2014 9AAA

eers

Looks like we will all get a chance to watch Wilson Central and Hendersonville in action on 22 Aug.

WUXP-30 starts its Friday Night Rivals football coverage on Aug. 22 with the Hendersonville at Wilson Central game.

The Bears are hosting Beech on OCT 3rd-any other district games being televised?

Not at all I like to speak truth unlike some people! Once again you didn't answer any questions nor deny the fact that you are who a lot of us have assumed. Truth must be tough for you cause almost everything you post on here is a lie! Someone said it best awhile back, jealous can't be at MJ and never got that opportunity?! Strike a nerve?!

Right, trey got on here and felt like he had to defend himself, nowayout, now another coach there is trying to defend him. Funny to me that mj coaching staff takes so much time into this instead of coaching their kids.

Very good post HHS, hope people start coming around on this and doing their research.

Right, trey got on here and felt like he had to defend himself, nowayout, now another coach there is trying to defend him. Funny to me that mj coaching staff takes so much time into this instead of coaching their kids.

Very good post HHS, hope people start coming around on this and doing their research.

WCP,

I am not a coach, yet a supporter of football. My son played at MJ when coach Winfree and Crawford were coaching. He grew up with a coach on both staffs (MJ and WC) and still talks to both of them from time to time. I now live in Murfreesboro and don't get to catch many of the games although I will be at the jamboree next week.

On a side note, I still have friends in MJ with some of there kids going to MJ and a few playing football. They told me that you were a coach at WC and used to coach at a junior high in MJ. I don't know you personally, but think it's pretty shady to get on here and make assumptions on things you think you know. I definitely don't know all the facts, but from an outside point of view it might be time to grow up.

I'll bring this up again with reservations.  I live in MJ and have heard grumblings at church and around town about both programs in town.  My only reason for wanting to live here is for my girls to play basketball since I've always respected MJ for their girls bball program.  If things stay like this I see myself moving somewhere else.  The school seems to be filled with lots of problems from top down and I understand that in a school that size it is hard to control anything but I don't see any control over any of the students and the teachers are always complaining about the students running them over. 

This conversation I had with the former player was more disturbing than anything else I have heard.  He said, and I'm paraphrasing, that the perry's had an agenda they were trying to make themselves look like the saviors of Mount Juliet football as well as their souls.  He felt like coach ran off a lot of talent early on and did not give them a chance to come back but allowed for their best players to keep doing the wrong things and never receive much punishment.  One thing was a player getting suspended for taking pictures in the bathroom of another student and fighting the suspension since he was the best running back.  I think it is more of a mess than the other parents will admit too. 

I said that I brought this back up with reservations since I do not have any boys that are playing football and it doesn't look like I will, but I think that some things need to be known as I would not want my children's coaches forcing their beliefs on my children outside that of what I teach them everyday.  My belief is that women are not to lead prayer or any service as with what the bible says and he has had girls lead prayer over these young men.  It is up to you but a man is not the savior of my children but Christ.

That young was man was punished and not allowed to practice or play in a game. Not to mention the punishment he ran at practice. This young man left MJ because he was treated like every other player and was held accountable for his actions. Don't get me wrong; he is a great kid; but a player is not bigger than the team. That is what the Perry's teach.

Ask the players about Hot Stoves and flipping large tractor tires several hundred yards. These are some of the things they do for punishment. I have personally seen players do these as punishments no matter if they are the big star on the team or don't play. The coaches teach these young man about life and how to be accountable for their actions. That they represent their families, community  and school. They are very disciplined and strict about being on time, how the players act on and off the field and as well as in the class room and being dependable. I have even seen the whole team be punished for the locker room not being picked up and orderly. No one was exempt. I can promise you that no parent, fan or anyone has spent more time at practice seeing first hand what goes on with practice and punishments then me. You can ask any current player or former player from the last 4 years.

They do have a team Chaplin and go to church together once a year as a team. I don't think that is acting like trying to be the " Saviors " of MJ. They allow all team members regarding of sex, race, color or religion to lead in prayer if they would like to. They don't claim to be the Savior but to help guide young adults along the way. To do the right things, be responsible and accountable. I am Methodist and we have woman Pastures lead in guest sermons from time to time.

Instead of going by hear say; why don't you spend 10 minutes talking with the Perry's.

When my son first started playing at MJ ; all I heard ( from players,parents and fans ) was about how Coach Roger Perry did not like freshman and how he did not want parents or any one at practice and would not even talk with parents of players. I went to practice one day and Coach and his staff could not have been more friendly ( didn't have a clue to who I was ) and told me he wished more parents and fans would come see practice and what they do. Point is; had I gone by what I was told and heard; I would have missed out on getting to know a bunch of good men and who they really are. Today; it is not uncommon to see 50-100 people watching practice.

