CPA vs Alcoa 2014

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really care split or no-split. Actually, I probably prefer the split because I am tired of the whining (not Alcoa). I would guess Alcoa, in football, doesn't care, but for other sports, the Alcoa administration probably does care.

After the privates are all split (and it is coming), it will be fun to read all the whiners posting about the open zones schools since they can't complain about the privates anymore. I'm sure the "goonies" can handle them.

BTW, I was really surprised seeing the number of public schools voting against the split. You may have noticed East, Pearl Cohn, and Maplewood who all used to be in CPA's district, and Marshall County who is now in CPA's district.

Edited by sportsnerd

I don't really care split or no-split. Actually, I probably prefer the split because I am tired of the whining (not Alcoa). I would guess Alcoa, in football, doesn't care, but for other sports, the Alcoa administration probably does care.

After the privates are all split (and it is coming), it will be fun to read all the whiners posting about the open zones schools since they can't complain about the privates anymore. I'm sure the "goonies" can handle them.

BTW, I was really surprised seeing the number of public schools voting against the split. You may have noticed East, Pearl Cohn, and Maplewood who all used to be in CPA's district, and Marshall County who is now in CPA's district.

And that's probably the only reason Alcoa is for the split is the other sports (like basketball :mrgreen:)

I am pretty sure East, Pearl, Maplewood don't care cause they are in a metro area. Even though they are zoned, easy to slip school to school with a slight change of address. No clue why Marshall county is against it. I would say most of the schools against it are the rual chools 1a-4a who have a limited number of kids to pick from and not close enough to go get kids. No matter how great a program, facilities, tradition, or academics a place like Lewis Co or Trousdale has, they are not going to pull kids into their program. Where the heck their parents going work? I would say that's the core group wanting the split. I know back in a day, Nissan was a good source for my Riverdale to pull kids in among other places of buisness.

I am pretty sure East, Pearl, Maplewood don't care cause they are in a metro area. Even though they are zoned, easy to slip school to school with a slight change of address. No clue why Marshall county is against it. I would say most of the schools against it are the rual chools 1a-4a who have a limited number of kids to pick from and not close enough to go get kids. No matter how great a program, facilities, tradition, or academics a place like Lewis Co or Trousdale has, they are not going to pull kids into their program. Where the heck their parents going work? I would say that's the core group wanting the split. I know back in a day, Nissan was a good source for my Riverdale to pull kids in among other places of buisness.

You're probably right, but interesting that the BB coach at East has always been one of the biggest critics of CPA being in public realm. I do know that CPA admin. had a good relationship with the metro schools in District 10 overall, and worked hard to form good relationships with them. Plus Lipscomb is still there, right?

Sportsnerd, I know this question is off-topic, but you being in Nashville, have you heard that Lipscomb and Treveca may start college football? If so, will it be NAIA or NCAA?

Haven't heard. Football is an expensive sport and harder to finance for a school unless they are in a revenue sharing conference that makes money and few do. It is even harder in NAIA/D2/D3. Lipscomb (and even Belmont) could probably field a NCAA team with time and their strong financial backing. Trevecca would be hard pressed to finance a team and would have to be NAIA or D2/3.

Haven't heard. Football is an expensive sport and harder to finance for a school unless they are in a revenue sharing conference that makes money and few do. It is even harder in NAIA/D2/D3. Lipscomb (and even Belmont) could probably field a NCAA team with time and their strong financial backing. Trevecca would be hard pressed to finance a team and would have to be NAIA or D2/3.

huge cost for either school would be a stadium.