athlete should be given one free pass to change schools without being penalized. Sometimes a different school is a better fit! By the way, Bradley had no transfers!!!!

You might be right. Some player's families can't afford to rent a second home or move on a whim. Bradley did have a transfer last year.

No one cares! No will ever care. This is a retarded discussion. Nothing will ever be done. Nothing can be done because AAU has ruined kids cause they have no loyalty or work ethic and think everything should be handed to them. I know there are exceptions to the rule but that seems the norm now.

Perhaps, but If the TSSAA is only going to be concerned about pizza money then what good is it?

I guess when I left S.R. Butler High School in Huntsville, Alabama after my freshman season of basketball, then moved to Manchester's Coffee County High School the beginning of my sophomore year only to then move to Smyrna High School as basketball season was about to start I was being recruited left and right?  Had nothing to do with my mom remarrying a few years after my dad died and my stepfather convinced her to move to Manchester and then Smyrna for his job?   How does any governing board tell the difference between my moving and someone else?   That is the dilemma.... 

Good points, but the transfer fever will continue at some schools until the TSSAA gets a backbone!! Every coach or administrator who encourages a child to transfer should be fired. Way too many young women spend years working their butts off for a school only to have someone walk in from out of town and put them on the bench. I would really like to know if any school without transfers has won a state championship in the last several years.

Sounds more like sour grapes...Meaning someone must have transferred in and took your hard working daughters place, which put her on the bench. Coaches are going to play the best players, unfortunately sometimes working hard still just isnt enough.

I have argued for years! Seems like anytime a program becomes dominant, people start yelling , "recruit, recruit, recruit.." Winning programs often draw players to them, more so than recruiting. All of my kids started a d ended and the same school. But believe me, after some influential parents ran off one of the best coaches in the state, my daughter wanted to move desperately. And we considered it. There are often underlying reasons to why athletes transfer!!!!

There was a school disciplined for hosting pizza events a few years back if I remember right. If there is evidence there might be consequences. It might take a disgruntled parent to provide it.

Indian,  I have watched you're posts for a few years and have a lot of respect for them.  You bring up a lot of good points, but.....  I don't think most disgruntled parents would cause a big stink if they knew their child would be benched or kicked off the team if they are still playing and their parents were bringing this up.  It could cost them the opportunity to play in college on someone else's dime.

I will say that at least one team in the state tournament was playing with 5 players on the roster that were not zoned for their school for their incoming freshman year.  The key is that they are all legal transfers per the TSSAA rules.