Edited by BKisler

That young was man was punished and not allowed to practice or play in a game. Not to mention the punishment he ran at practice. This young man left MJ because he was treated like every other player and was held accountable for his actions. Don't get me wrong; he is a great kid; but a player is not bigger than the team. That is what the Perry's teach.

Ask the players about Hot Stoves and flipping large tractor tires several hundred yards. These are some of the things they do for punishment. I have personally seen players do these as punishments no matter if they are the big star on the team or don't play. The coaches teach these young man about life and how to be accountable for their actions. That they represent their families, community  and school. They are very disciplined and strict about being on time, how the players act on and off the field and as well as in the class room and being dependable. I have even seen the whole team be punished for the locker room not being picked up and orderly. No one was exempt. I can promise you that no parent, fan or anyone has spent more time at practice seeing first hand what goes on with practice and punishments then me. You can ask any current player or former player from the last 4 years.

They do have a team Chaplin and go to church together once a year as a team. I don't think that is acting like trying to be the " Saviors " of MJ. They allow all team members regarding of sex, race, color or religion to lead in prayer if they would like to. They don't claim to be the Savior but to help guide young adults along the way. To do the right things, be responsible and accountable. I am Methodist and we have woman Pastures lead in guest sermons from time to time.

Instead of going by hear say; why don't you spend 10 minutes talking with the Perry's.

When my son first started playing at MJ ; all I heard ( from players,parents and fans ) was about how Coach Roger Perry did not like freshman and how he did not want parents or any one at practice and would not even talk with parents of players. I went to practice one day and Coach and his staff could not have been more friendly ( didn't have a clue to who I was ) and told me he wished more parents and fans would come see practice and what they do. Point is; had I gone by what I was told and heard; I would have missed out on getting to know a bunch of good men and who they really are. Today; it is not uncommon to see 50-100 people watching practice.

When the hearsay is from a recent graduate who played all 4 years it is hard to go against it.  I don't doubt that there are a lot of great kids on the team but when the coach bad mouths the coaches and players that have left right in front the team it is a problem.  I saw why the students run over the teachers at the high school when their coach downs the faculty and staff for not thinking that football is greater than school.  

Is it a team Chaplin that the students choose or that Coach chooses that is in line with their own beliefs.  Ask the coaches at Gallatin what happens when you try to take your hat off in respect of a student led prayer? I know that I would have a problem with having a forced belief on my children that is not in line with what the bible teaches.  This is not a place for this discussion I know, but when it is brought upon the minds of the children being effected then you must teach your children that you should go with what is true and not public opinion and/or popular thought.

â€œWhat one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.†

― John Wesley

My question would be was the school the one who kept him from playing or the coaching?  When the player is taking pictures of another students privates and sending it out I think that it is an issue.  If I were a coach I know that I would not want this behavior on my team and would not fight to get him back on the field even with running hot stoves or flipping tires.  I would also not let my children be a part of this either.  If you support that then that is on you...

I was just as skeptical about WCP in his posts until I talked with this former player.  I know that I find it odd how Matt Duncan left the way that he did when his dad is the Athletic director of the school.  

To me as an outsider I think that you have to look at both sides and weigh what I know.  I understand that you will defend your son and his team and I really respect that, but I think that even to some extent you have to think about how things are being handled.  There is just too much going on for at least some of this not to be true.  I will be asking myself that when my girls get to this level and I already have a lot of respect for coach Fryer and what he has done.

I wish your son the best this year Kisler!  I want all the teams in 9-aaa to go 9-1 with one exception.

BTW... I must need to get a job doing what you do if you can spend that much time at practice.  Let me know where I can sign up!!!

Ask the players about Hot Stoves and flipping large tractor tires several hundred yards. These are some of the things they do for punishment. I have personally seen players do these as punishments no matter if they are the big star on the team or don't play. The coaches teach these young man about life and how to be accountable for their actions. That they represent their families, community and school. They are very disciplined and strict about being on time, how the players act on and off the field and as well as in the class room and being dependable. I have even seen the whole team be punished for the locker room not being picked up and orderly. No one was exempt. I can promise you that no parent, fan or anyone has spent more time at practice seeing first hand what goes on with practice and punishments then me. You can ask any current player or former player from the last 4 years.

They do have a team Chaplin and go to church together once a year as a team. I don't think that is acting like trying to be the " Saviors " of MJ. They allow all team members regarding of sex, race, color or religion to lead in prayer if they would like to. They don't claim to be the Savior but to help guide young adults along the way. To do the right things, be responsible and accountable. I am Methodist and we have woman Pastures lead in guest sermons from time to time.

When my son first started playing at MJ ; all I heard ( from players,parents and fans ) was about how Coach Roger Perry did not like freshman and how he did not want parents or any one at practice and would not even talk with parents of players. I went to practice one day and Coach and his staff could not have been more friendly ( didn't have a clue to who I was ) and told me he wished more parents and fans would come see practice and what they do. Point is; had I gone by what I was told and heard; I would have missed out on getting to know a bunch of good men and who they really are. Today; it is not uncommon to see 50-100 people watching practice.

