Top 10 Freshman

LightsOutWrestler

I did forget Walling, he should be on this list as well as Matthews. Where is Walling going to school, Mt Juliet or Ryan?

I did forget Walling, he should be on this list as well as Matthews. Where is Walling going to school, Mt Juliet or Ryan?

If he was too old for AAU, will he also be too old to compete in high school as a junior or senior?

Isn't there a rule about turning 19 as a senior?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he was too old for AAU, will he also be too old to compete in high school as a junior or senior?

Section 9. No student shall be eligible to participate in any athletic contest during any school year if he/she becomes 19 years of age on or before August 1.

It is possible to be too old for AAU competition but still be eligible for all 4 years of high school competition.  There are several kids I am aware of this year that fall into that category.

For some reason I thought Dooley was an 8th grader. Scratch him from the list.

I’m not hat familiar with the DII lineups and who would be starters. I think Rippy, Salter, and Moultry could all be State Qualifiers next year for Beech and Siegel.

REALLY, wishful thinking. I see Rippy being the only starter on a team next year. State qualifers, thats a long shot. Let's just hope they start.

REALLY, wishful thinking. I see Rippy being the only starter on a team next year. State qualifers, thats a long shot. Let's just hope they start.

I don't see why it's wishful thinking from Salter.  It would be a surprise if any of them didn't start next year.  Moultry and Salter shouldn't have a problem starting on a team that is a little weaker.  Beech has a couple medalists around Rippy's weight, but there are some weak spots he will probably fill.  As for qualifying, it isn't that hard to make it out of your region.  I'm not saying it is easy, but wrestlers of their caliber should be able to do it.  It's not like Salter said they would all medal next year.  I wouldn't even count Rippy out of doing that though.  His older brother has already placed as a Freshman and Sophomore, and he is supposed to be better.

I don't see why it's wishful thinking from Salter.  It would be a surprise if any of them didn't start next year.  Moultry and Salter shouldn't have a problem starting on a team that is a little weaker.  Beech has a couple medalists around Rippy's weight, but there are some weak spots he will probably fill.  As for qualifying, it isn't that hard to make it out of your region.  I'm not saying it is easy, but wrestlers of their caliber should be able to do it.  It's not like Salter said they would all medal next year.  I wouldn't even count Rippy out of doing that though.  His older brother has already placed as a Freshman and Sophomore, and he is supposed to be better.

OK... I don't like the fact that we are putting extra pressure on these kids... Let them get at least a half season before we start building these cats up... I believe each and everyone of them will be fine high school wrestlers... but lets not place a target on them just yet!

The only way it puts extra pressure on them is if they are on here reading these posts, and think they have to live up to what random people write.  As for placing targets, I don't think anyone is doing that either.  If they have a target, it is because they earned it on the mat.  It is their state and national titles that are creating a target, not people posting about them.  Their names wouldn't have even came up if not for what they accomplished on the mat.