Who will be Maryville's trap game?

blazer1set

Trust me Gov91 ... William Blount has Maryville "circled on their calendar" every year!  We're just having some fun with you. I'm not certain what you are basing your "every couple of years" theory on though.  Having said that, after talking with Coach Ridge and Snoderly and Garner ... I am excited about this season.  Justin has this team headed in the right direction!

Yes. That was my point. West and Middle Tn is where the big boys are. Maryville will not have a trap game during the season until they schedule a team from the West.. I predict that The Rebles will go undefeated during the req season again. 

Blade.....I recall you and some of your patrons from the Ridge discussing Maryville and when will they move up to play the "Big Boys" such as Oak Ridge. Pretty telling how that has changed......wouldn't you agree? Even the "big boys" have relocated to another part of the state.  

Trust me Gov91 ... William Blount has Maryville "circled on their calendar" every year!  We're just having some fun with you. I'm not certain what you are basing your "every couple of years" theory on though.  Having said that, after talking with Coach Ridge and Snoderly and Garner ... I am excited about this season.  Justin has this team headed in the right direction!

"Erbody has a goot plane till you punch'em in d moulf" Mike Tyson  :popcorneater:

Trust me Gov91 ... William Blount has Maryville "circled on their calendar" every year! We're just having some fun with you. I'm not certain what you are basing your "every couple of years" theory on though. Having said that, after talking with Coach Ridge and Snoderly and Garner ... I am excited about this season. Justin has this team headed in the right direction!

Well after getting beat 39-3 in 05 the Govs lost 34-10 and 20-19 in 06 and 07. And after losing 50-6 in 2010 the Govs lost 41-21 the following years at maryville. And if I remember right The Govs fell 31-10 to maryville in 02 and of course beat maryville in 99. Some of those scores may not seem close but scores can be deceptive. In that 11 game WB gave maryville more grief than anybody else had all season except for alcoa. And if you take away a few of those 1st quarter miscues It would have been a very tight game. Kind of like the Maryville/BC playoff game last year. That final score did not tell you how much trouble bradley gave maryville. But if you were there you know That Bradley gave them fits. That's the thing about Maryville... You can be playing great against them but if you make a mistake or two and turn the ball over and suddenly you are in the hole 21 or 28 points. And Yes... There is lots to be excited about. I have talked to some of the players and they seem to have their heads screwed on right this year and they are hungry to win. Plus we have alot more talent on this squad than people think. I really think this will be the year we catch some teams with their pants down.

Blade.....I recall you and some of your patrons from the Ridge discussing Maryville and when will they move up to play the "Big Boys" such as Oak Ridge. Pretty telling how that has changed......wouldn't you agree? Even the "big boys" have relocated to another part of the state.  

I never said that OR was the one of Big Boys.. but since then---we have discovered that the Big Boys are out west. I don't think many would disagree. Here is East tn--- there is Maryville and then there is every one else. I guess  it does not make much sense to Schedule a tough team during the Reg season..I mean, everyone can't be like we were in my day.  

Edited by bladerunner

HEY MERRYVILLA..WHO'S IDEA WAS IT TO PUT UP A POST LIKE THIS???WHAT ARE THEY INSINUATING???TRAP GAME??? IMO YOU WILL STEAMROLL THRU THAT TUFF DISTRICT OF YOURS....CRUISE THRU THE PLAYOFFS AS USUAL AND THE RUBBER WILL MEET THE ROAD IN COOKEVILLE...SIMPLE...I JUST THINK THE SIGNAL CALLERS WILL BE A MAJOR FACTOR THIS SEASON....AND RUTHERFORD COUNTY HAD MORE EXPERIENCE IN THAT AREA....#GO BLAZE.....AS FAR AS THE COACHING..GQ IS THE STANDARD....GOOD LUCK TO BOTH :thumb:

• Upvote 1