Is this called coaching ?

Ad5

Its pretty sad to me when a softball coach tells a team to be quiet when they are cheering for their teammates. What kind of message is this sending your team ? How about a little encouragement instead of negativity ! If this was to happen your team might still be playing ball. How about if we play talent and not last names! Then we might have a team.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh the silly season of school ball. The time of year, Where the drama is at all time high, from player to player drama, to lack of playing time, mommy and daddy thinking tbey know more than coaches, to coaches not playing to win but because of some ones last name, proms, graduation, the pressure to finish top 2 in districts, to win first region game, then breathe just long enough until sectional game, lose go home, win get to the Boro. Just a couple more weeks and little suzie can be coached properly by her travel ball coach, because school ball is so awful.

I miss something?

Yeah you obviously missed the part about being a team. Maybe where you are from the grass in the field is green but where i am from the grass in the field is almost dead. All i am saying is if a team is not allowed to cheer each other on then a coach does not need to be upset when they lose! Travel ball does sound pretty good because school ball is pretty darn bad!

Yeah. We all know that travel ball coaches don't play favorites, right? Get real. Most travel teams exist because the parents don't like the lack of playing time little Susie gets when she has to compete for PT on the school team. If you don't like your HS coach, don't play and just focus in travel ball. Simple solution.

I have to disagree with the summer ball coach remark. When you have summer ball coaches that are focused on winning nationally and not being the big fish in a little pond they will play the best nine!

Edited by Hawg