McNairy Central Football 2014

Guest hevyrevy1611

Success does indeed breed success and attracts players, and being beaten and the underdog will also at times rile up a sleeping giant who has had enough of it, then look out.. the barbarian beast created will be hard to stop. And MCHS's new coach knows how to get the best out of what he has, ask the teams where he has been. If the players there listen and do what Hodge says, no telling how far Bobcats go. I luv it when counties have more than one good team.. it raises competition level & makes everyone better. McNairy will soon have at least two powerhouses, good luck to both.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe the intent of this thread has changed from its original intent. A lot people in this thread want to bash everything being done. I have been a fan of McNairy Central ATHLETICS (not just football) for a long time and have attended countless games. What I have seen in the last two months is something that has been missing for years in this program - a fire to become better. 

Everyone is quick to point out negative things about the program and does not want to have any praise, so I will give them some praise. The kids are excited to be playing football and are excited about having Coach Hodge as a coach. First, when I talk to a player one of the first things I hear from them is how excited they are to be playing football. Next, I believe that Coach Hodge is a great hire for the program. His fire and excitement are becoming instilled in his players which is helping to build a strong work ethic leading to an improvement. Lastly don't single out McNairy's fan base/parents about politics among the program. There has never been a program in the history of sports that has made every person happy. A life lesson for you - You will NEVER make everyone you meet in life happy. 

Cardsfan - I wish Adamsville all the luck in the world, but how can you cast stones about the fan base/boosters at McNairy as if it does not go on at Adamsville. I will never believe that EVERY fan/booster associated with the AHS program is happy with every decision made. As I said in my life lesson - it is impossible for everyone to be happy all the time. If everyone got everything they wanted there would be no reason to improve.

GreeHornet - I'm not sure what program you follow, but I have never seen a program succeed on talent alone. Sometimes a coach showing a player that he cares is all that player needs to see to help motivate them and to inspire them.

I have no questions as to how McNairy's season will go. I believe they will succeed because they are putting in the effort and due diligence that is necessary to be successful. I hope that every program has as much success as possible this year and in the future.

I believe the intent of this thread has changed from its original intent. A lot people in this thread want to bash everything being done. I have been a fan of McNairy Central ATHLETICS (not just football) for a long time and have attended countless games. What I have seen in the last two months is something that has been missing for years in this program - a fire to become better. 

Everyone is quick to point out negative things about the program and does not want to have any praise, so I will give them some praise. The kids are excited to be playing football and are excited about having Coach Hodge as a coach. First, when I talk to a player one of the first things I hear from them is how excited they are to be playing football. Next, I believe that Coach Hodge is a great hire for the program. His fire and excitement are becoming instilled in his players which is helping to build a strong work ethic leading to an improvement. Lastly don't single out McNairy's fan base/parents about politics among the program. There has never been a program in the history of sports that has made every person happy. A life lesson for you - You will NEVER make everyone you meet in life happy. 

Cardsfan - I wish Adamsville all the luck in the world, but how can you cast stones about the fan base/boosters at McNairy as if it does not go on at Adamsville. I will never believe that EVERY fan/booster associated with the AHS program is happy with every decision made. As I said in my life lesson - it is impossible for everyone to be happy all the time. If everyone got everything they wanted there would be no reason to improve.

GreeHornet - I'm not sure what program you follow, but I have never seen a program succeed on talent alone. Sometimes a coach showing a player that he cares is all that player needs to see to help motivate them and to inspire them.

I have no questions as to how McNairy's season will go. I believe they will succeed because they are putting in the effort and due diligence that is necessary to be successful. I hope that every program has as much success as possible this year and in the future.

Great post!! I wish McNairy's kids all the best this upcoming season, except when we play you!  :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

That area of west TN will have two winning football teams in a year or two. Can't say Hodge will lead his team to play offs first year in, but they will be better this year! He will get the most out of each kid willing to work and listen. Those who don't do those things need to be gone and he has no problem letting them go. Fire them boys up hodgie!!!!

