Spring practice at Chatt central

tistheseason

Here's a question, why are they stacking the defense so heavy? I don't want the defense wins championships answer! If you can't score points you don't win. As we've seen the last couple of years, our front 7 on defense were pretty darn good, we just couldn't cover anybody and were put in bad situation time and time again. Central is not big enough to two platoon, give it up and play more kids both ways.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More than anything..Guidry has good game experience.  The coaching staff now hasn't been able to see that cause no games.  But, I'm tellin ya..Friday nights Guidry does his job well.  I guess he's easy to underestimate if the coaches don't know him, but he for sure works hard on Friday's.  He actually played center as a sophomore.  Allen put Beavers there some but Guidry was definitely better at that spot.  Maybe this new kid can do it as well, but experience accounts for something.

He does not practice hard enough to start...Period

Just received confirmation from the scrimmage that my fears were confirmed. Several people in attendance said that the offensive line got blistered by the defense. They have got to start playing these kids both ways. I agree about building depth. However, you don't have to start them? Give the other guys a spell once in a while. They are the key to the season.