9a next year

archangel

Ok with full practice just around the corner, how is everyone looking? I noticed that Huntland has quite a few transfers and should be very good. Moore county lost a really good player and MTCS will get one of their shooters back. I think Community and Eagleville haved stayed pretty consistent, and i do not know anything about Fayetville. What do you guys think? How will this season play out? I am very excited about all the young talent in this district. These players are only going to get better by competing against each other.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What shooter did MTCS get back? I am pretty sure they have enoiugh shooters as it is.

What are your rankings on the distrct? I feel that it will be listed below:

1. Community

2. MTCS

3. Moore Co

4. Forrest

5. Huntland

6. Eagleville

7. Fayettville

Like you mentioned in a earlier post, you have 3 or 4 teams that can win this league. Good Luck to all teams and coaches. It should be an outstanding year in District 9-A

Not sure of the girls name Kami I think. She was in a boot last year and she was a good shooter when she played for pride.

My prediction:

1 MTCS

2 Community

3 Moore

4 Forest

5 Huntland

6 Eagleville

7 Fayetville

Huntland may be better than my prediction. I have not seen them play with their new additions. Should be a great year of basketball and I think 9A is much stronger than they are getting credit for. Also, not a popular prediction but top three teams in this district can beat Huston Co.

Edited by gwh

I agree, the top 4 teams in this district can swap places and beat up one another. I think that Huntland and also Eagleville can make some noise. How will this district compare with 9-A?

I am sure that Houston County return most players from last years state tournament team. Will the Boggs girl be playing this year for them? I also hear Nashville Christian will have something to say in the battle also in 10A.

Houston is good no doubt but they do not have a district that is a constant grind. When a team dosent have to play in many close games it hurts the team. Dealing with pressure is learned by being there time after time. I believe Nashville Christian graduated a few last year and will not be as good. With that being said most of 9A is made up of players that are sophomores or younger. It is just a very talented district.

Really think Eagleville surprises some people this year. Didn't lose anyone & this will be the 3rd year of having basically the same players, I think they make a small leap (not winning the region) due to the players simply maturing. When I saw them in June they seemed to play very well together.

But I'm still gonna go

1. Community

2. MTCS

3. Forrest

4. Moore Co

5. Eagleville

6. Huntland

7. Fayetteville

If Community stays healthy, I don't see any way they don't win the district.

MTCS is a clear 2nd (could upset Community once)

Then there is a drop off IMO & the next 4 could finish in any order.

Houston is good no doubt but they do not have a district that is a constant grind. When a team dosent have to play in many close games it hurts the team. Dealing with pressure is learned by being there time after time. I believe Nashville Christian graduated a few last year and will not be as good. With that being said most of 9A is made up of players that are sophomores or younger. It is just a very talented district.

Houston does have a weak district, but man their coach does a great job adding tough teams to their schedule to help prepare them. Schools like Summertown, Forrest, Ezell Harding, and Community. He has added in some tougher tournaments to get them ready for bigger competition. Looks like he's got a good head on his shoulders to get those girls ready this year. 

Houston does have a weak district, but man their coach does a great job adding tough teams to their schedule to help prepare them. Schools like Summertown, Forrest, Ezell Harding, and Community. He has added in some tougher tournaments to get them ready for bigger competition. Looks like he's got a good head on his shoulders to get those girls ready this year. 

I agree, but  I think 9A grows up a lot this year.  The teams just have more room for growth out of their young players.  Not to mention that these teams were not that bad last year.  By the end of the season I think about 4 of these teams will be able to play a competitive game with Houston.  In other news I saw were MTCS won there play day games.  How do the other teams in 9A look at these play days?.  Good luck to everyone.