Good strory. Glad we've all been touched by the Perry's grace. I'm glad y'all are so close. It's nice. Now back to football.

The thing is,I could be a coach, a parent, a coach at mj that was let go recently, a community member who knows what's going on, a player,a coach in staff at mj, or maybe someone just trying to get a response. But the fact is, that I'm letting this stuff be known because I myself have been there before and I have some inside knowledge. I know what happens, and the illegal things that happen there.

The point of the matter is, it's starting to be seen, and it's starting to show that this place isn't what people think it is. The people there act with some sense of intitlement, but in reality has not done ANYTHING!

So I'll leave it at this, I know mj, I have for a while,

And I look for this to be a fun year for football.

When the hearsay is from a recent graduate who played all 4 years it is hard to go against it.  I don't doubt that there are a lot of great kids on the team but when the coach bad mouths the coaches and players that have left right in front the team it is a problem.  I saw why the students run over the teachers at the high school when their coach downs the faculty and staff for not thinking that football is greater than school.  

Is it a team Chaplin that the students choose or that Coach chooses that is in line with their own beliefs.  Ask the coaches at Gallatin what happens when you try to take your hat off in respect of a student led prayer? I know that I would have a problem with having a forced belief on my children that is not in line with what the bible teaches.  This is not a place for this discussion I know, but when it is brought upon the minds of the children being effected then you must teach your children that you should go with what is true and not public opinion and/or popular thought.

â€œWhat one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.†

― John Wesley

My question would be was the school the one who kept him from playing or the coaching?  When the player is taking pictures of another students privates and sending it out I think that it is an issue.  If I were a coach I know that I would not want this behavior on my team and would not fight to get him back on the field even with running hot stoves or flipping tires.  I would also not let my children be a part of this either.  If you support that then that is on you...

I was just as skeptical about WCP in his posts until I talked with this former player.  I know that I find it odd how Matt Duncan left the way that he did when his dad is the Athletic director of the school.  

To me as an outsider I think that you have to look at both sides and weigh what I know.  I understand that you will defend your son and his team and I really respect that, but I think that even to some extent you have to think about how things are being handled.  There is just too much going on for at least some of this not to be true.  I will be asking myself that when my girls get to this level and I already have a lot of respect for coach Fryer and what he has done.

I wish your son the best this year Kisler!  I want all the teams in 9-aaa to go 9-1 with one exception.

BTW... I must need to get a job doing what you do if you can spend that much time at practice.  Let me know where I can sign up!!!

Thanks for wishing my son the best this year. It will be a fun year. I spend a lot of time traveling and it has been nice to be able to be at 6:30 AM practices when the team has had them ( like last year ) or watch practice on my way home or to another state. A lot of very early morning and late night driving to be able to watch my son play a game he loves.

Back to football.....

Anyone familiar with Clarksville High and what they have ?

I'll bring this up again with reservations.  I live in MJ and have heard grumblings at church and around town about both programs in town.  My only reason for wanting to live here is for my girls to play basketball since I've always respected MJ for their girls bball program.  If things stay like this I see myself moving somewhere else.  The school seems to be filled with lots of problems from top down and I understand that in a school that size it is hard to control anything but I don't see any control over any of the students and the teachers are always complaining about the students running them over. 

This conversation I had with the former player was more disturbing than anything else I have heard.  He said, and I'm paraphrasing, that the perry's had an agenda they were trying to make themselves look like the saviors of Mount Juliet football as well as their souls.  He felt like coach ran off a lot of talent early on and did not give them a chance to come back but allowed for their best players to keep doing the wrong things and never receive much punishment.  One thing was a player getting suspended for taking pictures in the bathroom of another student and fighting the suspension since he was the best running back.  I think it is more of a mess than the other parents will admit too. 

I said that I brought this back up with reservations since I do not have any boys that are playing football and it doesn't look like I will, but I think that some things need to be known as I would not want my children's coaches forcing their beliefs on my children outside that of what I teach them everyday.  My belief is that women are not to lead prayer or any service as with what the bible says and he has had girls lead prayer over these young men.  It is up to you but a man is not the savior of my children but Christ.

Roger Perry did revive MJ's football program. My opinion is his son will not have the same success. The part about giving more chances to "star" players is everywhere. I've seen it all the way down to the Jr Pro levels. It's not right but it happens everywhere. 

Roger Perry did revive MJ's football program. My opinion is his son will not have the same success. The part about giving more chances to "star" players is everywhere. I've seen it all the way down to the Jr Pro levels. It's not right but it happens everywhere.

Did Roger Perry revive MJ's football program or just bring it to a new level? I think the later.