Gomab's Top 100 Juniors

CoachT

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching Saturday's classic game between Cleveland High and Bradley, I must still say that three of the top 25 juniors played in that game. Hare, Pickel and Cooper could be anywhere in your top 25. There is not much difference between the three. Hare is the strongest, Pickel plays awesome defense and may be the purest shooter of the three, and Cooper is fast and can handle the ball. He can also be a offense show if need be. Hare is averaging around 20 points a game, with Pickel and Cooper both hovering around the 17-18 point mark. All three have impressive stats in the assist and steal categories and Hare rebounds well for a guard. All three can play PG as well as guard. And most impressively, these stats have come against quality teams and all three play on state-ranked ball clubs. Yes, these three are in a class of there own in District 5AAA and in most of the state. My bet is that all three will be two-year state candidates.

Where is Jay Skinner from Nashville Christian? Or Jarrett Anderson from Nashville Chrsitian? both are averaging around 15 a game and Skinner avgs. about 2-3 steals, 6-8 boards and a few assists from the wing. Skinner has one of the prettiest jumpshots around and can drive and finish around the basket with either hand. He also has mad hops and plays good defense. he is around 6'1". and Jarrett can flat out shoot the 3. He is Charlie Anderson's grandson and is around 6'1''. pair them up with 6'1'' Junior PG David Anderson, and Cam Biggs and Chris Walker off the bench you will have the best backcourt in class A next year (if not this year too). :)

Guest LALaker

THis kid is not known at all but he is a great player. I think that Renfroe from Hume Fogg should be on the top 100 juniors list. He is no taller than 6 foot and weighs no more than 140-150 but he manages to probably lead the team in rebounds and has 3 double doubles this year on points and rebounds. He plays great defense and can score at will. I know he has to be at least top 100 material if not more.

Gomab that is a fairly decent ranking of juniors I suggest Jerrell Houston from East be moved down, Shaun Williams, be moved up, Rorey Lawrence dropped down, and Johnathan Ball(Cant display real potential because of the system of his team) moved up, Riley Irvin is way to low on the list. Thats about it. My bad jerrel needs to be dropped lower than Andre Allen

[Edited by komplete on 2-2-03 7:28P]

Guest jz13o4xtr8

wow how can leave off Nathan Harris from Macon County? He is like carrying his team by himself and he has the highest field goal percentage. come on coach t show some love and put him up there where he belongs.

Thanks for the post, komplete.....

I Love Jerrell's game, and he is a big time propspect even if he isn't getting the touches he deserves.....

Lawrence is a big time player as well.....

Ball was great when I saw him last night, but it's hard to move him up any higher.....

Ervin is ranked very highly, and deservedly so..... It's tough to really move him up or down.....

bballfan003, what did he say that was untrue? I believe Gomab qualified his statement by saying "he heard>" Do you really expect him to actually see every player. He has to use some criteria. It may not be perfect, but he appears to have a lot of supporters.

I suppose you are speaking about the Josh Stephens that plays for York and not Josh Stephen that plays for David Lipscomb who is listed on Gomab's top 100 seniors.

JMO.

[Edited by khopkins on 2-3-03 10:51P]

Gomad you obviously haven't seen josh stephens (york) play if you had you would never have made such a comment as to his ability to handle the rock and D someone up. york has a good team and he is a big part of that. So before you diss someone's ability to ball you might want to see them play instead of takin somone elses word for it (just a thought)!