West Tennessee Football (3A)

mrhoward21

Lewis will be ok this year. A lot of good players were on the field against Giles in the spring scrimmage. It looked like coach Sharp has plenty to work with.

BigPurpleMachine. Unlike ya Milan team us folks down here in Giles have no geographic home. If they put us in the West we go to the dance. In the East we keep stumbling in the semi's. We are not "middle". We are Southern. B)

You guys are successful no matter where they put you... I respect that.

Thanks. Having a close friend in Milan, I have always admired their program. It's interesting that Milan & Pulaski share almost identical demographics. I think we both share about the same mixture of city/country folks. It makes for a good place to live and good Friday night football. As long as we can strive to achieve Milan's consistency I'll be happy.

I have another thought about successful programs. Parents. Supportive parents. At Giles we have had some great staffs & players over the last few years. But, the commitment of the parents along with their support has been the key in my opinion. They are there to help any way that is needed but they stay out of the "sideline coaching" boxes. And we have a good group coming up. So with the parents & community cheering us on Giles should be competitive for a while.... :ugeek:

Thanks. Having a close friend in Milan, I have always admired their program. It's interesting that Milan & Pulaski share almost identical demographics. I think we both share about the same mixture of city/country folks. It makes for a good place to live and good Friday night football. As long as we can strive to achieve Milan's consistency I'll be happy.

I have another thought about successful programs. Parents. Supportive parents. At Giles we have had some great staffs & players over the last few years. But, the commitment of the parents along with their support has been the key in my opinion. They are there to help any way that is needed but they stay out of the "sideline coaching" boxes. And we have a good group coming up. So with the parents & community cheering us on Giles should be competitive for a while.... :ugeek:

Thanks for the kind words. I agree with you 100%about the parental and community support. Best of luck to you all this year :)

I understand your defending your team. That's understandable. You should know then that the talent level is down and the Jr high isn't exactly producing winning seasons. No more Vick, no more Webster, lost a lot on the line. A lot of guys are going to have to step up and fill big shoes. Yes Camden has a big line..then why in the world do they continue to run the Wing T? The lineman struggled last year with pulling, if not for Websters athletic ability and quickness, they would not have been effective. It is what it is.

DeShawn Brown, RB, Camden, TN (2016)

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2611355/deshawn-brown

Testing: 5-8/185, 4.54 40, 35 Vert

Comments: Brown was one of several really rocked up running backs in this camp. He first caught my eye during two-on-twos by showing excellent change of direction and acceleration. This young man dominated linebackers using his speed, size and strength. He was then able to reach out and catch the ball away from his body. His frame will easily hold another 15 pounds making him a sure fire DI every down back. The testing numbers he put were excellent and they transferred to the playing field.

He could work on running with lower pad level especially before contact. This will keep him healthy while making more yards after contact.http://www.nucsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23100&ATCLID=209524041

There is your answer for losing Webster....we just reload year after year..credit the weight program and hard working coaches and kids

I love your wishful thinking though..Our Jr. high only had one down year last year was the first non winning season there in about 12 years..this years  Jr High team looks strong,big  and fast...

Edited by Beagle

DeShawn Brown, RB, Camden, TN (2016)

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2611355/deshawn-brown

Testing: 5-8/185, 4.54 40, 35 Vert

Comments: Brown was one of several really rocked up running backs in this camp. He first caught my eye during two-on-twos by showing excellent change of direction and acceleration. This young man dominated linebackers using his speed, size and strength. He was then able to reach out and catch the ball away from his body. His frame will easily hold another 15 pounds making him a sure fire DI every down back. The testing numbers he put were excellent and they transferred to the playing field.

He could work on running with lower pad level especially before contact. This will keep him healthy while making more yards after contact.http://www.nucsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23100&ATCLID=209524041

There is your answer for losing Webster....we just reload year after year..credit the weight program and hard working coaches and kids

I love your wishful thinking though..Our Jr. high only had one down year last year was the first non winning season there in about 12 years..this years Jr High team looks strong,big and fast...

We shall see come Oct 17th

We shall see come Oct 17th

for some reason  I am not scared of that date! How long has it been since Waverly beat Camden in Football?I know it will end eventually but not this season.   I am not talking about JR high football where yall seem to win at home very year with Jim,Billy and Fred pulled out of the stands to ref the games...lol

Edited by Beagle

11 years. It WILL happen this year my friend!!

When the game gets closer we will see if you still feel that way...You guys have a great new coach! From what I have heard he is working their butts off...even got the Basketball players out there...it takes a lot more than one off season and the basketball team  to turn it around..the right program is in place and continued community support and it will get done

Edited by Beagle

When the game gets closer we will see if you still feel that way...You guys have a great new coach! From what I have heard he is working their butts off...even got the Basketball players out there...it takes a lot more than one off season to turn it around..the right program and continued community support and if will get done

I've tried to tell fbhighway many times that it will take time and Waverly will be better this yr but it will not happen in one offseason.

Edited by alltime

I've tried to tell fbhighway many times that it will take time and Waverly will be better this yr but it will not happen in one offseason.

You cant blame him for his  optimism on the matter..they are a Basketball town and boy oh boy are they good at it...and a Basketball team can be turned around in one off season or  by one coach heck even  by one player..he will see that footballs a bit more complicated than that.

Edited by Beagle