2014 5-AAA Football

GOOSESDAD

Well after watching the Bears offense come alive last night I would say we have a better chance than I originally thought.

Course neither team brought much defense. lol

McMinn turned the ball over 3 times and Bradley scored all three. McMinn never punted, and Bradley punted twice in the 4th, from being ultra conservative and dealing with late flags..

The killer... (McMinn had 2 interceptions, one late to stop a drive) was the fumble on the Kickoff right before halftime, giving Bradley the chance to hit two TD's in the space of 45 seconds. coach Cagle was upset enough to mouth off at a Bradley player. Course we ended up with a PF and kicking from the 25, but still.....

Long runs, power runs, passes, great escapes and wild plays. This game had it all. I am sure people who were watching twitter feeds and other score updates were going what the heck is going on up there. Halftime was 42-22.

Ok now the mystery to be solved, and I have not heard anything yet.

At the end of the 3rd QTR. Bradley was going to punt. 4th and 10 on their own 32. Bradley lets the clock run down to 0:00 and goes into the 4th. When the officials line up the ball it's on the Bradley 48 and it's 1st and 10. No one around me saw any flags. I am sure there is an explanation but, have not found it yet.

Does McMinn have the weapons to contend with Ooltewah this year? I've not seen them and records can be very deceiving.

Well after watching the Bears offense come alive last night I would say we have a better chance than I originally thought.

Course neither team brought much defense. lol

McMinn turned the ball over 3 times and Bradley scored all three. McMinn never punted, and Bradley punted twice in the 4th, from being ultra conservative and dealing with late flags..

The killer... (McMinn had 2 interceptions, one late to stop a drive) was the fumble on the Kickoff right before halftime, giving Bradley the chance to hit two TD's in the space of 45 seconds. coach Cagle was upset enough to mouth off at a Bradley player. Course we ended up with a PF and kicking from the 25, but still.....

Long runs, power runs, passes, great escapes and wild plays. This game had it all. I am sure people who were watching twitter feeds and other score updates were going what the heck is going on up there. Halftime was 42-22.

Ok now the mystery to be solved, and I have not heard anything yet.

At the end of the 3rd QTR. Bradley was going to punt. 4th and 10 on their own 32. Bradley lets the clock run down to 0:00 and goes into the 4th. When the officials line up the ball it's on the Bradley 48 and it's 1st and 10. No one around me saw any flags. I am sure there is an explanation but, have not found it yet.

Bo Cagle exploded on the sidelines at the head official who controls the 25 second play clock because it did not start when the game clock was running down, thus giving the Bears a chance to let the 3rd period run out. His temper led to a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty which made the 4th and 2 a first down for the Bears. The officials let him vent way too much and he should have received another penalty on the same call.

The closer it gets to the post season the more excited I get!

There is no clear favorite and no team that is head and shoulders above the rest.

My Owls have got just as good of a chance than the others.

And i hope that 5AAA will jump on the bandwagon of the last man standing and support 5AAA

just as I did in 2013 being the first to hit the mothballs.

IMO the Owls are the best team in 5AAA and plan to represent the district.

No brain freeze with the last 2 opponents.

We ready. Believe that!!#LOP

ote name="PassiveAggressive" post="3236310" timestamp="1413723820"]The closer it gets to the post season the more excited I get!

There is no clear favorite and no team that is head and shoulders above the rest.

My Owls have got just as good of a chance than the others.

And i hope that 5AAA will jump on the bandwagon of the last man standing and support 5AAA

just as I did in 2013 being the first to hit the mothballs.

IMO the Owls are the best team in 5AAA and plan to represent the district.

No brain freeze with the last 2 opponents.

We ready. Believe that!!#LOP#LOP #goOwls

# BIGBOYFOOTBALL AT IT'S BEST! !!

Bo Cagle exploded on the sidelines at the head official who controls the 25 second play clock because it did not start when the game clock was running down, thus giving the Bears a chance to let the 3rd period run out. His temper led to a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty which made the 4th and 2 a first down for the Bears. The officials let him vent way too much and he should have received another penalty on the same call.

Now that makes sense. I figured there had to have been a penalty but we never saw the flag or what it was for.