1A season cancelled. Union City & Nasville Christian to play for title!

gtripledip

As some of you know Clarksville Academy runs a spread wide open "no huddle" offensive. We live and die by speed, quickness, and endurance. Since we usually suit up < 30 players, we play a lot of ironman football. We might get beat by the score and maybe our players are not be as big or as athletic as some other teams. but no team ever out hustles us. Our coaching staff always has our team in shape and prepared for the game. Practice, film and being in shape has been keys to the success we have had. We hope to score points off our 4-4 defense

Our coaches put in a lot of time to keep the team prepared. We always play up. Most all our non-district games are good programs that have 3A and 4A enrollment. I am proud of our team and our coaches for the success that we had in last three years. We have made it to the playoffs each year. Our record during those three years is 24-9. Our coaches care about and invest in the boys on the team. Schools like ours and others with < 200 total students have to have students that play multiple sports and multiple positions. Some folks on here like to criticize our coaching staff and other teams. I don't think that's appropriate. I respect our coaches and see them in action on several times a week. I trust them and their character.

We might not will it all this year but we will compete and be ready to play. Go Cougars!

Edited by gtripledip

Article in today Tennesseean,

NC givens is the tennesseans #10 on the dandy dozens list,, has offers from vandy, tenn, ole miss, Ohio st, Nebraska and Miami,,,, ranked as the states #14 prospect and 46th nationally at his position.

Also NC tb/lb 6'3 220 lb bituli has five offers including tenn, ole miss and Lsu,,,,, sure like to see both of these guys in orange ! This is very rare for 2 1A guys to be headed to the sec, especially from the same HS,,,, congrats to these guys !

NC givens is the tennesseans #10 on the dandy dozens list,, has offers from vandy, tenn, ole miss, Ohio st, Nebraska and Miami,,,, ranked as the states #14 prospect and 46th nationally at his position.

Also NC tb/lb 6'3 220 lb bituli has five offers including tenn, ole miss and Lsu,,,,, sure like to see both of these guys in orange ! This is very rare for 2 1A guys to be headed to the sec, especially from the same HS,,,, congrats to these guys !

Thanks for letting us know about the article.  NCS only has a handful of seniors (6, I think) and 5 of them pal around together.  My son and Givens are good friends.  He is a great kid and deserves these offers he has received.  Tell Butch to step it up a bit as 2 schools from that list have risen to the top and they don't wear orange.

I'm a Buckeye and OSU isn't high on his list either - I've put in a call to Urban  ;).

Yep, highly unusual to have two SEC caliber players on the same team. They will be a load to play against. Speaks well for 1A football. If you have size and can play, colleges will find you.

Yep, highly unusual to have two SEC caliber players on the same team. They will be a load to play against. Speaks well for 1A football. If you have size and can play, colleges will find you.

Been talking with our coaches as they help us in the scholarship hunt and they believe we have one more on the OL.  He's a junior this year.  Almost as big as Givens now.  We are not going to have any trouble punching holes in defensive fronts this year.

Union City and NCS should have a high hopes for their teams. They both return a lot and should have those lofty goals set. There are several good teams in Class A. For schools out west they are going to have to go through UC/NCS to get to Cookeville. I am looking forward to football season and anything can happen under those Friday Night Lights. If a school can beat UC/NCS in the playoff's they means that they went through the best to get to Cookeville. I would rather have it that way instead of beating some patsy to get there. Good luck to all teams this season.

Add Mizzou to the list for Givens. Came in today.