2014 5-AAA Football

GOOSESDAD

Yeah...pretty lame, especially in the later part of the game.  Flags everywhere...midfield discussions among refs (to decide what to call for all the flags they threw?) phantom penalties, and the annual ridiculousness where they warn players against any gesture, talk, or "celebration".

Score wasn't indicative of the game...refs kept it closer than reality.

I thought you were talking about Bradley Walker valley there for a minute same thing in that one.

For determining who finishes where in the district, it then goes to head-to-head...and gets more complicated after that.

However, for the playoffs, the whole thing is based on ranking/seeding from their formula...which considers overall record, opponents with greater than .500 record, and wins/losses  vs. "quality" opponents.  All teams are then ranked by points and the top 8 in the quad get in.  Also, if more (or less) in your quad qualify, there could be bleed-over from the "natural" quad next door...

In other words, we could have teams like Anderson County, Oak Ridge, Sullivan South, or West actually in Quad 2 this year, depending on how it all shakes out.

Glad this is the last year of that mess...

another big "if"...

Soddy still has to play Bradley, Walker Valley, and East Hamilton.   Chances are, they'll get at least one more district loss from the three.

Same goes for McMinn, still playing Bradley, Walker, and Ooltewah.

Cleveland has the best chance to rise to the end...only 2 games left.

Edited by CheckerboardEndzone

5AAA....

YOU KNOW....I HAVE BEEN SITTING BACK LISTENING TO ALL THE TALK ABOUT PLAYIN A "TUFF" SCHEDULE AND HOW IT MAKES YOU BETTER IN THE PLAYOFFS....I CHUCKLED....

FIRST QUESTION...WHEN YOU PLAYED THE "TUFF" TEAMS....DID YOU WIN????

SECOND.....IN THE PLAYOFFS COULD YOU SEE AN IMPROVEMENT IN YOUR TEAM'S PERFORMANCE AGAINST THE TOUGHER TEAMS OR WAS IT MORE OF THE SAME???

OR DID YOUR PLAYOFF WINS COME AGAINST THE OPPONENTS IN YOUR DISTRICT UNDER THE SAYING "YOU CAN'T BEAT THE SAME TEAM TWICE" AND YOU WERE JUST HAPPY TO BE IN THE PLAYOFFS....AND BE THE LAST MAN STANDING IN YOUR DISTRICT????

TENNESSEE, AUBURN, AND ALABAMA PLAYED UTC THE LATTER 2 WON NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS WITH THE SEC CUPCAKE ON THEIR SCHEDULE...NO EXCUSES :popcorneater:

5AAA....

YOU KNOW....I HAVE BEEN SITTING BACK LISTENING TO ALL THE TALK ABOUT PLAYIN A "TUFF" SCHEDULE AND HOW IT MAKES YOU BETTER IN THE PLAYOFFS....I CHUCKLED....

FIRST QUESTION...WHEN YOU PLAYED THE "TUFF" TEAMS....DID YOU WIN????

SECOND.....IN THE PLAYOFFS COULD YOU SEE AN IMPROVEMENT IN YOUR TEAM'S PERFORMANCE AGAINST THE TOUGHER TEAMS OR WAS IT MORE OF THE SAME???

OR DID YOUR PLAYOFF WINS COME AGAINST THE OPPONENTS IN YOUR DISTRICT UNDER THE SAYING "YOU CAN'T BEAT THE SAME TEAM TWICE" AND YOU WERE JUST HAPPY TO BE IN THE PLAYOFFS....AND BE THE LAST MAN STANDING IN YOUR DISTRICT????

TENNESSEE, AUBURN, AND ALABAMA PLAYED UTC THE LATTER 2 WON NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS WITH THE SEC CUPCAKE ON THEIR SCHEDULE...NO EXCUSES :popcorneater:

playing good teams make you better, nobody gets better by beating up on bad teams. Doesn't mean a team with a weak schedule can't go far in the playoffs.

playing good teams make you better, nobody gets better by beating up on bad teams. Doesn't mean a team with a weak schedule can't go far in the playoffs.

BRAINERD SHOULD MAKE A DEEP RUN IN THE PLAYOFFS....IT'S GOOD TO HAVE TREATS AND TRICKS TO MIX IT UP....BUT YOU CAN'T CONTROL THE TREATS IN YOUR DISTRICT... TEAMS ARE DOWN SOMETIMES OR EITHER  CONTENDERS......I DON'T KNOW OF ANY TEAM THAT ONLY HAVE TOUGH TEAMS ON THEIR SCHEDULE....JUST BEAT UP THE CUPCAKES AND FACE THE TOUGH TEAMS AND SEE HOW GOOD THE TEAM REALLY IS....YOUR TEAM CAN GET BETTER AND THE TOUGH TEAM COULD BE REBUILDING.......WEAK??? IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE GOLD BALL IN THE END....IT DON'T MATTER WHO YOU PLAYED....TOUGH OR WEAK....