Mcnairy may surprise some people this year. Hodge brings an aggressive style of play. Look forward to watching them mcnairy mudhens get dirty.

Dirty being the "word" in this diatribe. Hogheaven must be trying to sign on as an assistant, since he couldn't keep his job in Dresden. Good luck MC and hopefully the program gets turned around for you. I've watched programs have decades of terrible play in our county and the right coach with the right attitude can turn it around. Hopefully, he has learned from his run-ins with the TSSAA. Give him a chance for redemption.

bobcat15 dont get me wrong i would love to see MCHS have a great year and win a bunch of ball games.  I will stand by my comments as fact until something changes.  I have several friends and family that bleed the blue from MCHS so i want them to do well.  Yes not everyone is happy at every other school but the big difference between most of those schools and MCHS is when the booster aint happy or Mommy/daddy are not happy they put pressure on people to fire or remove folks.  I have set and watched fans profess their True Blue right up until the decision affects them then they are having secret meetings, pushing for changes to help themselves.

Good luck BOBCATS.  Heres to a great season for every game except one.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Dirty being the "word" in this diatribe. Hogheaven must be trying to sign on as an assistant, since he couldn't keep his job in Dresden. Good luck MC and hopefully the program gets turned around for you. I've watched programs have decades of terrible play in our county and the right coach with the right attitude can turn it around. Hopefully, he has learned from his run-ins with the TSSAA. Give him a chance for redemption.

Uhmm, it's not wise to make assumptions nor conclusions without all the facts ChargerFan. Negative points on your "couldn't keep his job" jab at hog. That revealed more about you than it did hog. Do you have eyes to see what that revealed though? Yes, I probably know more than you do in this instance about his release, and hog would probably enlighten you with the full facts IF you are teachable. Are you? Or have you already made up your mind no matter how little info you have, or wrong info? You mention giving a chance for redemption to Hodge in one breath, yet low-blow hog in same breath simply because you don't have all the facts. The same is true for McNairy County comments in thus thread, or anywhere else for that matter, people making bad, real bad statements and assumptions based upon incomplete info, erroneous assumptions, and even because they have unteachable, hard-hearts that refuse to receive truth. It's just the way humans are. Perhaps you can see the truth in this case. Time will tell... Rant over. btw... IF hog was applying for a job there at MCHS, talk about an extra step upward in the right direction. Dude! What a huge plus that would be to Bobcat staff!!! Now I'm done. :) for now perhaps. Ha! Edited by hevyrevy1611

Uhmm, it's not wise to make assumptions nor conclusions without all the facts ChargerFan. Negative points on your "couldn't keep his job" jab at hog. That revealed more about you than it did hog. Do you have eyes to see what that revealed though? Yes, I probably know more than you do in this instance about his release, and hog would probably enlighten you with the full facts IF you are teachable. Are you? Or have you already made up your mind no matter how little info you have, or wrong info? You mention giving a chance for redemption to Hodge in one breath, yet low-blow hog in same breath simply because you don't have all the facts. The same is true for McNairy County comments in thus thread, or anywhere else for that matter, people making bad, real bad statements and assumptions based upon incomplete info, erroneous assumptions, and even because they have unteachable, hard-hearts that refuse to receive truth. It's just the way humans are. Perhaps you can see the truth in this case. Time will tell... Rant over. btw... IF hog was applying for a job there at MCHS, talk about an extra step upward in the right direction. Dude! What a huge plus that would be to Bobcat staff!!! Now I'm done. :) for now perhaps. Ha!

Good Post Rev. I don't know all the facts, just what others say. I've never met him and I'm sure he has a heart of gold. I'm sure "hog" is a good coach and is just "passionate" about the game. I'm teachable. Thanks for helping me see the light.

Thanks rev. And chargerfanatic, still want to talk, seriously face to face like men( not threat). I'm on here to support one of the best coaches I've worked with and know he will be an outstanding coach and leader for that community. Chad, just like the rest of us makes emotional gaffes, but he is a great role model, man and coach that out works his opponents and that is why I support him. Kick booty mcnairy!