Spring practice at Chatt central

tistheseason

I have heard the same thing about the center position since before the dead period...that is a positive I think...we got a freshman that is good enough to over take a senior!  Pounder said some still had to buy in.  Too bad it is a senior offensive lineman! Kid should be leading the team.

Step up or step out!

Edited by fishheadspin

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are pretty high on the kid. He could see a lot of playing time this year. He probably will not start at first but u never know. Yes I think tomorrow will show some things that need a lot of improvement and some good things also. Especially with our center position because he is suppose to be the man because of his experience. We will see about him. We do have others that played a lot on the o line but they will be for now on D line. After some things are seen I think some players will be woke up. Remember this will show if they , some players, really want to play.

Edited by Pounder1

Guidry is a good kid. He doesn't always seem like hes practicing 100% but game day he gives his all and does a good job. I'd hate to see him not start just to prove a point. I don't know the freshman but the only freshman that I've seen that deserved to start was Metcalfe. There's always exceptions and maybe this guy is the next NFL great. I have no idea.

Edited by tistheseason

More than anything..Guidry has good game experience.  The coaching staff now hasn't been able to see that cause no games.  But, I'm tellin ya..Friday nights Guidry does his job well.  I guess he's easy to underestimate if the coaches don't know him, but he for sure works hard on Friday's.  He actually played center as a sophomore.  Allen put Beavers there some but Guidry was definitely better at that spot.  Maybe this new kid can do it as well, but experience accounts for something.